Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hill at OG
How did he look?

How many snaps did he get at OG before returning to OC?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How did he look?

How many snaps did he get at OG before returning to OC?

I thought he looked good last night, I will have to watch the game again though to know for sure.

Still remember one play where he was really pulling D-lineman forward showing great effort out there.

Made me feel better about him after the first PS game.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thought he looked good last night, I will have to watch the game again though to know for sure.

Still remember one play where he was really pulling D-lineman forward showing great effort out there.

Made me feel better about him after the first PS game.

I thought he done a good job as well.I was really focused more on Volson,but I didn’t notice Hill making any mental errors,and he really looked comfortable,and confident,playing in that C position.Can’t say as much for Volson,as sometimes he looked confused.Missed some assignments,including giving up a sack.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 05:07 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I thought he done a good job as well.I was really focused more on Volson,but I didn’t notice Hill making any mental errors,and he really looked comfortable,and confident,playing in that C position.Can’t say as much for Volson,as sometimes he looked confused.Missed some assignments,including giving up a sack.

Yea with Brown going down, I pretty much already accepted the fact Hill will be the backup C, so I didn't really bother focusing on him.
My primary focus for the game was Volson.
And I couldn't help notice the terrible offense for most of the game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 05:07 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Can’t say as much for Volson,as sometimes he looked confused.Missed some assignments,including giving up a sack.

This is normal for any rookie in a pre-season game.  I was very encouraged by his anchor, his balance, his pad level and his run blocking.  I expect him to improve quickly in the mental game and beat out Carman easily.  Carman's last game was sad. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 06:09 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: This is normal for any rookie in a pre-season game.  I was very encouraged by his anchor, his balance, his pad level and his run blocking.  I expect him to improve quickly in the mental game and beat out Carman easily.  Carman's last game was sad. 

Volson didn't open as many or as big of holes in the run game as I'd ideally like, but he did ok.
As you said, his anchor was solid.
He doesn't have the athleticism to succeed in space.
He's a phone booth type of OL.

Those stunts by NYG defense really threw him for a loop at times.
Hopefully it's a learning experience and he gets better at handling non-vanilla defenses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 05:07 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I thought he done a good job as well.I was really focused more on Volson,but I didn’t notice Hill making any mental errors,and he really looked comfortable,and confident,playing in that C position.Can’t say as much for Volson,as sometimes he looked confused.Missed some assignments,including giving up a sack.

Yeah, Volson sure wasn't great or anything. But it was a big game for him going against starters and it shown he can do it.

That is something.

(08-22-2022, 06:09 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: This is normal for any rookie in a pre-season game.  I was very encouraged by his anchor, his balance, his pad level and his run blocking.  I expect him to improve quickly in the mental game and beat out Carman easily.  Carman's last game was sad. 

True, probably right but Carman wasn't near as sad as the guys next to him in Prince and Hill in the first game.

Happy to see Hill improve and hope it keeps happening all across the board with our backups.
Reply/Quote