Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Someone doesn't understand Memorial Day
(05-28-2024, 01:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've upset the hivemind.  

[Image: ESKRkZfWoAIl9_H.jpg]

There's literally nothing preventing you from continuing your typical anti-Trump screed.

Crow still looking at his watch, btw.

I thought name calling was against the forum rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 01:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've upset the hivemind.  

[Image: ESKRkZfWoAIl9_H.jpg]

If being unable to mention the sacrifices of veterans on Memorial Day briefly without launching into a tirade about your rape case is bad, I don't wanna be good.

I'm pretty sure Trump does stuff like this on purpose because he gets off on watching people rush to defend him.  It's like John Lennon responding to his fans reading genius into everything he does by writing I Am the Walrus and watching them bend their minds into a pretzel trying to explain how it makes perfect sense and is brilliant.

I'm a deep-fried dumbass and even I know that Trump could make a post saying something about having a happy and respectful Memorial Day and honor veterans and then point out that he wins that group over Biden by a large margin.  It's simple, and it's a bit nasty and Trump-ey but still stays on point.  Trump gives veterans 5 words and then launches into a tirade about himself for a reason.  It's not like he can't make 2 different posts.  He's addicted to having his shoes licked by fanatics.  I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were so stupidly popular.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If being unable to mention the sacrifices of veterans on Memorial Day briefly without launching into a tirade about your rape case is bad, I don't wanna be good.

I'm pretty sure Trump does stuff like this on purpose because he gets off on watching people rush to defend him.  It's like John Lennon responding to his fans reading genius into everything he does by writing I Am the Walrus and watching them bend their minds into a pretzel trying to explain how it makes perfect sense and is brilliant.

Yes, par for the course for Trump, as I stated in my original post.  It's just interesting that a response to Biden being intensely disrespectful to our soldiers just becomes an excuse making factory.  If someone was actually able to say, "yeah, that was bad too" we wouldn't be having this conversation.  Can't stop being an excuse making partisan though.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, par for the course for Trump, as I stated in my original post.  It's just interesting that a response to Biden being intensely disrespectful to our soldiers just becomes an excuse making factory.  If someone was actually able to say, "yeah, that was bad too" we wouldn't be having this conversation.  Can't stop being an excuse making partisan though.

Biden is a different person than Trump and he looked at his watch like a dumbass.  He didn't spend as much time intentionally taking the focus off of veterans and putting it upon himself like Trump did.

Yes, it's different.  What Biden did was disrespectful, but brief and stupid.  Trump is maliciously and intentionally disrespectful because it's part of his brand.  There is a reason Trump bragged about being able to shoot a man in broad daylight and not lose support. You can't just say that without every now and then doing reprehensible stuff to allow your fanbase to get their daily dose of defending you practice in.

I may have looked at my watch during a funeral before...but when someone posts on facebook that their 1 month old died of SIDS I don't say "I'm so sorry" and then spend 15 minutes typing up a post about how much it sucks to be me.  It's different, but if bothering to look at the situation and the two men involved and their resumes makes me some sort of liberal cultist, well...at least I'm obsessed with a political party that gets more than 3% of the vote now.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 03:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Biden is a different person than Trump and he looked at his watch like a dumbass.  He didn't spend as much time intentionally taking the focus off of veterans and putting it upon himself like Trump did.

Yes, it's different.  What Biden did was disrespectful, but brief and stupid.  Trump is maliciously and intentionally disrespectful because it's part of his brand.  There is a reason Trump bragged about being able to shoot a man in broad daylight and not lose support. You can't just say that without every now and then doing reprehensible stuff to allow your fanbase to get their daily dose of defending you practice in.

I may have looked at my watch during a funeral before...but when someone posts on facebook that their 1 month old died of SIDS I don't say "I'm so sorry" and then spend 15 minutes typing up a post about how much it sucks to be me.  It's different, but if bothering to look at the situation and the two men involved and their resumes makes me some sort of liberal cultist, well...at least I'm obsessed with a political party that gets more than 3% of the vote now.

There are other incidents that can be pointed to, but I agree that Trump is the more egregious actor.  Which makes the refusal to even acknowledge Biden's errors at all even more surprising.  It's like admitting he's done anything wrong, or that anything is wrong with him, is a full throated endorsement for Trump.  It's a double standard that is noticed by people outside of this board and is actively helping Trump win.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 04:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are other incidents that can be pointed to, but I agree that Trump is the more egregious actor.  Which makes the refusal to even acknowledge Biden's errors at all even more surprising.  It's like admitting he's done anything wrong, or that anything is wrong with him, is a full throated endorsement for Trump.  It's a double standard that is noticed by people outside of this board and is actively helping Trump win.

I haven't combed over this thread, but I think it comes down to intention.  Biden is, even to his supporters, a bit of an ungraceful type who is now old.  Biden was face planting with his words and actions when he ran in 1988, the guy is who he is.  Trump is also who he is.

Biden is to ignorance as Trump is to malice.  I don't think people overlook what Biden did so much as acknowledge that it was the unthoughtful action of a semi-well meaning person.  Biden has doubled down on dumbassery in a rather Trump-like manner, I just don't see that in this particular case.  I don't get the vibe that people who plan to vote for Biden have any illusions about his state or this situation.  Rather it's one of those "You moron...they're going to have a field day with this" situations.

Everyone does "wrong" stuff by accident, and it's smart to do as little "wrong stuff" on purpose because that way when you do something wrong by accident people are hopefully more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Of course, Biden isn't clean but that goes back to the 1 on 1 nature of politics now, eh?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 03:12 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: 355f84fe-3acd-4c01-9764-83ee37b68293-AFP...&auto=webp]

Aren’t you the one who likes bashing liberals saying they are the kings of whataboutism?

(05-28-2024, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, par for the course for Trump, as I stated in my original post.  It's just interesting that a response to Biden being intensely disrespectful to our soldiers just becomes an excuse making factory.  If someone was actually able to say, "yeah, that was bad too" we wouldn't be having this conversation.  Can't stop being an excuse making partisan though.

Aren’t you the one who always comes in and tells us we are being ridiculous when we take issue with things Trump says/does? And yet here you are not satisfied with the level of outrage people have for dude checking his watch 3 years ago?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Aren’t you the one who likes bashing liberals saying they are the kings of whataboutism?

Eh, not the kings, but we certainly have a fair number of left leaning posters (I wouldn't use the word liberal as the modern left is not liberal) who like to throw the term around a lot while engaging in the exact same behavior.

Quote:Aren’t you the one who always comes in and tells us we are being ridiculous   when we take issue with things Trump says/does? And yet here you are not satisfied with the level of outrage people have for dude checking his watch 3 years ago?

You certainly can be over the top.  I tend to try and temper it with some reasonable observation, albeit with minimal success.  As for your last sentence, it's not my level of outrage, it's the level of outrage from people who consistently display it.  But honestly I know I'm wasting my breath here.  You hate Trump, and I understand why, thus you cannot say anything negative about Biden as it's perceived as being positive simultaneously about Trump.  For me we have the literal worst choice I've seen in my fifty years on the planet, so please forgive me for not being happy about either of these garbage choices.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 08:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, not the kings, but we certainly have a fair number of left leaning posters (I wouldn't use the word liberal as the modern left is not liberal) who like to throw the term around a lot while engaging in the exact same behavior.

What is the difference between "modern left" and "liberal" then?   
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 04:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't combed over this thread, but I think it comes down to intention.  Biden is, even to his supporters, a bit of an ungraceful type who is now old.  Biden was face planting with his words and actions when he ran in 1988, the guy is who he is.  Trump is also who he is.

Biden is to ignorance as Trump is to malice.  I don't think people overlook what Biden did so much as acknowledge that it was the unthoughtful action of a semi-well meaning person.  Biden has doubled down on dumbassery in a rather Trump-like manner, I just don't see that in this particular case.  I don't get the vibe that people who plan to vote for Biden have any illusions about his state or this situation.  Rather it's one of those "You moron...they're going to have a field day with this" situations.

Everyone does "wrong" stuff by accident, and it's smart to do as little "wrong stuff" on purpose because that way when you do something wrong by accident people are hopefully more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Of course, Biden isn't clean but that goes back to the 1 on 1 nature of politics now, eh?

Well said.

What I'd like to know is whether those !OUTRAGED! over Biden's incidental watch checking are !!!!!10X more OUTRAGED!!!!! by Trump's comments about the fallen, wounded and captured--i.e., the LOSERS?  Stuff no previous president would think, let alone say out loud. What's the difference between Trump's INTENT and Biden's there?  What's the difference in intent between critics of Trump behavior and critics of Biden's?

It would be something if those outraged over Biden's incidental watch glance refuse to get exercised over Trump's deliberate insults to military members.  Or if those outraged over Dem supporters lack of response to Biden refuse the same curtesy to Trump supporters who ignore their Dear Leader's shameful attitude towards the military.  Yet I suspect that is the case. 

I've still never recovered from Trump publicly dissing POWs; I'm not going to say "Yeah that was bad too," and "move on," like there's no difference between Trump's myriad other insults to military life and families and Biden's "intensely disrespectful" watch-glance. 

So the Biden glance is a pretty weak whattabout. Does outrage over it even rise to the level of "petty"?  Yet despite the disproportion, there's enough there that an independent "centrist" could spin up some false equivalence--Dems excoriate Trump for judging limbless veterans unsightly, but look the other way when THEIR guy glances at his watch during etc.. . .partisan excuse making etc. . . ."rampant hypocrisy" etc. . . . hive mind etc. etc. 

We're on the verge of electing a C-in-C who thinks the wounded, the missing, and the fallen were "suckers" and uses his Memorial Day tweet to complain about his rape and fraud cases, but the real take away from this Memorial Day thread is that Trump's behavior only makes Dem refusal to acknowledge Biden errors even more surprising!   Somehow.  If you buy the equivalence, I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Aren’t you the one who likes bashing liberals saying they are the kings of whataboutism?

I get you do not like seeing me use your own tactics against you, as whataboutism is the rallying cry of the left.

Oddly, I heard that it appeared Joe Biden was napping out during part of the Memorial Day event at Arlington National Cemetery Monday. 

I cannot imagine the faux liberal outrage if DJT did that.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 07:33 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I get you do not like seeing me use your own tactics against you, as whataboutism is the rallying cry of the left.

Oddly, I heard that it appeared Joe Biden was napping out during part of the Memorial Day event at Arlington National Cemetery Monday. 

Oh yeah, the man closed his eyes during a prayer and suddenly he’s asleep. Most people don’t deliberately and controlled move their hands and head when sleeping

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 07:33 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I get you do not like seeing me use your own tactics against you, as whataboutism is the rallying cry of the left.

Trump just wouldn't go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

he napped in court, remember that!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 01:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: he napped in court, remember that!

He caught some serious ZZZ's there, I think I heard multiple occasions?
Reply/Quote