Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troy Hill promoted, Lewis-Harris waived
Team will look to bring back Clew when/if he clears waivers next week

Hill assumes the duty of aiding the shutdown of the dangerous Austin Davis.
Reply/Quote
ha
Reply/Quote
They might 'unleash' Pryor on him, oh woe is me.
Reply/Quote
I thought I remembered Hill having a good preseason...or something. Anyone know?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 05:23 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I thought I remembered Hill having a good preseason...or something. Anyone know?

Sure did. He was one of the brightest young guys in the preseason.  I think he probably would have made the roster for week one if we weren't so deep at corner.  It was just preseason though...we'll see how he does in regular season action.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's got to be flying high right now. Does he have any NFL snaps?

Edit: No stats on NFL.com
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Y'all keep bashing Austin Davis and Karma is going to bite you right in the ass.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 07:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Y'all keep bashing Austin Davis and Karma is going to bite you right in the ass.

right, forgot he was a great qb
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 07:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Y'all keep bashing Austin Davis and Karma is going to bite you right in the ass.

(12-05-2015, 07:56 PM)Stormborn Wrote: right, forgot he was a great qb

From a logical standpoint, yes, we probably have nothing to worry about.  Yet, as a superstitious Bengal fan, anytime someone throws a nobody out there against us, someone we should intercept/sack multiple times and toss around like a rag-doll, yeah, I get a little concerned.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 09:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: From a logical standpoint, yes, we probably have nothing to worry about.  Yet, as a superstitious Bengal fan, anytime someone throws a nobody out there against us, someone we should intercept/sack multiple times and toss around like a rag-doll, yeah, I get a little concerned.

I'm done hearing this. Scrubs having good games against us is nothing more than coincidences and the opposing teams taking advantage of defensive weaknesses.

It's Austin Davis throwing to Brian Hartline and Travis Benjamin. It's the Browns. 
Reply/Quote

Its not the great ones we have trouble with… Its the Hoyers, the Yates', and the Davis' that seem to get us.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 09:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I'm done hearing this. Scrubs having good games against us is nothing more than coincidences and the opposing teams taking advantage of defensive weaknesses.

It's Austin Davis throwing to Brian Hartline and Travis Benjamin. It's the Browns. 

Agreed, we tend to allow 'nobodies' run all over us.

I'll be nervous until we have a 2 TD lead. Otherwise, we might be in some deep sh_____

Reply/Quote

Meybe you forgot how great the Browns QBs were that beat us each of the last three years?

Last year Davis put up a 98 passer rating in 4 of his 8 starts.  He passed for 300+ yards and 3 tds against both the Cowboys and Eagles.
Reply/Quote
I'm with Storm on this. Y'all be trippin'.
Reply/Quote
I got two words for ya... Geno Atkins.... Not worried about Austin.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Meybe you forgot how great the Browns QBs were that beat us each of the last three years?

Last year Davis put up a 98 passer rating in 4 of his 8 starts.  He passed for 300+ yards and 3 tds against both the Cowboys and Eagles.

Exactly right, and with us going in with a somewhat depleted secondary. Davis has a chance to move up in the QB positions to actually become the Brown's starter, and don't think he doesn't know it. I mean, it's not like he has a lot of talent in front of him.
Reply/Quote
According to the Bengals website, Lewis-Harris will be re-signed if he clears waivers. Considering he is dinged up, that shouldn't be a problem. However I wouldn't be surprised to see Shitsburgh scoop him up for recon purposes. Actually, he might be a step up for them.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Hill on your first game in Stripes hopefully you have many more.
Reply/Quote
CLEW to practice squad? Crazy he's still eligible. Hill either played well or..... Not sure how to take that. But CLEW has been around (and active) a long time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 02:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: CLEW to practice squad? Crazy he's still eligible. Hill either played well or..... Not sure how to take that. But CLEW has been around (and active) a long time.

i believe they expanded the PS to allow for one Veteran type player... (extended eligibility)

Each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of 2 Practice Squad players who have earned no more than 2 accrued seasons of free agency credit;

up to 10 players ^^^

You earn one year of Free Agency credit if you are on an active roster for 6 games in 1 season i believe. (you dont have to be active just on the 53)
Reply/Quote