Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treyvone Williams Carted off
(08-02-2023, 12:16 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Good to hear! Kid was a beast at A&M. Love to see him get a chance to showcase his talent. 

I've always liked Williams since looking into him during the draft process.

He's a very sound, well-rounded RB.
He's not a blazer or overly agile, but he has solid speed and will make good runs if he gets decent blocking.
He can catch and is willing to block.

If he were to get more of the load, I don't think he'd be a liability, but I also don't think he'd be one of the top RBs either, which is fine.

Personally, I'm rooting for him and Chase Brown to get RB2/3 duties.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Evans get the boot in favor of an extra QB, WR, TE, or even OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 12:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I don't thank anyone was panicking. Hard to say how much value a perpetual PS guy will have this year.

Trayveon has been on the 53 for a while now. All last year, certainly. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 01:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Trayveon has been on the 53 for a while now. All last year, certainly. 

yeah he was just inactive for most of the games in the first half of the season.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 01:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Trayveon has been on the 53 for a while now. All last year, certainly. 

Shrug. Point still stands.

I feel for him because it's unfortunate that he's injured in what's probably going to be his best chance to show what he's got, but his value has yet to be seen
Reply/Quote
Enough! From now on, the only cart I want to see is the one Joe Thomas hates.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like it was pretty much what has been reported: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38127089/bengals-rb-trayveon-williams-mild-ankle-sprain-source-says

I hope he gets better soon and gets a chance to show what he can do. But I am personally all in on Chase Brown, can't wait to see him get on the field and shake things up a bit. I watched him play quite a bit in the Big 10 and it was a sight to see. He can really help us and I think we'll all be able to put Perine behind us pretty quickly.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 01:57 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Looks like it was pretty much what has been reported: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38127089/bengals-rb-trayveon-williams-mild-ankle-sprain-source-says

I hope he gets better soon and gets a chance to show what he can do. But I am personally all in on Chase Brown, can't wait to see him get on the field and shake things up a bit. I watched him play quite a bit in the Big 10 and it was a sight to see. He can really help us and I think we'll all be able to put Perine behind us pretty quickly.

Same here on Chase Brown, as long as ball security is not an issue, he fits this Offense perfectly and is willing in pass protection.

His speed, balance and vision are big upgrades at the RB position.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here on Chase Brown, as long as ball security is not an issue, he fits this Offense perfectly and is willing in pass protection.

His speed, balance and vision are big upgrades at the RB position.

he has a shot for sure to make the team as 3rd back, with Williams maybe missing a preseason game, will be nice to see more reps for Brown and Evans to see who makes it and who does not.. Evans is still in the mix for that 3rd back... 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 04:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: he has a shot for sure to make the team as 3rd back, with Williams maybe missing a preseason game, will be nice to see more reps for Brown and Evans to see who makes it and who does not.. Evans is still in the mix for that 3rd back... 

As we have all noticed with Chris Evans, something else has been going on we don't really know about in the past otherwise he would 
of received many more snaps. Missed assignments, bad practice habits, something like this has held him back. Chase Brown is a very 
smart RB and was a leader for Illinois. I think he is very polished, no way I see him not making the team. Unless he becomes a fumble
machine in the Preseason. His only question in my mind is ball security.

Mixon can help him here where Mixon is very secure with the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As we have all noticed with Chris Evans, something else has been going on we don't really know about in the past otherwise he would 
of received many more snaps. Missed assignments, bad practice habits, something like this has held him back. Chase Brown is a very 
smart RB and was a leader for Illinois. I think he is very polished, no way I see him not making the team. Unless he becomes a fumble
machine in the Preseason. His only question in my mind is ball security.

Mixon can help him here where Mixon is very secure with the ball.
We will see  nothing is a given a d ball security is a make or break as a bubble player , Evans last year as most 4th rbs don't get alot of reps otr always active  will see if competition for 3rd back e gages the talent he possesses especially catching the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 05:58 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Shrug. Point still stands.

I feel for him because it's unfortunate that he's injured in what's probably going to be his best chance to show what he's got, but his value has yet to be seen

From Locked on Bengals they claim he was our best pass protector RB so if that’s true he’s a lock for a roster spot. We are gonna need a guy to pass protect on 3rd down, and from what Iv heard Williams accepted the role.

At this point Chase Brown being solid in pass protection is looking like it’ll be more or a necessity than a luxury.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 06:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We will see  nothing is a given a d ball security is a make or break as a bubble player , Evans last year as most 4th rbs don't get alot of reps otr always active  will see if competition for 3rd back e gages the talent he possesses especially catching the ball.

I wish i could understand your posts, so that i would know if i agree or disagree with them. 

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 06:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We will see  nothing is a given a d ball security is a make or break as a bubble player , Evans last year as most 4th rbs don't get alot of reps otr always active  will see if competition for 3rd back e gages the talent he possesses especially catching the ball.

I guess I agree with your drunk posting Essex lol

(08-03-2023, 10:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wish i could understand your posts, so that i would know if i agree or disagree with them. 

Ninja

Yeah, hard to tell ha ha
Reply/Quote