Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hopkins
(10-09-2019, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. One of the few bright spots. Get Hopkins locked up and use Price more next to either side of him and I think the Line
will improve. Miller makes one good run block a game early maybe and then falls off a cliff the rest of the game. I don't think 
he has any stamina. We figured Jordan would have set backs as a rookie which he has especially on penalties but not ready to
give up on him yet.

When Jonah comes back and if we draft a Lineman early and get a good one in FA we might not be that bad. We will see...

But I definitely have been impressed by Hopkins this season big time.

Price waaaay too light to play G. The guy is 305. I doubt there's more than a handful, at most, G in the NFL at that weight..
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Between that, getting knocked on his ass at Indy, and just flat out getting TRUCKED against SF, I shudder at the thought of him on the QBs blindside. 

Just read Price is starting at LG against the Ravens.

Jerry or Redmond will be starting at LT with Smith out.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just don't get how he/they seem to just keep getting worse ? It's like what the hell are they teaching them in practice ? The two step.... heel to toe dosey doe come on baby don't worry about them rushers. 

They probably just watch old military movies in the film room.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just read Price is starting at LG against the Ravens.

Jerry or Redmond will be starting at LT with Smith out.

Like I replied to yojimbo..damn the torpedos!

I think I'd roll with Jerry at LT.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait just a minute. How in the heck can he be rated among the NFL's best, with a PFF grade under 70??

Where's The Pistons? We're going to need for him to give us some clarity on this matter..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Taylor just announced Price is starting at LG this week.

Was wanting to see Price at RG over Miller but I guess this is somewhat what I wanted to see.

MJ has been bad with penalties, hope Price is better. Miller is just a terrible run blocker.

(10-09-2019, 02:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hope he eats his Wheaties!!!!!

In all seriousness, he has graded better than MJ, albeit in limited action, might as well damn the torpedos!

(10-09-2019, 02:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agreed. What could it hurt at this point?

Definitely agree here, can't hurt. Some things need changing when you are 0-5.

(10-09-2019, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ragnow rated best C in the league right now.

Thought he would be the best Center right out of the gate between the two but honestly Price has been way worse 
then I thought he would be. Still I think he would be better then Miller regardless at RG who plays soft. Price was a 
road grading run blocker in college, pancaked dudes all the time. Don't know what happened honestly.

At least Hopkins has looked good under Turner, that is all I can say.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:36 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Price waaaay too light to play G. The guy is 305. I doubt there's more than a handful, at most, G in the NFL at that weight..

So you are saying you have to be a soft, fat dude to play Guard, got it

Hello John Miller.

(10-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Like I replied to yojimbo..damn the torpedos!

I think I'd roll with Jerry at LT.

Jerry did play well against Chandler Jones last game and Redmond has been a penalty machine in the past.

Don't know why Redmond is even being mentioned at LT. Bring up Dugas from the PS before starting Redmond at LT.

Crazy thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I seriously do not know what happened to Price.  He was a bull and the ONLY Bengal getting any push at LOS.  Yet, he looks lost as hell and his pass-pro has regressed under Turner.  

Price simply didn't get the reps during camp after he got the injury that side lined him. Since he missed most of camp he is playing catch up and since Hopkins had played well he earned his stripes and spot as the C. 

I don't think Price is horrible and given that the coaches seem to be going with him a LG that is a good sign for price. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you are saying you have to be a soft, fat dude to play Guard, got it

Hello John Miller.

Jerry did play well against Chandler Jones last game and Redmond has been a penalty machine in the past.

Don't know why Redmond is even being mentioned at LT. Bring up Dugas from the PS before starting Redmond at LT.

Crazy thoughts.

Dugas is on IR not PS.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins is a blessing, yet they went with Hart with the paycheck.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Dugas is on IR not PS.

No wonder then, didn't know that, thanks Yo.

Guess Redmond has the length and strength to play LT, but the guy is a penalty machine and doesn't have quick feet.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No wonder then, didn't know that, thanks Yo.

Guess Redmond has the length and strength to play LT, but the guy is a penalty machine and doesn't have quick feet.

Hopefully he’ll be put on the 53 after week 8. I thought he showed some promise in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hopefully he’ll be put on the 53 after week 8. I thought he showed some promise in preseason.

Hey, if he can play with that nastiness and not be a penalty machine that would be great.

I do like this about Redmond's game.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was wanting to see Price at RG over Miller but I guess this is somewhat what I wanted to see.

MJ has been bad with penalties, hope Price is better. Miller is just a terrible run blocker.

Definitely agree here, can't hurt. Some things need changing when you are 0-5.

Thought he would be the best Center right out of the gate between the two but honestly Price has been way worse 
then I thought he would be. Still I think he would be better then Miller regardless at RG who plays soft. Price was a 
road grading run blocker in college, pancaked dudes all the time. Don't know what happened honestly.

At least Hopkins has looked good under Turner, that is all I can say.

Price struggles with reach and hasn't found a good way to use his hands to allow him to get inside the defender.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Is it possible that Hopkins looks better than he is because teams realize they are far more successful picking on our terrible Tackles??

I would assume teams are focusing on attacking us on the perimeter instead of up the middle which may make Treys job a little easier than it would be otherwise.

Just a thought.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I seriously do not know what happened to Price.  He was a bull and the ONLY Bengal getting any push at LOS.  Yet, he looks lost as hell and his pass-pro has regressed under Turner.  

I don't understand it either. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Price struggles with reach and hasn't found a good way to use his hands to allow him to get inside the defender.

Yes, Price always has had short arms but there are many Lineman out there that have found a way to be successful with'em.

(10-09-2019, 05:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is it possible that Hopkins looks better than he is because teams realize they are far more successful picking on our terrible Tackles??

I would assume teams are focusing on attacking us on the perimeter instead of up the middle which may make Treys job a little easier than it would be otherwise.

Just a thought.

Eh, can disrupt a play better if you can go right through the middle instead of going the long way around.

Hence Aaron Donald and Geno disrupting Offenses all these years. You collapse the pocket from the inside...

The QB has only one choice, run.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ragnow rated best C in the league right now.

this makes me sick.  Thanks Lap... Hammer
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They probably just watch old military movies in the film room.

Serious question.  What about that PFF rating below 70, that claims Hopkins is among the NFL's best?  Do all Centers just suck in general?  I thought I remembered you saying that anything below 70 was pretty much "bad".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Serious question.  What about that PFF rating below 70, that claims Hopkins is among the NFL's best?  Do all Centers just suck in general?  I thought I remembered you saying that anything below 70 was pretty much "bad".

Similarly, has any player obtained higher 90s?  Or are the scaling weighted by social comparison which prevent this?  What do the numbers mean?  Is the score 70 on a standardized bell-shape curve where 70 is the mean?  Does 70-80 have the same ratio in terms of variance and probability as 80-90.  The reason i say this is if more frequent scores are in the 70-80 range, then just using probability, the 10-20 scores would be infrequent and the 90 and above scores would be infrequent.  You can be the best QB in the world ever and not score consistently in the 90s or even reach 100.  If that is the case being that the best QB ever and cannot consistently achieve the best or toward the best scores, what do these scores mean?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote