Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumaine Johnson & Xaiver Rhodes
Both of these guys are available and since they were released I don't believe they will effect possible comp picks in 2021 if the Bengals get any...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 09:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Both of these guys are available and since they were released I don't believe they will effect possible comp picks in 2021 if the Bengals get any...

Wow, blows my mind.

I think Rhodes just had an injury ridden year, just didn't seem right on the Vikes last year.

Would like to cut ties with Dre and bring in either player honestly.
Reply/Quote
I would like to bring in Trumaine Johnson of the 2, he has a knack for getting to the ball better and it provides a cheaper option than Rhodes. He would be a nice guy to have in the secondary as a backup to Phillips if it don't work out, and it allows us to cut Kirkpatrick and probably save a few bucks of cap room to address elsewhere.

2020 secondary would be: WJ111, Phillips, Johnson, Webb, Brown, draft pick

I think we are actually better, Dennard/Kirkpatrick are nothing great and their $$$ should be spent better elsewhere and would like to get a young CB before rd 5 to fortify the unit going forward.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, blows my mind.

I think Rhodes just had an injury ridden year, just didn't seem right on the Vikes last year.

Would like to cut ties with Dre and bring in either player honestly.

It has actually been a couple of years, according to the guys on Press Coverage yesterday.  They pointed out he had an ankle injury a few years ago and has since had no recovery speed if a receiver gets some space on him.  I don't recall the actual numbers, but he has a rediculously high catch to target percentage.  To the point that the commenters stated that if every QB knew that stat, the prudent play would to target him as the matchup, regardless of what the coverage dictated.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 10:22 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would like to bring in Trumaine Johnson of the 2, he has a knack for getting to the ball better and it provides a cheaper option than Rhodes. He would be a nice guy to have in the secondary as a backup to Phillips if it don't work out, and it allows us to cut Kirkpatrick and probably save a few bucks of cap room to address elsewhere.

2020 secondary would be: WJ111, Phillips, Johnson, Webb, Brown, draft pick

I think we are actually better, Dennard/Kirkpatrick are nothing great and their $$$ should be spent better elsewhere and would like to get a young CB before rd 5 to fortify the unit going forward.

Agree for the most part but Dennard was the top Slot corner in the league last season. Means great.

Bring Dennard back is my vote and Trumaine, cut Kirkpatrick.

(03-15-2020, 12:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It has actually been a couple of years, according to the guys on Press Coverage yesterday.  They pointed out he had an ankle injury a few years ago and has since had no recovery speed if a receiver gets some space on him.  I don't recall the actual numbers, but he has a rediculously high catch to target percentage.  To the point that the commenters stated that if every QB knew that stat, the prudent play would to target him as the matchup, regardless of what the coverage dictated.

Thanks JFK, will pass on Rhodes then. Trumaine be the guy I want out of the two after hearing this.
Reply/Quote
Bring whichever plays boundary corner better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Desmond Trufant as well
https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/atlanta-falcons-to-release-desmond-trufant/
Reply/Quote
If Zimmer couldn't "fix" him.....

Trufant is overrated, but he has ties to our coaches.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote