Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivia Question
Billy Price was my favorite pick, but my favorite player we picked up wasn't one we drafted, but a guy we signed as a UDFA out of Arkansas State – Ja'Von Rolland-Jones.

For you old timers out there, you'll probably remember one of the greatest Bengals of all time also played at Arkansas State. Who can name him?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes he was a great player. Shame he didnt play here longer
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yes he was a great player.  Shame he didnt play here longer

That was when $$$ began taking over the game. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:12 PM)Shady Wrote: Billy Price was my favorite pick, but my favorite player we picked up  wasn't one we drafted, but a guy we signed as a UDFA out of Arkansas State – Ja'Von Rolland-Jones.

For you old timers out there, you'll probably remember one of the greatest Bengals of all time also played at Arkansas State. Who can name him?

I have no idea ,I'm guessing krumrie
Reply/Quote
Ol BB, Bill Bergey? 

Ok, I'm a schmuck because I cheated and looked it up.   Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ol BB, Bill Bergey? 

Ding Ding Ding. And we have a winner!! 

Roland-Jones ought to be another good pass rusher to get into the rotation. With Hubbard, Andrew Brown, and Roland Jones, I think our Dline should be much better. 
Reply/Quote
Geez. Just looked at his Wiki bio. As a senior playing at Arkansas State, Bill Bergey AVERAGED 19.6 tackles per game.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Geez.  Just looked at his Wiki bio.  As a senior playing at Arkansas State, Bill Bergey AVERAGED 19.6 tackles per game.

That's INSANE!! I remember being ticked off when he signed the WFL contract. Paul Brown must have been ticked off too. He traded him to Philly for some pretty high draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Geez.  Just looked at his Wiki bio.  As a senior playing at Arkansas State, Bill Bergey AVERAGED 19.6 tackles per game.

Before tackles were an official stat he was credited with over 200 in one 14 game NFL season.

In the mid 70's there was no free agency, so draft picks were even more valuable than they are today.  The Eagles still gave us two first round picks plus a second rounder for Bergey. 

For a while he was the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Bergey was a freakin' stud.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:49 PM)Shady Wrote: Ding Ding Ding. And we have a winner!! 

Roland-Jones ought to be another good pass rusher to get into the rotation. With Hubbard, Andrew Brown, and Roland Jones, I think our Dline should be much better. 

WooooWoooo! I WIN!  I WIN!  
I'm really hoping for an all expense paid trip to the bathroom.  I've been holding it too long .  Sick
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: WooooWoooo! I WIN!  I WIN!  
I'm really hoping for an all expense paid trip to the bathroom.  I've been holding it too long .  Sick

please allow 7-14 business days for your bathroom pass to arrive...  (so you gotta hold it a little longer)
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:39 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I have no idea ,I'm guessing krumrie

Wisconsin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote