Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump’s children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden’s son
(10-15-2019, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this is said well and I too have no idea why Trump's family is allowed to fulfill such roles as assigned to JR and his daughter.  think if you choose to become a public servant, you must forfeit any thing that could be construed as a conflict of interest. 

WTS, who do we blame, just as we cannot blame Biden's for them making a dime off their name who can we blame for Trump using his position to allow his relatives to work in such capacities? Do we blame POTUS and if so, why? Is he breaking the law? 

As I said I find it to be something that "shouldn't" be allowed, but does anything currently make it allowed?

Nepotism is always going to be around, but I was under the impression that we voted Trump into power because we are into the idea of plutocracy and being ruled by a family that is super rich and better and smarter than we are.  Plus, Trump was hired to run the government like a business and I don't know anyone who owns a business that doesn't employ most if not all of his family.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-15-2019, 09:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nepotism is always going to be around, but I was under the impression that we voted Trump into power because we are into the idea of plutocracy and being ruled by a family that is super rich and better and smarter than we are.  Plus, Trump was hired to run the government like a business and I don't know anyone who owns a business that doesn't employ most if not all of his family.
  This is pretty much true except for a couple things. Trump doesn't  "own" this business, the government. Also, do you think he would have won if voters knew who he was going to have in his cabinet?

(10-16-2019, 06:06 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote:   This is pretty much true except for a couple things. Trump doesn't  "own" this business, the government. Also, do you think he would have won if voters knew who he was going to have in his cabinet?

I'm not wild about Trump being president to say the least, but I think he's quite representative of our populace where people are angry and uninformed and more intent on making a "statement" than actually furthering any sort of positive agenda.  Also, the minority of people get their way because they have the loudest voices, will throw the biggest fits, and will make life a nightmare for normal people who are more focused on their own lives and keeping their heads above water.

With that being said, I'm not a democrat either but lordy do they look less awful by default these days.
(10-16-2019, 11:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not wild about Trump being president to say the least, but I think he's quite representative of our populace where people are angry and uninformed and more intent on making a "statement" than actually furthering any sort of positive agenda.  Also, the minority of people get their way because they have the loudest voices, will throw the biggest fits, and will make life a nightmare for normal people who are more focused on their own lives and keeping their heads above water.

With that being said, I'm not a democrat either but lordy do they look less awful by default these days.
Come Nov. 2020, we're back to voting for the less of two evils again. that Mayor Pete seems ls intelligent and well spoken. The problem is it appears this country is not ready for a woman prez yet let alone someone who is gay.
(10-17-2019, 06:40 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Come Nov. 2020, we're back to voting for the less of two evils again. that Mayor Pete seems ls intelligent and well spoken. The problem is it appears this country is not ready for a woman prez yet let alone someone who is gay.

Hmm, well time will tell but I can see his being gay being more of a manner by which to vitalize his supporters rather than inspire detractors as Hillary's being a woman did.  It could more like the "Hey neato, Obama is black and we can help make history" sort of thing rather than Hillary inspiring people to fear what having an "emotionally unstable" woman in the WH would do (yeah, that's a laugh seeing the guy we got but that's a whole 'nother ball o wax).

Plus, with the 2016 election we saw the power of "let's vote for this guy because he's gonna make the other side really mad" and I can see a lot of people who are upset what they see as the intolerant minority getting rewarded with Trump's election wanting to make those guys salute a gay guy.  It's not logical and it's not fair, but I see being a woman as far more of a detriment to winning the WH than anything else.
(10-16-2019, 06:06 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote:   This is pretty much true except for a couple things. Trump doesn't  "own" this business, the government. Also, do you think he would have won if voters knew who he was going to have in his cabinet?

To be fair. As I was standing in line in NOV 2016 and watching folks come out of the booths, making it obvious who they voted for, I'm pretty sure if you asked them about Presidential Cabinet; they would have thought it a piece of kitchen furniture in the WHite House.

WTS, it made them no less an American free to cast his/her vote than it did the most educated voter who punched his/her ticket on that day. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-17-2019, 06:40 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Come Nov. 2020, we're back to voting for the less of two evils again. that Mayor Pete seems ls intelligent and well spoken. The problem is it appears this country is not ready for a woman prez yet let alone someone who is gay.

Hell we voted in James Buchanan is 1857. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-17-2019, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS, it made them no less an American free to cast his/her vote than it did the most educated voter who punched his/her ticket on that day. 

True, we can't have a system that values votes based upon anything other than which state you live in.
(10-17-2019, 01:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell we voted in James Buchanan is 1857. 

Not me. I voted for Fremont.
I'll leave this here...