Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treylon Burks
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Treylon-Burks-WR-Arkansas

Probably, and almost definitely, too much of a luxury pick to consider. But when some compare your body type to A.J. Brown and your versatility to Deebo Samuel... he has quite a ceiling. He's projected around 20th, with combine riser potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I understand it from a value standpoint but I just don’t see why they would pick a skill position guy within the first 3-4 rounds. They are loaded so there would not be enough touches to make this pick worth it.

Gotta be O line
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I understand it from a value standpoint but I just don’t see why they would pick a skill position guy within the first 3-4 rounds. They are loaded so there would not be enough touches to make this pick worth it.

Gotta be O line

Cornerback or O-line...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I understand it from a value standpoint but I just don’t see why they would pick a skill position guy within the first 3-4 rounds. They are loaded so there would not be enough touches to make this pick worth it.

Gotta be O line

OL, CB, possibly DL if they can't re-sign both Ogunjobi and Hill, possibly another LB, possibly a backup RB.
Safety becomes a big need if Bates leaves.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OL, CB, possibly DL if they can't re-sign both Ogunjobi and Hill, possibly another LB, possibly a backup RB.
Safety becomes a big need if Bates leaves.

Are there any great pass catching TE's in this Draft early?

I would list this as a possibility if there are.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are there any great pass catching TE's in this Draft early?

None the caliber of Kyle Pitts, but a few good ones.
Trey McBride (Colorado St) and Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M) are currently considered the top 2 TEs in the draft.
It's possible one of them gets selected in the late 1st. McBride had a monster season with 1125 yards, but he played in the MWC, so he'll need to show out at the Senior Bowl to reduce/remove doubts that he produced so much only because he was going against lesser competition.

I also like Charlie Kolar (Iowa St) as a mid-round guy, and Jake Ferguson (Wisconsin) as a Day 3 pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: None the caliber of Kyle Pitts, but a few good ones.
Trey McBride (Colorado St) and Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M) are currently considered the top 2 TEs in the draft.
It's possible one of them gets selected in the late 1st. McBride had a monster season with 1125 yards, but he played in the MWC, so he'll need to show out at the Senior Bowl to reduce/remove doubts that he produced so much only because he was going against lesser competition.

I also like Charlie Kolar (Iowa St) as a mid-round guy, and Jake Ferguson (Wisconsin) as a Day 3 pick.

Charlie Kolar could be an absolute steal. I don’t know why I ended up watching so many Iowa state games over the last two years but I feel like I ended up watching 4-5 a year randomly. He always jumps out to me. Would love to pick him up if he’s there in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are there any great pass catching TE's in this Draft early?

The kid from Colorado State is pretty good. McBride.  He is late first in McShay's latest board, but have mostly seen him 2nd.  

If we pick late teens or early 20's, I think we will just take the guy whom everyone thought was top 15 but slipped for some reason, as long as they are not a QB, WR, or NT.  

Now, late 20s or early 30s, and that caliber of guy is probably gone. Depending on how FA went, I could see reaching a bit for need later in the round (TE, S, LB, OL, whatever).  

I think we could sure use better backup WRs, or a KR/PR type. But I think that is a Day 3 pick. 
Reply/Quote
I have no problem taking a WR in round 3 or later. After Boyd, we really have nothing. The Steelers always seemed to draft a guy in the 3rd round or later and developed him into a stud. We won't always have an injury free season with our WRs like we did this year.
Reply/Quote