Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-18-2024, 07:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So I withheld comment on this because I hadn't listened to it all. I actually refrained from reading anything or listening to clips. I haven't even read many of the posts talking about the comments. Here are my thoughts on the comments now that I listened to it. I can see arguments for both sides. I can understand the arguments from the Trump campaign that he was talking about an economic bloodbath. I think that is a very reasonable explanation. However, in listening to the recording I can perceive a tonal shift in his comments. He said that "will be the least of it" and it seems to me that he is saying the economic concerns will be the lesser concern compared to the bloodbath that would ensue. So even with the context of the speech I can see an argument for his advocation of political violence. In the end, only Trump knows what he meant.

I'll be honest, though, the more concerning language for me was when he made remarks about some immigrants not being considered people. That was some seriously concerning language.

The continued dehumanization of those he was wishes people to despise and all for political reason. And he claims he doesn’t see the parallels o his words and words from despots that led to previous attempts at genocide

Its ugly and hateful…and people will die because of it

Let’s not forget that Trump and his family have a long history of hiring illegal immigrants. Some were ven still employed during his Presidency. He’s doing it for votes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: I understand. But still, his exact words were “We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those guys if I get elected. Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole – that’s gonna be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it.”

You say that there's literally no different connotation than to the car industry, but I really did neither hear nor read it that way. He also says that'll be the least of it. He also later claims it will be the last election if he loses. Something that can be perceived in two ways really, as talking about car industry in an extremely hyperbolic manner (just, what does "that'll be the least of it" mean then) or as coded language, that all the people that are indeed willing to turn violent for him will just percieve as such. And others might feel intimitaded. While others say bloodbath is just a common economic term.

And this is not an isolated incident. Trump uses this two-way rhetoric all the time, there's incident over incident that might just be harmless, but might just not be. They got debated here time and again. Groups like the proud boys sure indeed put "stand by" on their shirts,actually take the hyperbolic interpretation and at the very least, Trump knows that. And with this knowledge, he'd have to choose his words more carefully if he really is appalled by the idea of violence if he loses, imho. And it's fine to disagree on that, it's just if you think me or Nati are hyperbolic I will counter that imho, you and many others are way too naive about the guy and his particular rhetorics and intentions. I hope you're right, btw.

I can understand your position, even if I don't agree.  I think this kind of reaction to this type of speech feeds the narrative that people get hysterical/overreact to things Trump says and deliberately misinterpret them.  Which I think only helps Trump.

Quote:Bad things, well, I can still find a way more harmless interpretation. A whirlwind means there will be many civil rights groups using all their constitutional rights to fight the decision, paying the price means justices will face tons of tough questions over that, and they might not have expected all that resistance. All things that well might be bad for them, but are fine. Now I do not read it that way, I think that was coded language as well and irresponsible as well, but it's not like one can only percieve Schumer's words as a personal threat. Imho that's the trick to get away with it, that it can be argued another way.

Here I cannot agree.  Schumer specifically cited two justices by name.  Of course Schumer phrased in a way with a slight amount of plausible deniability, he is a slimy politicians after all.  But his statement is far more blunt than Trump's and far less open to misinterpretation.  You can argue their different history all you want, the statement on its own is all one needs to condemn him.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 1. Man starts off speech saluting people imprisoned for an attack meant to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power
2. Man says there will be a bloodbath if he loses
3. Man says it will be the last election if he loses

Your positions seems a little odd. Quit lying to yourself.

Hey, dude you do you.  If you're down to help reelect the guy then who am I to convince you otherwise?

Reply/Quote
People will take this how they want to take it, but for what it's worth Trump has apparently addressed this issue today saying... 

“The Fake News Media, and their Democrat Partners in the destruction of our Nation, pretended to be shocked at my use of the word BLOODBATH, even though they fully understood that I was simply referring to imports allowed by Crooked Joe Biden, which are killing the automobile industry,” he wrote on his social media platform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/18/us/politics/trump-blood-bath-auto-industry.html
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: People will take this how they want to take it, but for what it's worth Trump has apparently addressed this issue today saying... 

“The Fake News Media, and their Democrat Partners in the destruction of our Nation, pretended to be shocked at my use of the word BLOODBATH, even though they fully understood that I was simply referring to imports allowed by Crooked Joe Biden, which are killing the automobile industry,” he wrote on his social media platform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/18/us/politics/trump-blood-bath-auto-industry.html

Ok, so, not promoting political violence just full of shit. Got it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Literally from Merriam Webster

bloodbath
noun
blood·​bath ˈbləd-ˌbath -ˌbäth
Synonyms of bloodbath
: a great slaughter
a
: a notably fierce, violent, or destructive contest or struggle
the campaign has become a bloodbath
b
: a major economic disaster
a market bloodbath

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bloodbath

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ok, so, not promoting political violence just full of shit. Got it.

You act like his being full of shit is new.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Literally from Merriam Webster

bloodbath
noun
blood·​bath ˈbləd-ˌbath -ˌbäth
Synonyms of bloodbath
: a great slaughter
a
: a notably fierce, violent, or destructive contest or struggle
the campaign has become a bloodbath
b
: a major economic disaster
a market bloodbath

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bloodbath

In context, you could quite easily perceive it either way from his speech. Again, only Trump knows his intended meaning.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You act like his being full of shit is new.

I know it's not, but it's just good to categorize what kind of talking point he is engaged in. Incoherent ramblings, bullshit, or hyperbolic propaganda intended to stir up his base.

Reply/Quote
Lot of that going on right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 09:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

I take this as a direct threat.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BtqtHpOXQYg?si=TlvaM0CleGeAzE9j

“If I don’t get elected it’s going to be a blood bath for the country”

It is sad people like you read headlines and trust liberal media to be accurate.

I am not reading every comment, but Trump was speaking of the auto industry. 

One more time Democrats and fake news media exposed with poor journalism to attempt to disqualify Trump. I have a friend who was at the speech in Vandalia. He voted for Obama, HRC and Biden. He considers himself a moderate Democrat. He is now a Trump fan because he is sick of the attacks on Trump. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just walked into the office and told everyone it would be a bloodbath if I don't get promoted.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:18 AM)pally Wrote: The continued dehumanization of those he was wishes people to despise and all for political reason. And he claims he doesn’t see the parallels o his words and words from despots that led to previous attempts at genocide

Its ugly and hateful…and people will die because of it

Let’s not forget that Trump and his family have a long history of hiring illegal immigrants.  Some were ven still employed during his Presidency. He’s doing it for votes

I thought you were for "newcomers" being able to work. Funny, you call them illegal immigrants in effort to paint Trump family doing something illegal, yet in numerous threads dismiss "illegal" calling them asylum seekers.  

Which are these people? Are they illegal immigrants or are they asylum seekers with a right to be here and work?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just walked into the office and told everyone it would be a bloodbath if I don't get promoted.

If that was all you said and you were not spending minutes speaking about the auto industry, that would be a problem.

It amazes me how Trump's comment was taken 100% out of context by numerous supposedly news organizations and the POTUS and after the facts come out Democrats defend them. Once again, Trump proves they are FAKE NEWS. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just walked into the office and told everyone it would be a bloodbath if I don't get promoted.

I just walked out of the bathroom and told everyone it was a bloodbath in there.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: People will take this how they want to take it, but for what it's worth Trump has apparently addressed this issue today saying... 

Why would he capitalize it? Is he trying to signal to his base??

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kczd48326l1l82eckbe...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If that was all you said and you were not spending minutes speaking about the auto industry, that would be a problem.

It amazes me how Trump's comment was taken 100% out of context by numerous supposedly news organizations and the POTUS and after the facts come out Democrats defend them. Once again, Trump proves they are FAKE NEWS. 

I find it equally interesting that Trump defenders will tell me that he told a mob to be peaceful and they went off and destroyed stuff and killed people, but when he says bloodbath we expect his dumbass supporters to understand his nuanced language and not take it as a call to violence. 

The fact that Trump does make statements that encourage violence also amusingly has liberals ready to instantly hit the BAD TRUMP button and conservatives ready to hit the HE DIDN'T MEAN THAT button.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:27 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here I cannot agree.  Schumer specifically cited two justices by name.  Of course Schumer phrased in a way with a slight amount of plausible deniability, he is a slimy politicians after all.  But his statement is far more blunt than Trump's and far less open to misinterpretation.  You can argue their different history all you want, the statement on its own is all one needs to condemn him.

Oh, you might have misread my intentions with this example. I widely agree with you on that one, Schumer's words warrant condemnation ('highly irresponsible at the very least', which is also what I would say about Trump here). What I was getting at - even though the examples are not all that similar - was depicting the mechanics at play, eg. what I mean when accusing Trump of using a certain, devious language that can be defended as harmless, but probably isn't. Just curious why you tend to give Trump the benefit of the doubt and not Schumer. Imho, both do not deserve it.

And while I might even agree that Schumer was indeeed a bit more blunt than Trump in these specific instances, Trump just is a repeated offender on that front and the list one could make about all his "plausibly deniable" statements is endless.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:03 AM)pally Wrote: On one hand they tell us he was good because he keeps his promises.  On the other, they say it’s just hyperbole when he talks like this.

He is becoming more and more unhinged every day

He's an insecure sociopath and the closer it gets to where he's going to lose his freedom by being held accountable for the first time in his life for the attack on our Capitol---The crazier and more reckless he will get.   In his mind, if he's going down then the whole country will go down in flames with him, and the reason why is b/c we will deserve it b/c he's the only one who can save us.  That's why he lied about having level 1 top-secret classified documents and then tried to hide them after he was politely asked to give them back---  

He did this to use as leverage if he needed it.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it equally interesting that Trump defenders will tell me that he told a mob to be peaceful and they went off and destroyed stuff and killed people, but when he says bloodbath we expect his dumbass supporters to understand his nuanced language and not take it as a call to violence. 

The fact that Trump does make statements that encourage violence also amusingly has liberals ready to instantly hit the BAD TRUMP button and conservatives ready to hit the HE DIDN'T MEAN THAT button.  

AND here I thought they were ANTIFA members masquerading as MAGA, but now they're patriots and political hostages? 

You just can't make this stuff up, eh?
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote