Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey wasn't offside
(12-19-2023, 06:40 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: If he isn't offsides it is incredibly close. Anyone calling this a ridiculous call is really showing their bias. This is from the All-22 and as frame perfect as I can get.

[Image: yUf5XHI.png]

The ball is still on the ground and he is definitely ahead of the other linemen. The NFL definition of offsides is as follows...

This looks like a good call to me but man is it so close. 

Oh yeah, it was really close, so cannot say it was a terrible call. I do wish we could challenge these type of penalties though.
Reply/Quote
Trey was slapped with a $21,855 fine for a late hit on Minshew.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/12/19/24007394/trey-hendrickson-fined-late-hit-colts-bengals?fbclid=IwAR2e1hLeQYVCSHDscPNCCQGsFuCJOHNFFpS5wK4VFi64ST9788-QRbD_q3E
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 04:39 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: a few thoughts:

In the youtube comments, you see people calling for reviews on stuff like this.  While in this case we likely agree, can you imagine how long a football game would be if every call that was questionable (or heck, non-call) got a review?  I'd only be able to drink my beer quota in the first quarter, lol.

Trey's jump on this was perfection, though.  As a viewer watching it on my 75" 4K tv, I absolutely thought he was offsides as it happened so fast.  It's wild to watch that video in slo-mo.  

A play like this is a perfect example of how big of a difference pass rush can make.  Minn's qb freaked out and threw that, guaranteed.

All penalties and close calls in the final two minutes should be an automatic booth review.  Fans would appreciate the refs getting it right and it would add to the integrity of the game.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote