Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivia: Part Deux
Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff. (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy) This should be a little easier than last one.

**** DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO REPLIES IF YOU'D LIKE TO PLAY***

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice?

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals?

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro. Instead we traded down and drafted what player?

4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"?

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance?

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks)

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator?

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team?

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv?

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans.

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife?

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2?

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick?

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for?

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase)

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well?

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street? (He was only here for half a season)

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race. Who did he lose to?

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward?

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011)
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: ANSWER KEY

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice? BENJARVIS GREEN-ELLIS

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals? FALCONS

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player? KEVIN ZEITLER

4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"? JEROME SIMPSON

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance? THE SQUIRREL

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks) HUMAN JUGGS MACHINE

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator? LESLIE FRAZIER

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team? TAYLOR MAYS

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv? DHANI JONES

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans. KEEP DIGGING, BRING YOUR LUNCHPAIL, etc. (You tell me)

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife? KATHERINE WEBB

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2? JORDAN SHIPLEY

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick?  RON DUGGANS

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for? AUBURN

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase) BEND DON'T BREAK

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well? DELTHA O'NEAL

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season) LARRY JOHNSON

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to? NOT REALLY A WHO, BUT A WHAT... HE LOST TO A HORSE

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward? KEITH RIVERS

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011)  ARTRELL AND ANDREW HAWKINS
Reply/Quote
Number 3 is Zeitler not Steinbach
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 03:24 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Number 3 is Zeitler not Steinbach

You're right, I totally dropped the ball there.  It's corrected. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 03:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're right, I totally dropped the ball there.  It's corrected. :andy:

I skimmed through those, only saw a couple that i could pop right off the top of my head, read the answers, got embarrassed and left the room. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff.  (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy)  This should be a little easier than last one.

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice?:  BJGE

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals? Baltimore

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player? Zeitler

4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"?:  Jerome Simpson

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance? The Squirrel...I took my dad to the game at Detroit when the Bengals locked up the AFC North and he played more because Henry was suspended. 

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks) Human Jugs Gun

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator? Leslie Frazier

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team?  Taylor Mays

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv?  Dhani Jones, Around the Globe, or something like that...pretty cool show, actually.  

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans. Do your job...probably the most famous

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife? Kathy Webb, just as (Creepy) Musburger.  

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2? Jordan Shipley..the girls, they like the Shipley jerseys.  

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick? Ron Dugans...Think he caught Palmer's first TD

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for? Auburn

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase) Hmmm, seemed like he was always pleading "Don't give up the big play", only to get nickel and dimed all day.  

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well? Deltha O'Neal

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season) No idea

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to?  A horse?  But I thought he won

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward? Keith Rivers

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011) The Hawkins boys 

Probably did a lot better on this one...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff.  (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy)  This should be a little easier than last one.

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice? BenJarvis Green-Ellis

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals?  Buffalo

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player? Kevin Zeitler

4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"?  Dan Wilkinson.  Total guess.

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance?  The Squirrel

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "human jugs machine" (Fill in the two blanks)

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator?  Dick LeBeau.  Know that one's wrong.

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team?  Taylor Mays

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv?  Dhani Jones

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans.  Do Your Job

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife?  Miss Alabama

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2?  Jordan Shipley

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick?  Ron Dugans

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for?   Auburn

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase)  Bend but don't break?

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well?  Deltha O'Neal

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season)  Larry Johnson

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to?   Billy Bates outran a cheetah.  Half credit?

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward?  Keith Rivers

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011)  Akili and Steve Smith

15/20 Giving myself half credit for Miss Alabama and Billy Bates. I really should have got the last one.
Reply/Quote
Chad beat the horse
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff. (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy) This should be a little easier than last one.

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice?

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro. Instead we traded down and drafted what player?

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks)

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team?

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2?

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick?

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase)

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well?

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street? (He was only here for half a season)

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011)

1. BenJarvus Green Ellis
2. Redskins?
3. Dre Kirkpatrick
4. No idea
5. Squirrel dance
6. Pick six
7. No idea
8. Taylor Mays
9. Dhani Jones
10. Can’t remember any
11. No idea
12. Jordan Shipley
13. No idea
14.Auburn
15. Bend but don’t break
16. Not sure
17. Larry Johnson
18. A horse
19. Keith Rivers
20. Not sure.
Reply/Quote
1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice? BenJarvus Green-Ellis

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals? Don’t know.

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro. Instead we traded down and drafted what player? Kevin Zeitler

4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"? Not Joe Burrow

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance? No idea

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks) pick 6

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator? Chuck Bresnahan

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team? I’m stumped

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv? Dhani Jones (love that dude)

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans.”Do your job

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife? Katherine Webb

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2? Jordan Shipley

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick? [i]No idea[/b]

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for? Georgia?

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase) Prevent?

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well? Don’t know

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street? (He was only here for half a season) Larry Johnson

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race. Who did he lose to? a horse

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward? Kevin Huber

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011) Stumped again

You can certainly tell I started following the team during the Palmer/Chad era lol. The questions from before that were much harder for me.

Reply/Quote
Didn’t Kevin Huber also get his jaw broken against Pittsburgh? That one threw me.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t Kevin Huber also get his jaw broken against Pittsburgh? That one threw me.

Yes, but he was hit by a LB. Terence Gervin.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff. (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy) This should be a little easier than last one.

And off we go....

Benjarvis Green-Ellis

Didn't know that he did... Tennessee Titans/ Oilers?

Kevin Zeitler

I'm not sure...

The Squirrel

Human Jugs.... Lesser known fact is that was also Andre Smith's nickname.

Leslie Frazier

Taylor Mays?

Dhani Jones

Do Your Job

My leftovers... I dunno. It's katherine something

Jordan Shipley

Ron Dugans

Auburn

Don't know.

Deltha O'neal

Larry Johnson

Thoroughbred

Keith Rivers

Artrell and Andrew Hawkins

Nailed it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t Kevin Huber also get his jaw broken against Pittsburgh? That one threw me.

Yeah... And that one was even dirtier, and an egregious non penalty. Punters and kickers are considered defenseless throughout the play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

And off we go....

Morgan Stanley
Falcons
3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player?
Kevin Zeitler
Jerome Simpson
The Squirrel
Pick six
Chuck Bresnahan
Taylor Mays
Dhante Jones
Keep Pounding?
?
Shipley
Dugans?
Auburn
Prevent
Deltha O'Neill
17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season)
Larry Johnson?
18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to?
A Horse (can't remember it's name)
Rivers
The Hawkins brothers
My answers are in bold. That was fun. Thanks for posting.

Edit: 70% . I thought I'd do better. 
Reply/Quote

And off we go....

Benjarvus Green Ellis

Falcons

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player?
Zeitler

Jerome Simpson

The Squirrel Dance

Pick Six or is it Human Juggs (receivers practice machine)

Leslie Frazier

Reggie Nelson?

Dhani Jones

Shovel your own dirt?

Katherine Webb

Jordan Shipley

Ron Dugans

Auburn

Bend but don't break?

Deltha O'Neal 

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season)

Larry Johnson

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to?
A horse (don't know the name)

Keith Rivers

Artrell and Andrew Hawkins 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 03:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I skimmed through those, only saw a couple that i could pop right off the top of my head, read the answers, got embarrassed and left the room. 

Same. Especially embarrassing after I bitched about his last list having too much 90’s stuff ?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase)

I've seen a few answers here and they almost got it right. 
His defensive strategy was named The Bend and then Break Defense..."We let them move the ball between the 20s, then we let them score!"
Reply/Quote
Who caught the first TD pass from:

Jeff Blake

David Klingler

Akili Smith
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Who caught the first TD pass from:

Jeff Blake

David Klingler

Akili Smith

Touchdown Eddie Brown?