Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

I take this as a direct threat.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BtqtHpOXQYg?si=TlvaM0CleGeAzE9j

“If I don’t get elected it’s going to be a blood bath for the country”
Reply/Quote
Some people think he's treated unfairly ...

On election day, he is going to hijack a plane.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 09:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

On one hand they tell us he was good because he keeps his promises. On the other, they say it’s just hyperbole when he talks like this.

He is becoming more and more unhinged every day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:03 AM)pally Wrote: On one hand they tell us he was good because he keeps his promises.  On the other, they say it’s just hyperbole when he talks like this.

He is becoming more and more unhinged every day

I expected someone to be in here already telling me that's not what he meant it was just about cars. 

Even though he started the rally with a salute to people in prison for an assault on our capitol and democracy. And in the same speech said if he doesn't win we would never have another election again in this country.

Fighting words to me. Talking that much shit.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 09:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

He was speaking financially, specifically the auto industry.  Which is apparent when you listen to the sentences that proceeded your clip.  Again, Trump gives you guys so much easy ammunition, yet you feel compelled to make shit up.  I wonder if the left realizes how much they help Trump when they go this route.  It literally gives him cover for the stuff he actually does say.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I expected someone to be in here already telling me that's not what he meant it was just about cars. 

Even though he started the rally with a salute to people in prison for an assault on our capitol and democracy. And in the same speech said if he doesn't win we would never have another election again in this country.

Fighting words to me. Talking that much shit.

I've been told we can't by what he says anyway.  He either didn't really say it he didn't mean it.  You have to go by his ACTIONS.

Like, for example, holding a rally on the day that congress is certifying the election and then instructing the crowd to walk down and give congress the "encouragement" they need to "do the right thing".

Or something.

Anyway he also said this before.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-03-17-110333.png]

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1570475900277334019?s=20

And, to be fair, Trump's word salads don't always make sense.  He can be talking about cancer cause by windmills and then how many times he has to flush the toilet and then he's going to put a 100 tariff on china made cars.  I mean the guy said if Biden won there wouldn't be a Pennsylvania anymore.

On the other hand he also feels he needs to be a "tough guy" like his idols Putin and Erdogan so he uses "colorful" language like "bloodbath" no matter what he's talking about.  I'm sure Trump would love if his supporters rose up and started a revolution to give him power.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've been told we can't by what he says anyway.  

Well, we certainly can't when he's attacked for saying something he didn't actually say.  Don't let facts get in the way though.  Keep helping to reelect him.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He was speaking financially, specifically the auto industry.  Which is apparent when you listen to the sentences that proceeded your clip.  Again, Trump gives you guys so much easy ammunition, yet you feel compelled to make shit up.  I wonder if the left realizes how much they help Trump when they go this route.  It literally gives him cover for the stuff he actually does say.

So the crowd that is typically asking for context be added to selectively edited quotes now want to refuse to allow context to a 'gotcha' quote when it works to their advantage? Fascinating.  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He was speaking financially, specifically the auto industry.  Which is apparent when you listen to the sentences that proceeded your clip.  Again, Trump gives you guys so much easy ammunition, yet you feel compelled to make shit up.  I wonder if the left realizes how much they help Trump when they go this route.  It literally gives him cover for the stuff he actually does say.

I usually agree with this view, but I have a hard time to do so in this specific instance. Even when he was indeed talking about cars before. Imho this is still, at the very least, fending the existing flames (flames already stoked by the same guy) in an irresponsible manner. He talked about a bloodbath for the country and how it will 'likely be the last election if he loses", after all, and at this point it can't be just about cars and nothing else. I doubt that you or many non-liberal people would give democrats the benefit of the doubt when they are talking about bloodbaths if they don't get their will, no matter the context.

I seem to remember you were, with some merit, angry at Schumer after a perceived threat to the SC, about whirlwinds and them "paying the price" and things like that. Many said it was clearly metaphorical and not a direct threat, however I rather agreed with you about the language used being quite incendiary nonetheless. Why is this instance so different.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 12:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: I usually agree with this view, but I have a hard time to do so in this specific instance. Even when he was indeed talking about cars before. Imho this is still, at the very least, fending the existing flames (flames already stoked by the same guy) in an irresponsible manner. He talked about a bloodbath for the country and how it will 'likely be the last election if he loses", after all, and at this point it can't be just about cars and nothing else. I doubt that you or many non-liberal people would give democrats the benefit of the doubt when they are talking about bloodbaths if they don't get their will, no matter the context.

Because a "bloodbath" is a common market term when things go radically south quickly.  If the stock market has a particularly bad day it will be described as a bloodbath.  Google stock market bloodbath and you'll get these article titles.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/topic/market-bloodbath

The market 'bloodbath is likely to continue' with investors set to lose tens of trillions over next decade, Nouriel Roubini says

https://www.financialexpress.com/market/bloodbath-on-d-street-sensex-plunges-1000-points-nifty-closes-below-22000-amidst-broad-sell-offnbsp-3424161/

His using this term is very consistent with discussing financial matters.  It literally has no connotation in that context other than a horrendous financial result.

Quote:I seem to remember you were, with some merit, angry at Schumer after a perceived threat to the SC, about whirlwinds and them "paying the price" and things like that. Many said it was clearly metaphorical and not a direct threat, however I rather agreed with you about the language used being quite incendiary nonetheless. Why is this instance so different.

It wasn't a perceived threat, it was a threat.  Schumer stated the following.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch; I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer roared Wednesday to a crowd of protesters angry over a Louisiana case before the court that threatens abortion rights. "You won't know what hit if you go forward with these awful decisions."

He uses threatening language and directly names two of the justices.  There is literally no way to interpret this other than a threat that bad things that will happen to them if they act "x" way.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 12:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So the crowd that is typically asking for context be added to selectively edited quotes now want to refuse to allow context to a 'gotcha' quote when it works to their advantage? Fascinating.  Mellow

It actually is fascinating, because, as I've repeatedly stated, Trump, when correctly quoted gives you plenty of ammunition to use against him.  But making things up, and this is already being amplified by Pelosi, actually makes Trump look better and makes his opponents look like idiots.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 12:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It actually is fascinating, because, as I've repeatedly stated, Trump when correctly quoted, give you plenty of ammunition to use against him.  But making things up, and this is already being amplified by Pelosi, actually makes Trump look better and makes his opponents look like idiots.

Not to mention hysterical and obsessed. When they should be focusing on bettering their own party from within, they continued to be fixated on every single word one specific individual says.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The legacy media wonders why no one trusts it anymore.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=0de2c0e88a68ba99&q=bloodbath&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFo5v31PuEAxXrO0QIHfbTDsoQt8YBKAF6BAgPEAU&biw=2560&bih=1318&dpr=1.5

The only accurate, and not intentionally misleading article title is from The Daily Beast, "Trump Declares It Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’ for Auto Industry if He’s Not Elected".

The legacy media cannot die soon enough.

[Image: GI36xS1WEAATO4r?format=jpg&name=small]

Reply/Quote
Knowingly and willingly being gas lit, helluva good time.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The legacy media wonders why no one trusts it anymore.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=0de2c0e88a68ba99&q=bloodbath&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFo5v31PuEAxXrO0QIHfbTDsoQt8YBKAF6BAgPEAU&biw=2560&bih=1318&dpr=1.5

The only accurate, and not intentionally misleading article title is from The Daily Beast, "Trump Declares It Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’ for Auto Industry if He’s Not Elected".

The legacy media cannot die soon enough.

[Image: GI36xS1WEAATO4r?format=jpg&name=small]

But “muh Faux News”, you see!
Reply/Quote
While I'll admit there was context, Trump intentionally uses violent metaphors and it's amusing that we are supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt on this after his former VP he almost got killed elected not to endorse him.

If he doesn't win it's going to be a *WINK WINK* bloodbath.  It's just a prank, bro!  Hell, I bet that whole "Civil War" his supporters are fantasizing about is really going to involve them killing liberals at Tecmo Bowl, or something. 
Reply/Quote
It is the hysterical fearmongering language. Everything is a disaster.

Just once, I would like to hear a positive message from Trump

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: While I'll admit there was context, Trump intentionally uses violent metaphors and it's amusing that we are supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt on this after his former VP he almost got killed elected not to endorse him.

If he doesn't win it's going to be a *WINK WINK* bloodbath.  It's just a prank, bro!  Hell, I bet that whole "Civil War" his supporters are fantasizing about is really going to involve them killing liberals at Tecmo Bowl, or something. 

Perhaps he should have warned that it'll be another "Black Tuesday", that way anyone aged 115 years or older will remember it like it was yesterday?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps he should have warned that it'll be another "Black Tuesday", that way anyone aged 115 years or older will remember it like it was yesterday?

I'd make a joke here, but we are a country where people born in the 1950s and later are openly pining for the good ol' days of the late 1800's at the earliest, so that message might not be as zany as you think.

On a side note regarding people's warped view of time and "good ol' days" the best stupid take on the Steelers getting rid of Pickett I saw on their message board came from a guy saying Pickett was soft because he got his feelings hurt because he was a millennial.  I'm 42 and I'm a millennial, so I find it funny that by that guy's metric every QB in the NFL now is soft and wimpy and apparently the Steelers need a QB who is over the age of 43.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd make a joke here, but we are a country where people born in the 1950s and later are openly pining for the good ol' days of the late 1800's at the earliest, so that message might not be as zany as you think.

On a side note regarding people's warped view of time and "good ol' days" the best stupid take on the Steelers getting rid of Pickett I saw on their message board came from a guy saying Pickett was soft because he got his feelings hurt because he was a millennial.  I'm 42 and I'm a millennial, so I find it funny that by that guy's metric every QB in the NFL now is soft and wimpy and apparently the Steelers need a QB who is over the age of 43.

Listen pal, I’ll be 42 in 3 months and I identify as Gen X. You can too!
Reply/Quote