Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s Press Secretary Begs The American People To Stop Mocking Donald Trump
(01-02-2017, 01:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So more of the same from the past 8 years then?

(01-02-2017, 01:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Change "haters" to "racist" and it will be JUST LIKE the last 8 years then.

The problem addressing some people crying "racism" at every turn is the people doing overtly racist things, and then saying they weren't racist 'just because.'

Like the state rep candidate from northern Kentucky who had pictures of Michelle Obama as an ape and a baby chimp labeled as "baby Obama" on his Facebook page. His claim was they weren't racist comments (calling them apes), it was just "entertainment."

That's laughably dumb. Not that people cared, the guy still won his election.

But his story, and similar ones where people do or say something obviously race-related and then dismiss it, takes the punch out of the claim that anyone who disagreed with Obama was labeled racist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-02-2017, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: The problem addressing some people crying "racism" at every turn is the people doing overtly racist things, and then saying they weren't racist 'just because.'

Like the state rep candidate from northern Kentucky who had pictures of Michelle Obama as an ape and a baby chimp labeled as "baby Obama" on his Facebook page. His claim was they weren't racist comments (calling them apes), it was just "entertainment."

That's laughably dumb. Not that people cared, the guy still won his election.

But his story, and similar ones where people do or say something obviously race-related and then dismiss it, takes the punch out of the claim that anyone who disagreed with Obama was labeled racist.

The fore mentioned person who likened Michelle Obama to a "screaming ape" clarified his stance just now:

Quote:...while I can see where the use of the word "ape" could be misconstrued and I admit a different word would've been a better choice.

The rest of his response was to being called a "f***ing ignorant racist" by my father in law.   Smirk

However I agreed with him that words are just words...for the most part.

Quote:I realize words are just words. However some words carry different weight based on their popular usage.

Had someone called Michelle Obama a "coon" I suppose they could argue it's just because she looks like she has bags under her eyes....however the word carries a racial tinge based on even recent history.

He apologized for his poor choice of words.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 15873247_1252631374826143_55132365000762...e=58DB1277]

(I knew this meme would come in handy. ThumbsUp)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-02-2017, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: But his story, and similar ones where people do or say something obviously race-related and then dismiss it, takes the punch out of the claim that anyone who disagreed with Obama was labeled racist.

No, what takes the punch out of the claim is the way any criticism is frequently labeled racist.  Look no further than the Democratic party and liberal media throwing those claims around to squash debate and dissent.  And from my perspective, it's usually the white SJW types that throw the term around with reckless abandon.
--------------------------------------------------------

(01-02-2017, 04:24 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, what takes the punch out of the claim is the way any criticism is frequently labeled racist.  Look no further than the Democratic party and liberal media throwing those claims around to squash debate and dissent.  And from my perspective, it's usually the white SJW types that throw the term around with reckless abandon.

Quote:WDRB’s Lawrence Smith showed him printouts of images he's either posted or shared, such as a photo of a chimpanzee, labeled as a baby picture of President Barack Obama.

Another image had ape-like features photo-shopped onto pictures of the Obama family.
“It wasn't meant to be racist. I can tell you that. My history's good there. I can see how people would be offended in that. I wasn't trying to offend anybody, but, I think Facebook's entertaining,” Johnson said.
When pressed, Johnson would not acknowledge that the images crossed the line. He calls it satire.
“I looked this up. There has been no president that hasn't had that scrutiny. Not one. I think it would be racist not to do the same for President Obama as we've done for every other president.”

Yeah. I can see how the liberal media manipulated that story with reckless abandon.

LOL
(01-02-2017, 04:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah. I can see how the liberal media manipulated that story with reckless abandon.

LOL

It is virtually impossible for most of these people to say "racism is bad even if the racist supports my guy".  All they can say is "I'm not racist and there aren't that many of them."
(01-02-2017, 04:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah. I can see how the liberal media manipulated that story with reckless abandon.

LOL

This is getting ridiculous.

There are racists and people who are simply ignorant.  That's not news.  Nor is it news that the left parades these anecdotal stories as proof that "most of the hate is racist".  It is, again, a meme manufactured to protect and shield Obama from criticism  (which seems a pretty racist thing to do, to me).

(01-02-2017, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is virtually impossible for most of these people to say "racism is bad even if the racist supports my guy".  All they can say is "I'm not racist and there aren't that many of them."

Mellow

(01-02-2017, 05:22 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.

There are racists and people who are simply ignorant.  That's not news.  Nor is it news that the left parades these anecdotal stories as proof that "most of the hate is racist".  It is, again, a meme manufactured to protect and shield Obama from criticism  (which seems a pretty racist thing to do, to me).

Mellow
(01-02-2017, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is virtually impossible for most of these people to say "racism is bad even if the racist supports my guy".  All they can say is "I'm not racist and there aren't that many of them."

So a thread about Trump being mocked devolves into yet more diatribes about how mocking Obama was mostly racist. 

Who disagrees that "racism is bad"?   Seems like yet another false equivalence promoted by the party of identity politics.

(01-02-2017, 05:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So a thread about Trump being mocked devolves into yet more diatribes about how mocking Obama was mostly racist. 

Mellow

(01-02-2017, 01:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Change "haters" to "racist" and it will be JUST LIKE the last 8 years then.

Mellow

(01-02-2017, 05:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Who disagrees that "racism is bad"?   Seems like yet another false equivalence promoted by the party of identity politics.

If you want to disrespect the President Elect for things other that his policy choices; have at it. Just don't point at those that disrespected the current POTUS for things other than his policy choices as validation for your behavior. Own the disrespect and accept that you are no better than those you previously loathed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-02-2017, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you want to disrespect the President Elect for things other that his policy choices; have at it. Just don't point at those that disrespected the current POTUS for things other than his policy choices as validation for your behavior. Own the disrespect and accept that you are no better than those you previously loathed.

Okay.  Thanks.

I suppose "disrespecting"  PE Trump for calling people "losers" is just like people who "disrespected" Obama by claiming he was Kenyan.  Since one was true and the other wasn't.

Mellow
(01-02-2017, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Okay.  Thanks.

I suppose "disrespecting"  PE Trump for calling people "losers" is just like people who "disrespected" Obama by claiming he was Kenyan.  Since one was true and the other wasn't.

Mellow

Of course not. Your disrespect is much more warranted in your eyes. 

(01-02-2017, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course not. Your disrespect is much more warranted in your eyes. 

Well being "disrespectful" about things are true (name calling by the President elect) does seem more warranted to me versus disrespecting over a blatant lie (Obama wasn't a US citizen).

I guess not all t-shirts can't fit that though.
(01-02-2017, 05:29 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So a thread about Trump being mocked devolves into yet more diatribes about how mocking Obama was mostly racist. 

Who disagrees that "racism is bad"?   Seems like yet another false equivalence promoted by the party of identity politics.

Dude, seriously? You caused it. Dino was focused on how he's critical of Trump for outright deception and made one offhand comment about how he expects the response to just be "Obama lied too" and not any genuine concern with misleading statements, which you then turned into "all criticism against Obama was deemed racism".

You're usually logical and offer a conservative leaning perspective that rejects outright party loyalty over reality, but this is silly. I say this as someone who respects you as a poster
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-02-2017, 06:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well being "disrespectful" about things are true (name calling by the President elect) does seem more warranted to me versus disrespecting over a blatant lie (Obama wasn't a US citizen).

Don't engage. He's trying to turn this thread into you having a baseless complaint about Trump, when, prior to JustWin turning this into a race debate, you and others kept it aimed at his transition team bitching about people holding him accountable for his misleading or incorrect statements.

his derailing can only work if you let it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-02-2017, 06:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well being "disrespectful" about things are true (name calling by the President elect) does seem more warranted to me versus disrespecting over a blatant lie (Obama wasn't a US citizen).

Hell. Obama has called a lot of folks names; it's just you have usually agreed with them. Matter of fact he told Trump to quit "whineing" about.......wait for it........a rigged election. 

(01-02-2017, 06:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Don't engage. He's trying to turn this thread into you having a baseless complaint about Trump, when, prior to JustWin turning this into a race debate, you and others kept it aimed at his transition team bitching about people holding him accountable for his misleading or incorrect statements.

his derailing can only work if you let it.

If only I knew me as well as you think you do. 

(01-02-2017, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell. Obama has called a lot of folks names; it's just you have usually agreed with them. Matter of fact he told Trump to quit "whineing" about.......wait for it........a rigged election. 

Hilarious

Can I get a t-shirt with that on it?
(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

Can I get a t-shirt with that on it?

Sure you can. But don't play like you don't already have one:

[Image: men-s-i-hate-donald-trump-men-s-t-shirt.webp]