Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triplett supposedly retiring
In yet another supposedly retiring stories this season is one that should bring tears of joy to many except in Pittsburgh where the leagues worst referee crew chief is calling it quits (allegedly)  I say except for Pittsburgh because he's apparently on the team payroll, but that's another story for another day. 
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/referee-jeff-triplette-reportedly-retiring-after-questionable-performance-in-nfl-playoffs/

And my favorite conspiracy theory guy, Brian Touhey seems to agree Triplett kind of sucks.. From thefixisin.net: 
Quote:I think the only people to care about the Titans v. Chiefs game was the referees. Jeff Triplette, who is one of the worst rated officials in the NFL and was yet awarded a playoff game, is supposedly retiring after his performance in this game. I'm surprised the NFL would want him to go. His "bad" calls have done a lot of good for the league. And on Saturday, they certainly helped the Titans. Triplette's crew somehow ruled a sack-fumble a non-fumble because of "forward progress" and later prevented another Titans fumble on a two-point conversion with a quick whistle (which would've been returned by the Chiefs for two points and changed the game from 22-21 Titans to 23-22 Chiefs).

You know it's bad when you see this post-game:
Horrible way to start the playoffs. I hate to say it but this was not a good performance by the crew. Teams and fans deserve better.
— Mike Pereira (@MikePereira) January 7, 2018

Well let's all hope it's true, but rest assured that the league has a Triplett in waiting to take up the job of being the world's worst referee..
Sorry, misspelled his name multiple times, but let's face it..he really doesn't deserve to have his name spelled correctly anyway..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The non-fumble call was one of the worst I have witnessed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
That guy is/was straight trash. It was painful to watch games officiated by him. It really is amazing that he could stick around as long as he did. Perhaps Mike Brown is in charge of firing and replacing referees.
Reply/Quote
Alrighty then. More good news upon us. Keep it coming.

Reply/Quote