Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
Not gonna lie. This is just sad.

How the mighty have fallen.

Went from President of the United States of America to trash hawker in less than 2 years.
Reply/Quote
it is even worse than the written announcement

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 05:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How the mighty have fallen.

Went from President of the United States of America to trash hawker in less then 2 years.

Well, it took him even less time to go the inverse direction before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's doing zoom calls too !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 05:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not gonna lie. This is just sad.

How the mighty have fallen.

Went from President of the United States of America to trash hawker in less than 2 years.

Trump was a trash hawker before, during, and after his political career started, stuff like this just makes it more obvious.  He's a political equivalent of an infomercial and other than losing his ability to win an election, I don't see what is so different from 2022 and 2016.

Trump blew the 2022 midterms and suddenly everyone who liked or tolerated him before just so happened to see the light that the guy is a selfish d-bag who is only interested in his bank account...amazing.  I will say it is interesting seeing conservatives who want so badly to move to DeSantis saying the same things liberals were saying about Trump in 2016.

He can't win, right?  He's not seriously going to run is he?  He's just doing this for attention, right?  He's going to drop out and start selling stuff instead, right? He's down in the polls, he can't possibly think he's going to win and he will quit, right?
Reply/Quote
Feels like those cards are a worse investment than skins in Overwatch.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 07:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump was a trash hawker before, during, and after his political career started, stuff like this just makes it more obvious.  He's a political equivalent of an infomercial and other than losing his ability to win an election, I don't see what is so different from 2022 and 2016.

The one thing I would say is different, it seems as if almost all reasonable people are sick of him now. He does not get defended on any BS any longer, people talk about deSantis more, for reasons I can't understand, but still...  Trump is no longer this saviour person, this genius that the country so desperately needs, I seem to read stuff like that less and less.

Not that I want to celebrate that. His candidates that allegedly all got rejected so badly in the midterms all made the primaries first, and so will Trump, and then who knows if all the glorification starts again. It easily can, given how you operate on these things. And as GOP candidate he is guaranteed at least 48 percent, and 2% is chance anyway. Which is instantly depressing again.

But hey, some more people maybe are more annoyed by him now than they were before, so there's light.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 09:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: The one thing I would say is different, it seems as if almost all reasonable people are sick of him now. He does not get defended on any BS any longer, people talk about deSantis more, for reasons I can't understand, but still...  Trump is no longer this saviour person, this genius that the country so desperately needs, I seem to read stuff like that less and less.

Not that I want to celebrate that. His candidates that allegedly all got rejected so badly in the midterms all made the primaries first, and so will Trump, and then who knows if all the glorification starts again. It easily can, given how you operate on these things. And as GOP candidate he is guaranteed at least 48 percent, and 2% is chance anyway. Which is instantly depressing again.

But hey, some more people maybe are more annoyed by him now than they were before, so there's light.

They're only "off" Trump and getting behind DeSantis as the next savoir because Trump helping them blow the midterms was the last straw...for now.  He's acting as selfish and unreasonable as he ever was.  The fact that the GOP is "out" on Trump in 2022 now that he's shilling stupid cards of himself and not on 1/6 or when he was telling people a global pandemic was going to disappear says a lot, I think.

If DeSantis doesn't run in 2024 or gets abducted by aliens tomorrow or something, the GOP will be right back on the Trump-or-die wagon.  It's hard to yell what percentage of republicans believe or "believe" in Trump, anyways.  61% of republicans believe that Trump won in 2020, yet the party is so eager to move on?  Doesn't really add up, does it?

The majority of republicans supposedly think Trump won 2 elections in a row, but they don't want him to run again?  Or they're just more willing to admit now that parroting Trump's BS was a lot more tolerable when he was a winner.  It's like how many Packer fans are finally admitting Aaron Rodgers is a problematic bag of dicks now that he is no longer playing like an MVP. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They're only "off" Trump and getting behind DeSantis as the next savoir because Trump helping them blow the midterms was the last straw...for now.  He's acting as selfish and unreasonable as he ever was.  The fact that the GOP is "out" on Trump in 2022 now that he's shilling stupid cards of himself and not on 1/6 or when he was telling people a global pandemic was going to disappear says a lot, I think.

If DeSantis doesn't run in 2024 or gets abducted by aliens tomorrow or something, the GOP will be right back on the Trump-or-die wagon.  It's hard to yell what percentage of republicans believe or "believe" in Trump, anyways.  61% of republicans believe that Trump won in 2020, yet the party is so eager to move on?  Doesn't really add up, does it?

The majority of republicans supposedly think Trump won 2 elections in a row, but they don't want him to run again?  Or they're just more willing to admit now that parroting Trump's BS was a lot more tolerable when he was a winner.  It's like how many Packer fans are finally admitting Aaron Rodgers is a problematic bag of dicks now that he is no longer playing like an MVP. 

61% still, huh. Well, that's part of why I said reasonable people. Folks who believe the stolen election trope don't qualify for that characterization.

And yeah, overall I think Trump exhausts even his big fans at this point. I guess the number of those who genuinely think he is a genius sent from God is diminishing. Admitting that and giving liberals a win, that's something else. But I don't know if 61% really believe the election was stolen, even though they say so. I might of course be wrong though.

And I'm aware that Trump most certainly wins the nomination and many will go back to praising him for every nonsense then, that is part of the game. But it's still a tad different. This NFT crap, for example, no one is actually defending him there. Two or three years ago, folks would have said critizising Trump for that is despicably hypocritical and proof of a deranged mind because Obama wrote a book.
Reply/Quote
Well, more people will stop believing Trump won the 2020 election now, not because they made any sort of factual judgment call, but because Trump is a cringey loser now.  It's a cult of personality, and you only believe or accept what the person says and does based upon his ability to win and his popularity.

If the "grab 'em by the *****" clip came out now conservatives would be like "Wow, look...gotta get rid of this guy and move to DeSantis!  Totally inexcusable!"

EDIT - So it seems like the critique of this move from the pro-Trumpers like Flynn and Banon is that Trump should fire whomever talked him into this.  They aren't going after Trump himself, rather pushing the blame off on some random advisor that can and should be replaced.  Personally, I'd suggest they just point out that Trump is a business genius for getting millions to do nothing more than agree to a business deal and appear in a short promotional video.

Trump just made more than most people make in their entire lives by being in a 2 minute video.  He's a genius, and a business genius is just what we need to undo all the damage Biden is doing to our country. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 07:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump was a trash hawker before, during, and after his political career started, stuff like this just makes it more obvious.  He's a political equivalent of an infomercial and other than losing his ability to win an election, I don't see what is so different from 2022 and 2016.

Trump blew the 2022 midterms and suddenly everyone who liked or tolerated him before just so happened to see the light that the guy is a selfish d-bag who is only interested in his bank account...amazing.  I will say it is interesting seeing conservatives who want so badly to move to DeSantis saying the same things liberals were saying about Trump in 2016.

He can't win, right?  He's not seriously going to run is he?  He's just doing this for attention, right?  He's going to drop out and start selling stuff instead, right? He's down in the polls, he can't possibly think he's going to win and he will quit, right?

True.

But NFTs are a new low, even for him. They are the epitome of worthless garbage. At least if you bought Trump Steaks you got a shitty steak.

As for whether he can win or not, I would say the two most likely outcomes of the 2024 presidential election are Biden and DeSantis.

And I think it's like 60% DeSantis, 30% Biden and then 10% anyone else, with Trump being maybe 1% of that 10%.

I think his political career is over. Selling NFTs of yourself is as good as the old trope "fat lady singing" you'll ever see in real life.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 01:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: True.

But NFTs are a new low, even for him. They are the epitome of worthless garbage. At least if you bought Trump Steaks you got a shitty steak.

As for whether he can win or not, I would say the two most likely outcomes of the 2024 presidential election are Biden and DeSantis.

And I think it's like 60% DeSantis, 30% Biden and then 10% anyone else, with Trump being maybe 1% of that 10%.

I think his political career is over. Selling NFTs of yourself is as good as the old trope "fat lady singing" you'll ever see in real life.

I have no ability to grasp NFTs.  I see them in the sports card hobby and have no idea why anybody would buy something that basically does not exist.  

It's odd to me to see a lot of conservatives get into crypto, too.  The old go-to for traditional right wing thinking was that the gold standard and buying gold were the only guaranteed way to quantify money and insulate in times of economic uncertainty.  Now these people are hawking money that isn't there.   It's weird.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump just made more than most people make in their entire lives by being in a 2 minute video.  He's a genius, and a business genius is just what we need to undo all the damage Biden is doing to our country. 

Yeah, would be a good time to remember how Trump once had 2,3 billion dollars of debt. An amount so hight that the banks could not drop him. Then Trump founded a stock company, parked the debt there, lured in investors under false pretenses and drove that company in the ground. While making money for himself by awarding himself huge salaries, his new-found wealth.

Is that a sustainable economic model for the country?

Later only a bank famous for Russian money laundering was willing to borrow him money. But Trump almost literally lived in golden towers while paying less taxes than any of his taxpaying supporters. Great model for a society.

(12-17-2022, 01:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: But NFTs are a new low, even for him. They are the epitome of worthless garbage. At least if you bought Trump Steaks you got a shitty steak.

Well, if you bought into his scam university, you were also left with nothing. And when you donated to his charities, you were left knowing that your money helped Trump buy Tebow gear, a huge painting of himself and an illegal political contribution.

New low, I don't know. These things were pretty close to the absolute bottom already.
Reply/Quote
How can anyone take this clown seriously after that ridiculous
'announcement" SNL should just run the entire actual ad and lets call it was it is. A freaking infomercial. And a bad one at that. Before they run it the host should explain they normally produce mock up ads as jokes however this time they did not need to do any work! Just run the actual ad and have a ticker at the bottom that reads "THIS IS REAL - THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IS PEDDLING NFT TRADING CARDS OF PICTURES OF HIM IN SPACE GEAR - THIS IS REAL - NOT A SKETCH - THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED - I would freaking cry. It is comedy gold on its own. For real, if you are still defending this clown stop. This is the guy people attacked their own country for? Same clown I always saw but not he is going on full display. Good luck trying to not look silly defending what a freaking joke this man is. Humility has never been lower
'
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 10:27 AM)samhain Wrote: I have no ability to grasp NFTs.  I see them in the sports card hobby and have no idea why anybody would buy something that basically does not exist.  

You're talking about Trump's base who pine for the USA to return to the 1950's or the 1860's, a time when virtually none of them existed.  And they say liberals are the ones who live in a fantasy land.

With that being said, I'd buy the hell out of an NFT of Walter Mondale wearing a 1980's Bengals uniform.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 01:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: True.

But those things double in value 20 years from now.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 03:41 PM)Dill Wrote: But those things double in value 20 years from now.

That is true. The value is zero now and it will be at least double that in 2042.
Reply/Quote