Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Campaign Doubles Down: It’s Totally Fine That He Called His Enemies ‘Vermin’
When Clinton said the worst P01135809 supporters were deplorables EVERY (it seemed) supporter of his took it personally.  

When P01135809 called anyone who opposes him "Vermin" most of us knew we were not vermin and instead focused on the increasingly authoritarian lilt to his speeches and rallies....and mainstream media ignored it for the most part.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/11/12/trump-compares-political-foes-to-vermin-on-veterans-day-echoing-nazi-propaganda/?sh=17c87a327229&s=09

Quote:Trump Compares Political Foes To ‘Vermin’ On Veterans Day—Echoing Nazi Propaganda
[/url]Sara Dorn
Forbes Staff

Politics
Nov 12, 2023,10:53am EST

TOPLINE

Former President Donald Trump pledged to eliminate political extremist groups that “lie, steal and cheat on elections,” calling them “vermin” during a speech Saturday and in a Truth Social post commemorating Veterans Day—echoing a term Nazis often used in antisemitic propaganda to dehumanize Jews, equating them to parasites who spread disease.
Trump made a “pledge” to “root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists, and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country” in a Truth Social post Saturday “in honor of our great Veterans on Veteran’s Day.”

Trump accused the groups of doing “anything possible to destroy America, and the American Dream,” adding that “the threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous, and grave, than the threat from within.”

He repeated the phrasing at a rally in New Hampshire later Saturday, referring to “the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country” and declaring “the real threat is not from the radical right, the real threat is from the radical left.”

The former president’s incendiary rhetoric invokes a term frequently used by Nazis to dehumanize Jews, including a 1939 quote attributed to Hitler: “This vermin must be destroyed. The Jews are our sworn enemies,” he told the Czech foreign minister, according to [url=https://books.google.com/books?id=mFA4DwAAQBAJ&pg=PA420&lpg=PA420&dq=%22this+vermin+must+be+destroyed.+The+Jews+are+our+sworn+enemies,+and+at+the+end+of+this+year+there+will+not+be+a+Jew+left+in+Germany.%E2%80%9D&source=bl&ots=nRBF6dxBdX&sig=ACfU3U12e3x3ABNTx3CvSsShpqYPYH5cfA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdgdzV1r6CAxVUAHkGHczEAnYQ6AF6BAgbEAM#v=onepage&q=%22this%20vermin%20must%20be%20destroyed.%20The%20Jews%20are%20our%20sworn%20enemies%2C%20and%20at%20the%20end%20of%20this%20year%20there%20will%20not%20be%20a%20Jew%20left%20in%20Germany.%E2%80%9D&f=false]historical accounts.

CHIEF CRITICS
“Today, ‘in honor of our great Veterans,’ ex-President demands on social media to ‘root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our Country,’ presidential historian Michael Beschloss tweeted Saturday. “Please tell us if this reminds you of any earlier historical figure.” The use of “vermin,” according to Michael Tomasky, the editor of The New Republic, is “an unusual word choice….And it appears in history in chiefly in one context, and one context only,” calling it Trump’s usage “straight-up Nazi talk, in a way he’s never done quite before.”

KEY BACKGROUND
Trump’s populist appeal and incendiary rhetoric are often compared to Hilter’s cult of personality and authoritarian rule. Trump sparked widespread outrage last month when he accused undocumented immigrants of “poisoning the blood of our country” in an interview with the right-wing website, The National Pulse. “Nobody has any idea where these people are coming from, and we know they come from prisons. We know they come from mental institutions and insane asylums. We know they’re terrorists,” Trump said, adding “It’s so bad, and people are coming in with disease. People are coming in with every possible thing that you could have.” Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt warned the statement “echoes nativist talking points and has the potential to cause real danger and violence,” he told multiple outlets, while the New York Times pointed out that several passages in Hilter’s “Mein Kampf” describe the “influx of foreign blood” as “poison.”

SURPRISING FACT
Trump has reportedly studied Hilter and expressed admiration toward the Nazi dictator to people close to him. “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things,” he allegedly told former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly in 2018, according to New York Times reporter Michael C. Bender’s 2021 book, “Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost.” 

Trump has denied making the statement. His first wife, Ivana Trump, also told her lawyer that Trump kept a book of Hilter’s speeches by his bedside, according to a 1990 Vanity Fair piece published amid their split.

TANGENT
A clip of actress Nia Renee Hill flipping Trump off as he took his seat at Saturday’s UFC fight in Madison Square Garden went viral on social media over the weekend. Trump entered the arena to wild applause with musician Kid Rock and former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and was seated near Hill and her husband, comedian Bill Burr. Just before Trump took his seat, cameras showed Hill sitting behind Trump and directing the gesture toward him.

FURTHER READING
Trump Asked Generals To Follow In Third Reich’s Footsteps, Book Says (Forbes)
Anti-Defamation League Calls Out Trump Campaign For Comparing Indictment To 1930s Nazi Germany (Forbes)

[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-14-091009.png]

Your republican front runner for the nomination to be POTUS.  There is no bottom.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I'm skeptical that this sort of thing is going to pull folks like me out of economic turmoil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In this day and age of heightened anti-Semitism, it is at the very least poor taste to use the same sort of dehumanizing language against one's political opponents as was used against the Jewish population during the Nazi regime.

This was 100% a calculated move in an attempt to provoke a response from the left, though. No less concerning, but it is aimed at being an "own the libs" type of moment.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 12:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In this day and age of heightened anti-Semitism, it is at the very least poor taste to use the same sort of dehumanizing language against one's political opponents as was used against the Jewish population during the Nazi regime.

This was 100% a calculated move in an attempt to provoke a response from the left, though. No less concerning, but it is aimed at being an "own the libs" type of moment.

Am I letting rhetoric get to me if I'm starting to feel like I may need to purchase a high capacity firearm or two?  I live in a red part of PA. Maybe I just need to join the armed and concerned crowd. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 12:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In this day and age of heightened anti-Semitism, it is at the very least poor taste to use the same sort of dehumanizing language against one's political opponents as was used against the Jewish population during the Nazi regime.

I mean I believe that was part of it.  He thinks he will get more attention at least. 

The doubling down makes it clear what they WANT the discussion to be about when he does suck thing.

The problem being he's like a bad shock jock and when the rating start dropping they look for more and more outrageous things to do to stay relevant.  I wonder what will be next?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean I believe that was part of it.  He thinks he will get more attention at least. 

The doubling down makes it clear what they WANT the discussion to be about when he does suck thing.

The problem being he's like a bad shock jock and when the rating start dropping they look for more and more outrageous things to do to stay relevant.  I wonder what will be next?

Every time he says something like that his cult becomes more rabid.  The problem is that he no longer gets the same attention for simply being outrageous so he has to go even more outrageous.  

We already know that he believes that the tens of millions of people who don't support him are his "enemies" Now he is just adding another term to his rhetoric and of course, more than hinting at his plans for his "enemies".  And the cult will applaud but it's only because they like Trump's economic plans(?)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
McCarthyism 2.0

And he'll still lead the Republican primary.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 03:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: McCarthyism 2.0

And he'll still lead the Republican primary.

He's probably going to win the 2024 election. I guess we just hope he fails to follow up on this like he failed to follow up on locking up Hillary Clinton.  He's just saying this to get elected so he can cut taxes for the ultra wealthy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's probably going to win the 2024 election. I guess we just hope he fails to follow up on this like he failed to follow up on locking up Hillary Clinton.  He's just saying this to get elected so he can cut taxes for the ultra wealthy. 

We'll get a better idea once we get closer to the election, but Trump winning is certainly possible. I don't know how effectively he'll go after the "vermin" of this society if elected but, even if he doesn't, you know at least a percentage of his fans will attempt to root a few out themselves.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's probably going to win the 2024 election. I guess we just hope he fails to follow up on this like he failed to follow up on locking up Hillary Clinton.  He's just saying this to get elected so he can cut taxes for the ultra wealthy. 

(11-14-2023, 03:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We'll get a better idea once we get closer to the election, but Trump winning is certainly possible. I don't know how effectively he'll go after the "vermin" of this society if elected but, even if he doesn't, you know at least a percentage of his fans will attempt to root a few out themselves.

I've heard a few things that he is "vetting" people now.  If he wins he will not be held back by "the swamp" of people who don't want an authoritarian ignoring laws and the constitution to get his revenge on anyone he believes slighted or even disagreed with him.  
Reply/Quote
His base loves this.

They love him because he allows them to be their worst selves.

Their inner Beast.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 02:28 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: His base loves this.

They love him because he allows them to be their worst selves.

Their inner Beast.

You're not wrong, I just hope you'd realize he brings that exact same thing out on the left.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 02:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not wrong, I just hope you'd realize he brings that exact same thing out on the left.

You are right. He does that for everyone. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Told you about that public humiliation stuff. Dude is just mad we see him as he really is. A complete failure.

https://www.salon.com/2023/12/07/the-roots-of-megalomania-public-humiliation-pushed-him-into-a-delusional-state-of-mind/

Narcissistic rage is an intense and explosive emotional reaction observable in individuals with NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). It is not a distinct symptom of NPD or a particular type of rage but may refer to those with NPD reacting to certain situations due to the condition.

Unlike ordinary anger, which arises from typical triggers, narcissistic rage may occur in response to perceived threats to the narcissist’s inflated self-image and grandiose sense of self. This overwhelming anger may present suddenly and aggressively, seemingly out of proportion to the triggering event.

Narcissistic rage stems from a deep-seated fear of exposure as inadequate or not living up to an ideal self-image that the individual projects.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 02:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not wrong, I just hope you'd realize he brings that exact same thing out on the left.

Exact? You don’t say…

https://x.com/0rf/status/1732746683274932259?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Exact? You don’t say…

https://x.com/0rf/status/1732746683274932259?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA

Interesting to say the least.  I have noticed a rather significant decline in the quality of the Washington Post.  I have done zero research, but I have to wonder how much that coincides with Bezos purchasing the paper.  For all the hate Musk gets, it surprises me how much Bezos so often gets a free pass in the realm of public discourse.  I'm not a Musk Stan, or hater, but if you made me choose between the two as who'd I'd rather put my faith in it wouldn't take me a full second to choose Musk.

As for the article, it positively drips with "it's ok when we do it".  Not that any Trump hater will ever, ever, acknowledge this.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interesting to say the least.  I have noticed a rather significant decline in the quality of the Washington Post.  I have done zero research, but I have to wonder how much that coincides with Bezos purchasing the paper.  For all the hate Musk gets, it surprises me how much Bezos so often gets a free pass in the realm of public discourse.  I'm not a Musk Stan, or hater, but if you made me choose between the two as who'd I'd rather put my faith in it wouldn't take me a full second to choose Musk.

As for the article, it positively drips with "it's ok when we do it".  Not that any Trump hater will ever, ever, acknowledge this.

I hate Trump and I'll say **** the WP and Bezos and Musk.  Anyone else you need me to give my stamp of disapproval?  

Wait, Trump haters support Bezos?  I thought the narrative on him was that he was yet another gazillionaire who would rather spend money on rocket ships than allow his employees the time to not piss and shit their pants while on the job.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hate Trump and I'll say **** the WP and Bezos and Musk.  Anyone else you need me to give my stamp of disapproval?  

Wait, Trump haters support Bezos?  I thought the narrative on him was that he was yet another gazillionaire who would rather spend money on rocket ships than allow his employees the time to not piss and shit their pants while on the job.

The narrative on Bezos is infinitely more kind than it is for Musk.  The lack of consistency is my main issue.

Reply/Quote
This is what Trump said, he never said Biden supporters at all.
Former President Donald Trump pledged to eliminate political extremist groups that “lie, steal and cheat on elections,” calling them “vermin” during a speech Saturday and in a Truth Social post commemorating Veterans Day

I am not sure how this statement concerns the majority of independents and a lot of more middle of the road Democrats. It was direct to extremist groups who LIE, STEAL AND CHEAT ON ELECTIONS.

I guess we have some in the forum who were offended because they lie, cheat and steal elections. Otherwise, his comments were not directed at every Democrat, Hillary was direct also and said Trump supporters were deplorable.

As stated in the OP - said the worst P01135809 supporters were deplorables EVERY (it seemed) supporter of his took it personally.

Maybe I am missing something, but to me people who lie, cheat and steal are Vermin regardless of political party.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 02:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is what Trump said, he never said Biden supporters at all.
Former President Donald Trump pledged to eliminate political extremist groups that “lie, steal and cheat on elections,” calling them “vermin” during a speech Saturday and in a Truth Social post commemorating Veterans Day

I am not sure how this statement concerns the majority of independents and a lot of more middle of the road Democrats. It was direct to extremist groups who LIE, STEAL AND CHEAT ON ELECTIONS.

I guess we have some in the forum who were offended because they lie, cheat and steal elections. Otherwise, his comments were not directed at every Democrat, Hillary was direct also and said Trump supporters were deplorable.

As stated in the OP - said the worst P01135809 supporters were deplorables EVERY (it seemed) supporter of his took it personally.

Maybe I am missing something, but to me people who lie, cheat and steal are Vermin regardless of political party.

Well maybe because he places ANYONE who doesn’t support him 10l% into the category of enemies. Believe it or not, we actually listen to his words. He constantly demonizes and dehumanizes his perceived enemies. And since he also claims that Democrats “rigged” his loss, therefore they must br vermin.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote