Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump
(Probably could have gone in the "What to expect in the first 100 days thread too.)

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/01/trumps-press-secretary-begs-american-people-stop-mocking-donald-trump.html

Quote:Trump’s press secretary Sean Spicer went on national television to complain that the American people are mocking Donald Trump and called on every American to support the president-elect instead of mocking him.

Video of Trump press secretary Sean Spicer on ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos:

Spicer was talking about Trump trying to take credit for jobs that were already announced when he claimed that the American people are mocking and undermining the president-elect:

Quote:
So the idea is everyone wants to talk about the tweets he sent. But I would actually focus on the action he’s getting. Donald Trump is not president yet and he’s getting action, successes and wins, both abroad and here at home.
Everything he does right now, he gets — he speaks for the head of Sprint, gets 5,000 jobs moved from abroad. And everyone starts to mock him. Oh, those jobs were already announced. They weren’t. The sales jobs have been a previous announce. These jobs were coming from abroad to America.

And instead of trying to mock him or undermine him, it’s time that people started to give him credit for actually getting things done.

Trump is mocked because he isn’t getting anything done. The president-elect is taking credit for things that already happened, or the accomplishments of others. For example, Trump took credit for the good economic numbers in November despite the fact that the growing economy has nothing to do with him because he is not yet the president. Trump took credit for the horrible Carrier deal that Mike Pence negotiated, and Trump is trying to pass off the Sprint job announcement, which he had nothing to do with, as an accomplishment.”

President-elect Donald Trump’s Press Secretary was practically begging America to stop making fun of the incoming president. Trump isn’t going to find much popular support for his presidency because the majority of voters did not support him.
If Trump continues to act like a narcissistic and petty reality television star instead of a president, he is going to mocked.

One can only imagine the howls of laughter from Republicans if Obama’s press secretary would have gone on national television and complained about the American people making fun of him.

Trump isn’t even in office yet, but his team is demanding credit for things that they have not done, which is exactly why the American people will continue to mock the president-elect.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Guess I missed the begging part
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Quote:And instead of trying to mock him or undermine him, it’s time that people started to give him credit for actually getting things done
ok. I give him credit for encouraging a healthy relationship with a foreign enemy of our allies, for having a business only successful because of a horrible tax code and for being woefully ignorant and dishonest.
I guess this is what we've got to look forward to. 4-8 years of "hey, things aren't as bad as everybody says." I'll be happy when we get a president with a backbone.
(01-01-2017, 05:27 PM)Benton Wrote: ok. I give him credit for encouraging a healthy relationship with a foreign enemy of our allies, for having a business only successful because of a horrible tax code and for being woefully ignorant and dishonest.
I guess this is what we've got to look forward to. 4-8 years of "hey, things aren't as bad as everybody says." I'll be happy when we get a president with a backbone.

Just like the debates.  My feed was filled with "He didn't do as bad as I expected" and "he wasn't a  complete moron" versus calling him out for how bad he was when set the bar at  "running for POTUS".
(01-01-2017, 02:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess I missed the begging part

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump’s Press Secretary was practically begging America to stop making fun of the incoming president

[Image: Housewarming.PNG]

Now want to discuss the article or just be super specific of the title so you can ignore/trash it?
(01-01-2017, 05:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Now want to discuss the article or just be super specific of the title so you can ignore/trash it?

Oh. I went by the dude's actual words and not the commentary by the fine, unbiased folks at Politicus USA, As to dude's word's: Of course I would like to see a butt-hurt portion of America quit trying to mock everything the President elect says or does. But we have fplks like you and the fine folk from Politicus USA to ensure that does not happen. 

(01-01-2017, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh. I went by the dude's actual words and not the commentary by the fine, unbiased folks at Politicus USA, As to dude's word's: Of course I would like to see a butt-hurt portion of America quit trying to mock everything the President elect says or does. But we have fplks like you and the fine folk from Politicus USA to ensure that does not happen. 

What about what he 'did' or, 'has done'?  Should those conversations stop as well?
(01-01-2017, 09:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What about what he 'did' or, 'has done'?  Should those conversations stop as well?

I suppose if it is something new it would be news; however, something that has been fully vetted could be dropped.

(01-01-2017, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh. I went by the dude's actual words and not the commentary by the fine, unbiased folks at Politicus USA, As to dude's word's: Of course I would like to see a butt-hurt portion of America quit trying to mock everything the President elect says or does. But we have fplks like you and the fine folk from Politicus USA to ensure that does not happen. 

Sure, right after I see his birth certificate. The long form. 
(01-01-2017, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose if it is something new it would be news; however, something that has been fully vetted could be dropped.

Like how Brownie was doing a hell of a job.

...Nothing to see here folks. Please look elsewhere while the hairless dropout creeper does the president things. Lol.
I just watched Mr. Spicer lie outright on national television, so my respect for anything he has to say is rather low. Sad part was that he wasn't challenged on it by the folks on Today. Letting an administration get away with lying is how we end up with an uninformed public.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-02-2017, 09:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just watched Mr. Spicer lie outright on national television, so my respect for anything he has to say is rather low. Sad part was that he wasn't challenged on it by the folks on Today. Letting an administration get away with lying is how we end up with an uninformed public.

I believe that lying will be the norm.  Followed by denial.

Then the right will say "If you like your doctor you can keep them" as an excuse for the lying and ignore that they are lied too.

Anyone calling out the lies will be labeled as haters and told they should respect the President.

lather/rinse/repeat
(01-01-2017, 05:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I guess this is what we've got to look forward to. 4-8 years of "hey, things aren't as bad as everybody says." I'll be happy when we get a president with a backbone.

So more of the same from the past 8 years then?
--------------------------------------------------------

(01-02-2017, 01:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Anyone calling out the lies will be labeled as haters and told they should respect the President.

lather/rinse/repeat

Change "haters" to "racist" and it will be JUST LIKE the last 8 years then.

(01-02-2017, 01:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Change "haters" to "racist" and it will be JUST LIKE the last 8 years then.

Had an interesting exchange on Facebook over the 24 hours about racism.

Someone called the first lady a "screaming ape" and said he means nothing racist by it.

Long story short I couldn't get an old friend, who I know is not racist, to simply say that racism is bad no matter who they vote for,  

Racism is real.  Racist exist.  And much of the hate shown toward the Obama's was due to their race.

Not all.

Maybe not you.

But it happened.

And simply saying "I'm not racist" doesn't change that one bit.

Rock On
(01-02-2017, 01:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: And much of the hate shown toward the Obama's was due to their race.

I think that's a gross exaggeration.  Most of it was because he's a Democrat and a liberal.  I guess it took 8 years of his policies for many people to realize they are actually racist.

My take would be a lot more criticism was deflected and dismissed as being racist rather than actual racists being critics.  I wouldn't point to some Klan member trolling Facebook as representative.

Obviously racism exists. But "much of the hate" rings a bit hollow for a guy who, personally, remains very popular and likeable with Dems and Repubs alike.

(01-02-2017, 01:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I think that's a gross exaggeration.  Most of it was because he's a Democrat and a liberal.  I guess it took 8 years of his policies for many people to realize they are actually racist.

My take would be a lot more criticism was deflected and dismissed as being racist rather than actual racists being critics.  I wouldn't point to some Klan member trolling Facebook as representative.

Obviously racism exists. But "much of the hate" rings a bit hollow for a guy who, personally, remains very popular and likeable with Dems and Repubs alike.

I said "much"...you said "most".  I'll eave it as "some".

Yet, it exists.
(01-02-2017, 02:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I said "much"...you said "most".  I'll eave it as "some".

Yet, it exists.

Of course it does, just like haters exist.
(01-02-2017, 01:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I think that's a gross exaggeration.  Most of it was because he's a Democrat and a liberal.  I guess it took 8 years of his policies for many people to realize they are actually racist.

Where have you been? The majority of people don't care about policies they care about how big your presidents marbles are. If anybody cared about policies they would be interested in Trumps tax returns and be more bothered by his lack of detail throughout this last election cycle.

It's all about showmanship. Why else would people elect a reality television blowhard with no experience?

"Lock her up!" "Drain the swamp!"

That was all for show and the public that elected him don't even care. His campaign revolved around rattling the hornets nest with no substance and one false statement after another manipulating the public using their disdain for politics. No accountability.

A lot of people don't care about policies. You choose a side and you stick with it because that's your team. It's like watching the Bengals vs Steelers. People vote with emotion not their brain.
(01-02-2017, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course it does, just like haters exist.

I'm sure they do.  They just are not the ones who are pointing out actual lies.