Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hop shut down Donald in London.
(02-12-2022, 05:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would hope Hopkins could block Sam Darnold.  I mean, he's not great, but he's still an NFL OL.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Rams secretly traded Aaron Donald for Sam Donald and Sam is playing their Dline!  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 05:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe we match up better than we think. Hopkins has at least a 70.2 or better pass blocking grade every game since week 9. The last time we faced the Rams in 2019 in London, Trey was on Donald, he allowed 1 hurry, no sacks, and graded out at 85.3. If Trey plays anywhere near that tomorrow, we're in damn fine shape.

Here's an article about the three most underrated Bengals that will be keys tomorrow that discusses this.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/cincinnati-bengals-underrated-players-game-changers-super-bowl-56/

If Hopkins has a good game against Donald then a lot of talking heads will have to eat burnt crow come Monday.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold on Donald being the answer for Ram's success tomorrow. If they want to win, they better pray Stafford doesn't turn the ball over 3+ times.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 05:35 PM)M.W. Wrote: If the Bengals Oline plays well we  are SB champions!

Correct. If Joe is given some time to cook, we will win.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Damn! This cat has really come on strong as the season progressed. Obvious he's getting stronger every week after the knee injury. He looked rough the first several weeks, but that had to be expected. He's no Jeff Saturday, but he's a pretty decent player. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m more worried about Von Miller. Donald is a problem, and I think we will double him. Von Miller is almost just as dangerous especially isolated 1-1.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 10:27 AM)PocketAces32 Wrote: I’m more worried about Von Miller. Donald is a problem, and I think we will double him. Von Miller is almost just as dangerous especially isolated 1-1.

Good point, and on Prince. They're going to have to chip him at least. One thing in our favor...those guys are relatively small. They're lethally quick. Best case scenario, we get Mixon moving downhill in the run game. If that happens, it's gonna be a long day for them. They'll be worn down. This could be one of those "the dam will break days" if our defense can keep them bottled up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have had 2 weeks to strategize and study tape on teams that mitigated that potent duo’s ability to kill QB’s.

I’d like to think, at the very least, they came up w a plan to dampen their attack.

That said, in typical Bengals fashion, we may not see something that works until the 2nd half. lol

The first half might be ugly.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 05:44 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LoL, could be. All jokes aside, it actually wasn't. 24-10, LA, we were just really bad that year.

That game was brutal... Complete snorefest on our end.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The majority of the talk all week has been how bad our oline is and how good the Rams dline is. Probably rightfully so but this is the superbowl and this offensive line should come out beyond fired up. Hopefully they play a really good game and give Burrow those precious extra secs he needs.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 05:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe we match up better than we think. Hopkins has at least a 70.2 or better pass blocking grade every game since week 9. The last time we faced the Rams in 2019 in London, Trey was on Donald, he allowed 1 hurry, no sacks, and graded out at 85.3. If Trey plays anywhere near that tomorrow, we're in damn fine shape.

Here's an article about the three most underrated Bengals that will be keys tomorrow that discusses this.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/cincinnati-bengals-underrated-players-game-changers-super-bowl-56/

Awesome, thanks Wyche. Another fact that makes me feel better about this matchup.

Everyone, I mean everyone who is picking the Rams are hanging their hat on Aaron Donald.

We take him away and what have they got? I know, Cooper Kupp, but Hilton has also shut him down before.
Reply/Quote