Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troll of the Year Award....
I'd name whoever did this the winner but feel free to add more scenarios...

First off.. Im glad these ladies are okay... but really..

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/07/muskegon_river_tubing_trip_tur.html

Quote:"They were informed by somebody at the bridge that the river goes in a circle and if they put in there they would come back to their car," he said. "Not knowing anything, they set off on their little adventure."
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 10:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'd name whoever did this the winner but feel free to add more scenarios...

First off.. Im glad these ladies are okay... but really..

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/07/muskegon_river_tubing_trip_tur.html

Good. God.  How stupid are people?  A river in a circle?  Sweetheart, that would be a MOAT!  .......and then going to the ER for THAT?  No wonder our healthcare is through the roof, sheesh!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: Really?  I'd say it is WAY more criminal to be dumb enough to believe a river goes in a circle!  These are things you learn in VERY early geography LMAO

lazy rivers are ruining lives
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lazy rivers are ruining lives

Ha!  Forgot about those.... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: Really?  I'd say it is WAY more criminal to be dumb enough to believe a river goes in a circle!  These are things you learn in VERY early geography LMAO

LOL, I agree they were gullible.

I just wonder if there are any, or how many, instances where people went to jail for purposefully misguiding people and an injury or getting lost or something happened as a result.

It's one thing to accidentally give bad advice, but it's another to purposefully endanger someone. Like if someone asks if it's safe to cross the street and you say yes only... you knew there was a car coming and thought it would be funny to watch them get hit by a car. I'm guessing that because there's an intent to deceive and cause harm there could be a problem. If not illegally, then perhaps in civil court?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:29 AM)PDub80 Wrote: LOL, I agree they were gullible.

I just wonder if there are any, or how many, instances where people went to jail for purposefully misguiding people and an injury or getting lost or something happened as a result.

It's one thing to accidentally give bad advice, but it's another to purposefully endanger someone. Like if someone asks if it's safe to cross the street and you say yes only... you knew there was a car coming and thought it would be funny to watch them get hit by a car. I'm guessing that because there's an intent to deceive and cause harm there could be a problem. If not illegally, then perhaps in civil court?

I would use the argument....   COME on MAN   no way they thought that was true... If anyone is a criminal here its the education system...  lol
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:26 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ha!  Forgot about those.... ThumbsUp
It's a Small World After All....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would use the argument....   COME on MAN   no way they thought that was true... If anyone is a criminal here its the education system...  lol

It may not be the education system,sometimes students just don't absorb teachings despite having competent instruction.
This group was ill prepared, no cell phone, no provisions,didnot tell anyone where they were going or when to expect them back.They werenot familiar with the area being tubed.
The process of natural selection almost worked.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:29 AM)PDub80 Wrote: LOL, I agree they were gullible.

That's a bit different of a scenario, but I see your point.  That said, I'm guessing the local was being a bit facetious, and perhaps didn't think anyone was foolish enough to actually believe that......then again, ya never know.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 07:54 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: It may not be the education system,sometimes students just don't absorb teachings despite having competent instruction.
This group was ill prepared, no cell phone, no provisions,didnot tell anyone where they were going or when to expect them back.They werenot familiar with the area being tubed.
The process of natural selection almost worked.

Yup.......

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a bit different of a scenario, but I see your point.  That said, I'm guessing the local was being a bit facetious, and perhaps didn't think anyone was foolish enough to actually believe that......then again, ya never know.

if its not clear and full of chlorine(and in a water park) the river does not run in a circle.
Reply/Quote