Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truckers threatening to block Super Bowl
(02-10-2022, 08:02 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Canadian.

370 of our truckers did this stupid protesting bullshit in our country; I can assure you, NONE of them are Canadian in the States (we have something like over 500,000 truckers in Canada).

I guess the ones in Australia and New Zealand are Canadian too? How about France?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, and that he had to create his own ophthalmology board to become certified. That one's my favorite.

It only takes a few clicks to find out that that's not entirely true. He was a member of the recognized American Board of Ophthalmology before letting it lapse in favor of the unrecognized National Board of Ophthalmology that he did create and lead. 

The reason for his creation of the NBO back in the 90s was because of a disagreement with a new policy of the ABO that exempted older doctors from being recertified every 10 years. 

"I thought this was hypocritical and unjust for the older ophthalmologists to exempt themselves from the recertification exam," he writes. "... Is it fair that the ophthalmologist down the street can claim board certification, without renewing it, but that a younger ophthalmologist, who passed the same boards, is disallowed?"

Seems like a legitimate gripe. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-pauls-addresses-ophthalmology-certification-questions/
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 08:31 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It only takes a few clicks to find out that that's not entirely true. He was a member of the recognized American Board of Ophthalmology before letting it lapse in favor of the unrecognized National Board of Ophthalmology that he did create and lead. 

The reason for his creation of the NBO back in the 90s was because of a disagreement with a new policy of the ABO that exempted older doctors from being recertified every 10 years. 

"I thought this was hypocritical and unjust for the older ophthalmologists to exempt themselves from the recertification exam," he writes. "... Is it fair that the ophthalmologist down the street can claim board certification, without renewing it, but that a younger ophthalmologist, who passed the same boards, is disallowed?"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-pauls-addresses-ophthalmology-certification-questions/

Rand Paul isn’t always my favorite senator but as an ophthalmologist I’m a big fan. Dr. Paul performs eye surgery in Haiti and Guatemala every year for free. He donates his time, talent, and treasure.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 370 of our truckers did this stupid protesting bullshit in our country; I can assure you, NONE of them are Canadian in the States (we have something like over 500,000 truckers in Canada).

I guess the ones in Australia and New Zealand are Canadian too? How about France?

I read something funny this morning.  To paraphrase:

The Canadian Women's Hockey team crushed Russia 6-1 while wearing masks the entire game.  I guess Canadian truckers aren't as tough Canadian women.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 08:31 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It only takes a few clicks to find out that that's not entirely true. He was a member of the recognized American Board of Ophthalmology before letting it lapse in favor of the unrecognized National Board of Ophthalmology that he did create and lead. 

Indeed I've been taken to task for saying the same about him.

However it was not quite as legitimate as it seems.  The idea being that it was equally unfair to make doctors who had lifetime approval to suddenly have to renew every ten years and that as the older doctors retired everyone WOULD be under the same rules.

Paul formed a board with his wife and father in law.  Approved himself and then the board never met again.

He may do good deeds occasionally but he is childish as the current thread shows.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed I've been taken to task for saying the same about him.

However it was not quite as legitimate as it seems.  The idea being that it was equally unfair to make doctors who had lifetime approval to suddenly have to renew every ten years and that as the older doctors retired everyone WOULD be under the same rules.

Paul formed a board with his wife and father in law.  Approved himself and then the board never met again.

He may do good deeds occasionally but he is childish as the current thread shows.

Yes it would be unfair to those who've been practicing long before 1992. But what about the more recent grads from the late 80s/early 90s? The answer was obviously some sort of phase in process rather than a drop dead cut-off date. But that's not what the policy was, so yes it was a legitimate concern. 

Regardless, that really wasn't the point. Point being is that the post that I was quoting was outright saying that Paul couldn't become a board certified physician, and that creating his own board was done specifically for the purpose of becoming one. That's simply not true. The creation of the board was due to a legitimate concern of an ABO policy. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Those truckers are probably Steeler fans and doing everything they can to stop what is inevitable... there's a new sheriff in town and your 18 wheelers aren't stopping number 9!

LOL, I'm a Steeler fan, but I'm actually rooting for the Bengals in this superbowl.

Let the team that has never won one finally win one. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: Young_Link.png]

Yow, can we welcome Bfine back? Or is this just because the thread was moved?
Reply/Quote
Has the Super Bowl been blocked by trucks, yet?
Reply/Quote
If you count the legal points, the Bengals won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
The "Freedom Convoy" reached DC over the weekend.

Their convoy got broken up by regular traffic, several trucks broke down today and their camp got rained on heavily.

Otherwise they are really making a point about...something.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: The "Freedom Convoy" reached DC over the weekend.

Their convoy got broken up by regular traffic, several trucks broke down today and their camp got rained on heavily.

Otherwise they are really making a point about...something.

wtf

and all of a sudden. fox news made sense to me

BTW. I think I saw that today multiple GOP senators made sure to speak with the people they invited in to disrupt our supply chain and our daily lives. Wondering how that went? They have been fantasizing about the truckers coming for awhile now.
Reply/Quote
Snowflakes?

[Image: 275487775_3109048929363066_8138010378097...e=6231E6D9]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Snowflakes?

[Image: 275487775_3109048929363066_8138010378097...e=6231E6D9]

Convoy Karen’s is the preferred term I believe. Either way Ted Cruz fits like a glove
Reply/Quote