Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried To Delete Post On NFL Saying Bengals Won AFC North. Didn't Know Coin Flip Added
(01-06-2023, 08:48 AM)kevin Wrote: OK, I tried to Delete the first post to delete the whole thing, but this site won't let me do that. I hit Delete to left and right, but it won't delete.

I did not know the NFL came up with this First Time Ever coin flip ruling. That NFL say Bengals are AFC North Champs, but getting a home play-off game may come down to a coin flip. So of course Bengals starters have to play Sunday due to this coin flip deal.

I tried to delete this entire thread. It will not delete.

Yes, Burrow has to play now. Can't let this ride on a coin flip.

Just start over with a thread about how we got screwed/hosed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
even if not the case we dont want them sitting 2 weeks let them play
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Problem is Bengals have the worst case scenario in this whole thing with the possibility of earning a 1st place division schedule without the perks of the a playoff home game. No other team has a scenario like this...

Did the NFL balance that worst case with a long shot scenario at the number 1 seed like we had before? No

Does the league throw in a kicker for the Bengals such as a neutral location for a Bills vs Bengals divisional round? No.

....so to Summarize. Bengals get the worst part of the deal without a reward and no kicker to make it even. That's not a contract I would sign because there is no upside for the risk.

Yeah like I started my post with, I think we got the worst end of this. I'm just saying it's not like only we lost out, other teams lost some fairly big opportunities themselves. 

It was impossible to reconcile this successfully in my opinion. Not saying this is the best scenario they could've come up with, but I think we get hosed the most, purely as we had the most still left to play for. We were probably always likely to lose a little more than the others. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:33 AM)kevin Wrote: The NFL made it official.  The Bills at Bengals game is a No Contest, and will not be restarted. The NFL schedule into play-offs makes that impossible.  So Bills are AFC East Champs.  Bengals are AFC North Champs.

Bengals can not move up to get top seed in AFC or bye week or home field advantage through play-offs.  

So the only smart thing for Bengals to do is not start Burrow against Ravens and risk injury to their franchise quarterback. Burrow will take enough hits in the play-offs, as we saw last year.  The Bengals were wise to not start Burrow against Browns in last game of last season, and should be wise again to not start Burrow against Ravens in last game this season.

Do not stop at not playing Burrow.  There are other Bengals stars who have missed games from injuries this season who should also be saved for the play-offs. The goal now is not this Ravens game, but to win the play-off game in The Jungle the next week.

I know some of you will want Burrow and everybody to play Sunday.  Certainly sports betters will.  However the outcome of this game means little, just as last years season ending Browns game.  By resting Burrow and others, The Bengals were healthy enough in play-offs to go to Super Bowl. So it makes perfect logic to do it again.  

The last thing the Bengals can have is Burrow injured against the Ravens and going into play-offs without Burrow, which would greatly reduce Bengals chances of winning the play-off game in Cincinnati the next weekend.

I would add others who have had injuries and to hold out are Chase, Higgins,  Hurst, Mixon, Hendrickson, Boyd.  Rest or bench as many of them as possible along with Burrow, but by all means save Burrow for The Play-Off game in The Jungle the next weekend.

Another "hot" Kevin take/thread that turns out to be a steaming turd.

Could you PLEASE triple check so you know that you know what the hell you're talking about before making threads? I just read your entire article and you had no F'ing clue on the subject matter.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Problem is Bengals have the worst case scenario in this whole thing with the possibility of earning a 1st place division schedule without the perks of the a playoff home game. No other team has a scenario like this...

Did the NFL balance that worst case with a long shot scenario at the number 1 seed like we had before? No

Does the league throw in a kicker for the Bengals such as a neutral location for a Bills vs Bengals divisional round? No.

....so to Summarize. Bengals get the worst part of the deal without a reward and no kicker to make it even. That's not a contract I would sign because there is no upside for the risk.

There's also no kicker for the Bengals to have a neutral site or a coin flip for a 2 versus 3 game if KC is 2 and Bengals are 3. That game is at Arrowhead. Despite the same 1/2 game difference that appears for a game with the Ravens, which does earn a coin-flip.
Reply/Quote