Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hopkins Released
Per Coach Taylor press conference updates on twitter.
Reply/Quote
Really surprised at this move, thought they would try to restructure his contract. Have no depth at center now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:25 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Per Coach Taylor press conference updates on twitter.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Beat me to it!

[Image: icbgOyZ.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really surprised at this move, thought they would try to restructure his contract. Have no depth at center now.

If team is confident in Trey Hill, he'll be the backup C.
If team isn't, I'd expect a C to get drafted. Given Karras is on a multi-year deal, I don't think we'll see a C taken early in the draft.
Probably Day 3 sometime.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does this mean they're signing Collins ?

Starts praying
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If team is confident in Trey Hill, he'll be the backup C.
If team isn't, I'd expect a C to get drafted. Given Karras is on a multi-year deal, I don't think we'll see a C taken early in the draft.
Probably Day 3 sometime.

Parham would be good fit I think but I don't know if he is there day 3.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well we knew that was coming (eventually). The door seems closed on Tretter, but if we bag Collins we've still greatly upgraded the line. Guard isn't off the table at 31 with the opening at LG.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Surprised but not really

What this 100% means is a move is coming. No way we hurt our C depth this much without a plan. Either a C is getting signed or Karras is officially the C and we are rolling with Trey Hill as backup and another lineman is getting signed soon
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Does this mean they're signing Collins ?

Starts partying

That's more like it.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Happy trails.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's more like it.  Cool

Yep

DancingDancingDancingDrunk
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really surprised at this move, thought they would try to restructure his contract. Have no depth at center now.

Why surprised?  Dude had 6 years to get his shit together.  Penetration came up the middle and RG all season long, got worse facing strong pass rushes in the playoffs.  It's long past time to fix the middle of the OL, and they need that money he was to be paid in order to do it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Undrafted free agent that got to start in a Super Bowl. Nothing to be ashamed of. Appreciate your time here and wish you luck.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why surprised?  Dude had 6 years to get his shit together.  Penetration came up the middle and RG all season long, got worse facing strong pass rushes in the playoffs.  It's long past time to fix the middle of the OL, and they need that money he was to be paid in order to do it.

Because having him as a stop-gap and back-up at Center and Guard is a better option then Trey Hill who looked like a total disaster when he was on the field?

I know he was just a rookie but he looked like he'd never played football at times out there. Just figured Hopkins on a much cheaper deal would have been a good depth piece in case of emergency.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This means Collins is signing.. I also called this a couple weeks ago. Hopkins wasn't worth the money and regressed...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Parham would be good fit I think but I don't know if he is there day 3.  

Personally, I like Cam Jurgens from Nebraska.
He, like Parham, was an undersized but uber-athletic OL who bulked up to above 300 by the Combine.
Difference is Jurgens has played C in college whereas Parham would be transitioning into that role from playing other spots on the OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:29 PM)Housh Wrote: Surprised but not really

What this 100% means is a move is coming. No way we hurt our C depth this much without a plan. Either a C is getting signed or Karras is officially the C and we are rolling with Trey Hill as backup and another lineman is getting signed soon

Homepage has been calling Karras the Center since he was signed.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Happy trails.
He spent too much time looking at the sky during the  Super Bowl. I’m sure ACL was a big factor in his poor performance. But obviously ZAC cuts nobody slack when it comes to Burrow’s health. 
Reply/Quote
Too early to give up on Trey Hill. I'd still draft another center though. I like Cole Strange.
Reply/Quote