Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hopkins to center
Sounds like the Bengals are working 2nd year UDFA OL Trey Hopkins in at center with the #2s. Rotating he and TJ Johnson.

If he can pick it up, that would be huge for our depth at center (non-existent) and he could push for a starting gig.

He's very talented and a good mover. Blocks well in space and has good size.

I thought he would have been the LG of the future if Boling didn't re-sign here.
Reply/Quote
We really need some depth at center.
Reply/Quote
Saw this yesterday, apparently had a low snap and Jaspere immediately came in.

Looks to me he's the current 7th Olineman.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 02:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Saw this yesterday, apparently had a low snap and Jaspere immediately came in.

Looks to me he's the current 7th Olineman.

First day at center. Bound to happen.
Bodine was wild snapping last year at this time (Hue mentioned it in an interview) and he's had one in the dirt too. 

I'm mostly excited they are willing to give him a chance. I really like Hopkins' game. With the addition of Ogbuehi and Fisher, we are clearly trying to get more athletic across the board. 
Hopkins has potential to be a very good OL. 
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Chris Jasperse latch on as the PS guy and have a full season in an NFL program.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 02:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: First day at center. Bound to happen.
Bodine was wild snapping last year at this time (Hue mentioned it in an interview) and he's had one in the dirt too. 

I'm mostly excited they are willing to give him a chance. I really like Hopkins' game. With the addition of Ogbuehi and Fisher, we are clearly trying to get more athletic across the board. 
Hopkins has potential to be a very good OL. 

They do seem more open to this stuff this year, makes sense to experiment in the opening days.

I won't be disappointed if he doesn't work at C and sticks to G, I'll just be pleased they tried him at a thin and weak position.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 03:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: They do seem more open to this stuff this year, makes sense to experiment in the opening days.

I won't be disappointed if he doesn't work at C and sticks to G, I'll just be pleased they tried him at a thin and weak position.

Goal should always be to find a way to put your best 5 on the field. 
Hopkins shows the versatility, he'll stick around for awhile. 
Reply/Quote
Glad to see that. Training camp is the place to see what guys are capable of, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good to hear, I'm not totally convinced Bodine has it.
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear he's getting work at center.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 07:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Good to hear, I'm not totally convinced Bodine has it.

I'm willing to give him another year but two things that have always bothered me about Bodine is how he grabs the ball and repositions it before most plays (how is that not a false start?) and how he does a big head shake (like he's shaking his head "no!") right before snapping. OTOH, it has worked so far so I guess it is no big deal as long as he gets better at passpro.

Reply/Quote