Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trim it down to 80
With reports being only 80 players in camp, who gets cut now? Last I read the Bengals weren’t at 90, something like 87.

“Shit! I’ve been cut already?” - Willie Mays Hayes

PUP Candidates:
Rodney Anderson
Ryan Glasgow
Markus Bailey
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2020, 12:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: With reports being only 80 players in camp, who gets cut now? Last I read the Bengals weren’t at 90, something like 87.

“Shit! I’ve been cut already?” - Willie Mays Hayes

PUP Candidates:
Rodney Anderson
Ryan Glasgow
Markus Bailey

The guys on Movin' the Chains had a great recommendation, and I hope that it becomes reality.

75-80 players in camp, BUT 90 guys on the TC roster.  Those bottom 10-15 get paid to stay in shape away from the facility, but are ready to come in to the next practice after a guy gets injured or goes into quarantine due to positive testing.  When the injured player is healthy enough to resume practice, or a player is able to return from quarantine, then someone is put back into this reserve group.  It does not have to be the same player who came from the reserve group originally, meaning guys who make the most of their shot at practice can impress the staff and earn the position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2020, 11:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The guys on Movin' the Chains had a great recommendation, and I hope that it becomes reality.

75-80 players in camp, BUT 90 guys on the TC roster.  Those bottom 10-15 get paid to stay in shape away from the facility, but are ready to come in to the next practice after a guy gets injured or goes into quarantine due to positive testing.  When the injured player is healthy enough to resume practice, or a player is able to return from quarantine, then someone is put back into this reserve group.  It does not have to be the same player who came from the reserve group originally, meaning guys who make the most of their shot at practice can impress the staff and earn the position.

While this makes sense on the surface, my fear would be one of the guys on "reserve" comes in and infects more guys.  I know complaining about the Rona is a bit like pissing in to the wind, but it is almost like the universe said:  "Sorry, Bengal fans.  I know you just got Joe Burrow, but I'm unleashing a global pandemic".  
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While this makes sense on the surface, my fear would be one of the guys on "reserve" comes in and infects more guys.  I know complaining about the Rona is a bit like pissing in to the wind, but it is almost like the universe said:  "Sorry, Bengal fans.  I know you just got Joe Burrow, but I'm unleashing a global pandemic".  

Players called up from the reserve squad get tested and retested within 5 days before going up, so the pre-symptomatic folks get appropriately screened.  The bigger risk will be training camp players exposed to the player that had to go home d/t a positive corona test.

And I like the idea of the reserve squad.

But personally I don't think keeping 10 fewer players really ameliorates the risk that much.  And the other side of that coin is that the NFLPA is undercutting their own players' chance to make a team, and the teams' opportunity to assess their UDFAs.

Wouldn't want them for my union.
Reply/Quote
They are looking at expanded PS, up to 16 players. Also, changing eligibility rules to allow more vets.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-may-alter-practice-squad-eligibility-rules/ar-BB16rUQe
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While this makes sense on the surface, my fear would be one of the guys on "reserve" comes in and infects more guys.  I know complaining about the Rona is a bit like pissing in to the wind, but it is almost like the universe said:  "Sorry, Bengal fans.  I know you just got Joe Burrow, but I'm unleashing a global pandemic".  

Did I jinx us when I said if we ever win a Super Bowl the world will end so we can not enjoy it? I said that about weed becoming legal in Ohio too and it is up for a vote in Nov. lol 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 03:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They are looking at expanded PS, up to 16 players. Also, changing eligibility rules to allow more vets.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-may-alter-practice-squad-eligibility-rules/ar-BB16rUQe

The issue will be other teams grabbing a good vet you are trying to stash. So many players need to be exempt from being taken by other teams like 3 to 5 players on each practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 08:03 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Did I jinx us when I said if we ever win a Super Bowl the world will end so we can not enjoy it? I said that about weed becoming legal in Ohio too and it is up for a vote in Nov. lol 
I thought it was me. Every year I tell a guy I work with on New years that this year has to be better than last and it cant get worse. Somehow ever year it does. Now we have an once in 100 year pandemic. What next year zombies eating my face and the plant getting hit my a meteor?
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 11:09 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I thought it was me. Every year I tell a guy I work with on New years that this year has to be better than last and it cant get worse. Somehow ever year it does. Now we have an once in 100 year pandemic. What next year zombies eating my face and the plant getting hit my a meteor?

I would welcome the zombies at this point.
Reply/Quote
This pandemic shit has changed the world forever unfortunately..
Reply/Quote
Thought this thread was about my anorexic ex-wife.
Reply/Quote