Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truckers threatening to block Super Bowl
The news is reporting that protesting truckers are now threatening to block the Super Bowl. I hope the game and Bengals are ok. This is getting ridiculous.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The news is reporting that protesting truckers are now threatening to block the Super Bowl. I hope the game and Bengals are ok. This is getting ridiculous.

As in Puck Slapping Maple Sucker Canadian Truckers?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The news is reporting that protesting truckers are now threatening to block the Super Bowl. I hope the game and Bengals are ok. This is getting ridiculous.

Those truckers are probably Steeler fans and doing everything they can to stop what is inevitable... there's a new sheriff in town and your 18 wheelers aren't stopping number 9!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:42 PM)bengals73 Wrote: As in Puck Slapping Maple Sucker Canadian Truckers?

I think it is American truckers gathering in California.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think it is American truckers gathering in California.

Canadian.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:02 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Canadian.

Can you imagine buying a $6000 ticket to the Super Bowl and some truckers decide to block the road? Somebody would get shot.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:06 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Can you imagine buying a $6000 ticket to the Super Bowl and some truckers decide to block the road? Somebody would get shot.

That's why it isn't American. Can you imagine 30000+ rabid fans who have waited 30 years for this moment only to be denied? I don't think so...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:45 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think it is American truckers gathering in California.

I doubt it. Every other year they plan a mass strike but never follow through. Best they've done is get some trucks circling the bypass of Indy a few years ago and some bobtails to DC but that's really it. Trust me, I've been in the trucking business for years. It's a different breed behind the wheel then 30-40yrs ago. I could say much more, but this isn't P&R.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:06 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Can you imagine buying a $6000 ticket to the Super Bowl and some truckers decide to block the road? Somebody would get shot.

It’s LA - somebody is getting shot regardless of what the truck drivers do.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I doubt it. Every other year they plan a mass strike but never follow through. Best they've done is get some trucks circling the bypass of Indy a few years ago and some bobtails to DC but that's really it. Trust me, I've been in the trucking business for years. It's a different breed behind the wheel then 30-40yrs ago. I could say much more, but this isn't P&R.

Some people here clearly need a reminder about that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
How far out are they planning on trying to block it? I think people would just get out and walk the remainder of the way if it's not too far.

Or the cops will direct people to drive around them or even make small roads to loop around them.

Or the cops will arrest them and get someone to drive the truck out of the way (don't know if that's legal).

I think this will end up as a fail and the truckers will just look like assholes.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How far out are they planning on trying to block it? I think people would just get out and walk the remainder of the way if it's not too far.  

Or the cops will direct people to drive around them or even make small roads to loop around them.

Or the cops will arrest them and get someone to drive the truck out of the way (don't know if that's legal).

I think this will end up as a fail and the truckers will just look like assholes.

It isn't smart on this day that is for damn sure...
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Watch yo mouth Johnny... Mellow

lol…ok dad.

Now can you guys keep these dumb **** opinions in P&R?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: Young_Link.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just cause you like mandates and masks or buy the BS I presume...

It is about the game and I don't like the thought of the truckers threatening to block the Superbowl nor saying
the Lord's name in vain.

When people post opinions this stupid, I will make fun of it 100% of the time, occasionally peppered with various lord’s name’s used in various vain ways.

“Bringing attention to the pain and suffering caused by vaccines and mandates can’t”

Hopefully this thread gets moved to P&R where it belongs.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: When people post opinions this stupid, I will make fun of it 100% of the time, occasionally peppered with various lord’s name’s used in various vain ways.

“Bringing attention to the pain and suffering caused by vaccines and mandates can’t”

Hopefully this thread gets moved to P&R where it belongs.

I could say your opinion is stupid too but I won't...
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could say your opinion is stupid too but I won't...

You already did, doop.

No worries, it’s not a big deal. Now I’m dropping this because it doesn’t belong here. There is a forum about 10 clicks down where people can debate their stupid opinions….whether they’re my stupid opinions or yours.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
This thread is being moved to P&R so the staff doesn't have to spend time deleting every other post.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I'm in support of the truckers on the issue, but hope they choose another venue to block. Or perhaps someone could paint Bengals stripes on the trucks so they can't block anyone...
Reply/Quote
I just hope they can get the TV crew and everybody they need to play. Wait, no I don't, I want the crowd too. Anyway, this is an attempt to right the train lads.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote