Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivia: Part Deux
(02-10-2021, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Touchdown Eddie Brown?

Jeff Blake = Darnay Scott

David Klingler = Rodney Holman

Akili Smith = Carl Pickens
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff.  (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy)  This should be a little easier than last one.

**** DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO REPLIES IF YOU'D LIKE TO PLAY***

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice?
BJGE

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals?

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player?
Kevin Zeitler
4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"?
Jerome Simpson?
5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance?

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks)
Pick Six? I remember people calling him pick six palmer
7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator?

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team?

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv?
Dhani Jones
10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans.

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife?
Katherine Webb
12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2?
Jordan Shipley 
13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick?

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for?

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase)
Bend dont break?
16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well?
Deltha O'Neal?
17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season)
Larry Johnson
18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to?
The Horse? That's the only race I can recall of his.
19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward?
Keith rivers
20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011) Hawkins, artell? and andrew

Answered what I could and some I think I had an idea of
looks like i did pretty well on the ones I knew. Had no clue about the palmer nickname
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice? Benjarvus Green-Ellis

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals? - Falcons

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player? - Kevin Zeitler

4.) Who had the "biggest hands in the draft"? - IDK

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance? - I honestly forgot the name of it

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks) - Human Jugs Machine

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator? - Leslie Frazier

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team? - Taylor Mays

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv? - Dhani Jones

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans. - We did good things

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife? - Mrs. McCarron

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2? - Jordan Shipley

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick? - Ron Dugans

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for? - IDK

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase) - Prevent (a win)

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well? - Deltha O'Neal

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season) - Larry Johnson

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to? - A horse

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward? Keith Rivers

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011) - IDK
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Klinger threw a Post Route pass to this wideout and he barfed in the end zone after 20-30 YAC, who was he?

I was there and I saw it.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff. (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy) This should be a little easier than last one.

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice?
BJGE
2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals?
Falcons
3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro. Instead we traded down and drafted what player?
Zeitler
Jerome
Simpson
5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance?
Squirrel
6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks)
Pick 6
7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator?
Chuck Bresnahan
8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team?
Frostee Rucker
9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv?
Dhani Jones
10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans.
Do Your Job
11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife?
Katherine Webb
12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2?

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick?
No idea
14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for?
No idea
15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase)
Prevent yourself from winning?
16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well?

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street? (He was only here for half a season)
Larry Johnson?
18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race. Who did he lose to?
Race horse

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward?
Rivers
20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011) No idea
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Same format as last time, and I'm going to put in some more 2000's stuff.  (Fwiw, the only reason I haven't done anything super recent is I feel like it's too easy)  This should be a little easier than last one.

And off we go....

1.) What former Bengals player has a name that sounds like somewhere you would reach out to for legal advice? Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

2.) What team did Reggie Kelly play for prior to coming to the Bengals? Falcons

3.) In 2012 everyone wanted us to draft David Decastro.  Instead we traded down and drafted what player? DreK/Zeitler

5.) What was the name of Kelly Washington's dance? The Squirrel

6.) Carson Palmer was often described as the "______ ____ machine" (Fill in the two blanks) Pick Six

7.) Who was Marvin Lewis' first defensive coordinator? Chuck Breshnahan or Leslie Frasier can't remember who was 1st

8.) What former 2nd round player from USC did we get in a trade after only playing 1 year for his original team? Taylor Mays

9.) What former Bengals player had his own travel show on tv? Dahani Jones

10.) Name at least one of Marvin's t-shirt slogans. Do Your Job

11.) What is the name of AJ McCarron's wife? Katheryn Webb

12.) What Texas Longhorn player did we draft in the 3rd round who had a nice start to his career, only to be derailed by injury in year 2? Jordan Shipley mofo's

13.) What fellow Florida State teammate did we draft and pair with Peter Warrick? Ron Dugans

14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for? Auburn

15.) What was the defensive strategy Bob Breshnahan most known for? (Hint: It's a phrase) Bend but don't break?

16.) What first round "bust" who was mainly a punt returner did the Broncos trade to us, who ended up playing incredibly well? Deltha O'Neal

17.) What running back, who had two 1,700+ yard 17+ TD season, did we sign off the street?  (He was only here for half a season) ?

18.) Chad Johnson famously lost a well publicized race.  Who did he lose to? the horse

19.) What Bengals player suffered a broken jaw after a dirty hit by Hines Ward? Keith Rivers derailing the chuck norris thread

20.) Name the two brothers that both played for the Bengals, not named Carson and Jordan. (Hint: One we drafted in '98, the other we signed in 2011) Not sure on the hint one but didn't we also have Robert and Kwame Geathers at one point
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 02:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 14.) What college did Rudi Johnson play for?

He only played at Auburn for one year.  Before that he was at some junior college.

His one season at Auburn he was SEC Player of the Year and finished in the top 10 in Heisman voting.  I thought it was the biggest steal of the draft when we got him in the 4th round.
Reply/Quote