Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-18-2024, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought you were for "newcomers" being able to work. Funny, you call them illegal immigrants in effort to paint Trump family doing something illegal, yet in numerous threads dismiss "illegal" calling them asylum seekers.  

Which are these people? Are they illegal immigrants or are they asylum seekers with a right to be here and work?

Really?  Please find any post where I have advocated for undocumented workers to be able to work?  

Asylum Seekers: people who have crossed the border and presented themselves to authorities asking for refuge due to fears of persecution in their home country.  If accepted via initial interview they are LEGALLY admitted to country on a parole basis pending judicial reviews of their claims.  They are eventually legally allowed to work.

Undocumented workers/illegal immigrants: cross the border at any point avoiding authorities.  The have no legal status in the country and legally cannot work

Trump has hired undocumented workers with no legal authority to work in the country

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/trump-organization-undocumented-workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/5-questions-about-president-trumps-use-of-undocumented-workers/2019/12/04/29439928-16a2-11ea-a659-7d69641c6ff7_story.html

https://thehill.com/latino/429136-more-than-100-undocumented-immigrants-worked-at-trumps-bedminster-resort-during/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-two-undocumented-housekeepers-took-on-the-president--and-revealed-trumps-long-term-reliance-on-illegal-immigrants/2019/12/04/3dff5b5c-0a15-11ea-bd9d-c628fd48b3a0_story.html

https://time.com/5039109/donald-trump-undocumented-polish-trump-tower-bonwit-teller/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 03:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh, you might have misread my intentions with this example. I widely agree with you on that one, Schumer's words warrant condemnation ('highly irresponsible at the very least', which is also what I would say about Trump here). What I was getting at - even though the examples are not all that similar - was depicting the mechanics at play, eg. what I mean when accusing Trump of using a certain, devious language that can be defended as harmless, but probably isn't. Just curious why you tend to give Trump the benefit of the doubt and not Schumer. Imho, both do not deserve it.

And while I might even agree that Schumer was indeeed a bit more blunt than Trump in these specific instances, Trump just is a repeated offender on that front and the list one could make about all his "plausibly deniable" statements is endless.

Thank you for the clarification.  I would largely agree with the rest.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:28 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hey, dude you do you.  If you're down to help reelect the guy then who am I to convince you otherwise?

lol.

Coming from the dude who defends every move he makes.

He could wipe his ass with the American flag. I would be outraged. And there you would be to tell me I was over reacting and helping him get elected.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 07:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: lol.

Coming from the dude who defends every move he makes.

He could wipe his ass with the American flag. I would be outraged. And there you would be to tell me I was over reacting and helping him get elected.

At this point I am convinced that to be a modern leftist you literally have to have zero reading comprehension. It's amazingly consistent.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 06:21 PM)pally Wrote: Really?  Please find any post where I have advocated for undocumented workers to be able to work?  

Asylum Seekers: people who have crossed the border and presented themselves to authorities asking for refuge due to fears of persecution in their home country.  If accepted via initial interview they are LEGALLY admitted to country on a parole basis pending judicial reviews of their claims.  They are eventually legally allowed to work.

Undocumented workers/illegal immigrants: cross the border at any point avoiding authorities.  The have no legal status in the country and legally cannot work

Trump has hired undocumented workers with no legal authority to work in the country

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/trump-organization-undocumented-workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/5-questions-about-president-trumps-use-of-undocumented-workers/2019/12/04/29439928-16a2-11ea-a659-7d69641c6ff7_story.html

https://thehill.com/latino/429136-more-than-100-undocumented-immigrants-worked-at-trumps-bedminster-resort-during/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-two-undocumented-housekeepers-took-on-the-president--and-revealed-trumps-long-term-reliance-on-illegal-immigrants/2019/12/04/3dff5b5c-0a15-11ea-bd9d-c628fd48b3a0_story.html

https://time.com/5039109/donald-trump-undocumented-polish-trump-tower-bonwit-teller/

Well, what Trump did by hiring undocumented people to work for him is small potatoes compared to what Tyson Foods is in the process of doing right now.  They closed a plant in Iowa, and are now looking for another 42,000 *assylum seekers* and undocumented immigrants to hire, even offering free temporary housing, legal assistance, the whole red carpet treatment.  Thinks it's bullshit? Just look it up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13201583/Americas-meat-poultry-firm-BOYCOTTED-sacks-1-300-staff-Iowa-pork-plant-offers-job-lawyer-packages-bid-hire-42-000-asylum-seekers-New-York.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Left leaning fact checker Snopes rules Trump was speaking about a bloodbath for the economy.

But once again, Democrats lose more credibility, fake news CBS, NBC, Politico, MSNBC, CNN, WAPO all lose another piece of credibility. Biden and Pelosi are exposed again for what they are, liars and lose credibility.

Independents watch as Democrats use the same failed play book to take down Trump, sorry notworking, only making him stronger with his own base and Independents.

One more Trump hoax debunked within minutes. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, what Trump did by hiring undocumented people to work for him is small potatoes compared to what Tyson Foods is in the process of doing right now.  They closed a plant in Iowa, and are now looking for another 42,000 *assylum seekers* and undocumented immigrants to hire, even offering free temporary housing, legal assistance, the whole red carpet treatment.  Thinks it's bullshit? Just look it up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13201583/Americas-meat-poultry-firm-BOYCOTTED-sacks-1-300-staff-Iowa-pork-plant-offers-job-lawyer-packages-bid-hire-42-000-asylum-seekers-New-York.html

Tyson Foods is not owned by Trump, so they get a free pass from Democrats.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, what Trump did by hiring undocumented people to work for him is small potatoes compared to what Tyson Foods is in the process of doing right now.  They closed a plant in Iowa, and are now looking for another 42,000 *assylum seekers* and undocumented immigrants to hire, even offering free temporary housing, legal assistance, the whole red carpet treatment.  Thinks it's bullshit? Just look it up.

Tyson's has a long bad history of using undocumented and child labor but they donate to Republicans so nothing ever happens to them.

I have long advocated for going after the employers.  When the fines are so minuscule compared with the profits made with underpaid unbenefitted undoculmented labor there is no incentive for these employers to change their way.  End the jobs and you remove a big incentive for coming here

the 3 top industries for undocumented labor are
agriculture/food processing
restaurants and hospitality
construction

All 3 have very strong lobbying groups with deep pockets that they use to "persuade"  Congress not to do anything to truly endanger their work forces

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:01 PM)pally Wrote: Tyson's has a long bad history of using undocumented and child labor but they donate to Republicans so nothing ever happens to them.

I have long advocated for going after the employers.  When the fines are so minuscule compared with the profits made with underpaid unbenefitted undoculmented labor there is no incentive for these employers to change their way.  End the jobs and you remove a big incentive for coming here

the 3 top industries for undocumented labor are
agriculture/food processing
restaurants and hospitality
construction

All 3 have very strong lobbying groups with deep pockets that they use to "persuade"  Congress not to do anything to truly endanger their work forces

If Tyson's history of exploiting the underclass is as rich and storied as you claim, then why didn't the Democrats do anything about them all of the times that they were in charge?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 10:15 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure they are. Today's Puerto Ricans all possess federal statutory citizenship. They are not a souvereign nation, and they pay federal taxes.

Only those that live and work in the US are required to file taxes, they also get to vote.

Those that stay in Puerto Rico and their income is derived from PR are NOT required to file taxes with the US and don't get a vote.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 01:55 AM)pally Wrote: There are more American citizens living in Puerto Rico than in 20 full fledged states. Statehood and thus full Congressional representation is blocked from these tax payers because Republicans are afraid they can’t win an election there. Do they really know their ideas are so out if touch that they have no shot at convincing people to vote for them?

The citizens of Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, Guam, America Samoa, and the Marshall Islands are Americans. They deserve proper representation in Congress as state if we are going to tax them like every one else. And fear of who they would elect is a ridiculous reason to continue to disenfranchise them.

Trump in his speeches chooses words and language to stoke serious fear and to keep fanning the flames of anger and hate. He never paints a positive message. He never seeks to calm tensions. Ask his former associates, Michael Cohen speaks of it often, he uses language that on one hand seems ambiguous in order to give himself cover but at the same time allows his listeners to know exactly what he wants. It is one of the ways he’s been such a successful con artist.

Oh, and the candidate who called developmentally disabled people r******* actually called them f****** r*******

Aside from DC, residents of each of those countries that live and work in their home country are NOT required to pay federal taxes, only those Citizens that live and work in the US are and they get a vote. DC pays federal and their own special state tax, and they are allowed to vote.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Tyson's history of exploiting the underclass is as rich and storied as you claim, then why didn't the Democrats do anything about them all of the times that they were in charge?

Looks like they went after Tyson in 2001 (Bush) but I'd assume the work began under Clinton, with a republican congress.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tyson-foods-acquitted-of-illegal-hiring/

Tyson won that case.  I'm going to add my assumption that sometime in 2001 the governments attention got diverted.   Mellow

The current administration is also looking into their hiring practices.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/25/1201524399/child-labor-perdue-farms-tyson-foods-investigation

We also have to remember that Sonny Perdue was in the Trump administration.  My wife met him thanks to her work with the Foodbank.

https://www.americanoversight.org/investigation/sonny-perdues-ties-to-his-family-business

As most article say, the hiring of immigrants w/o proper working papers is an "open secret". We have it locally in SW PA and we don't have a huge immigrant population here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 09:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

I take this as a direct threat.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BtqtHpOXQYg?si=TlvaM0CleGeAzE9j

“If I don’t get elected it’s going to be a blood bath for the country”

He was using this in reference to ecomonics of the auto industry not threaten people please learn context and reading the whole message
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was using this in reference to ecomonics of the auto industry not threaten people please learn context and reading the whole message

I finally heard the quote yesterday...in context.

That's *probably* what he meant.  But the qualifier "that will be least of it" makes me think he was at a minimum implying that not only will the auto industry get destroyed without him but that the entire country will be see a "bloodbath".  Maybe he meant economically.  Maybe not.  But he certainly, to borrow a phrase, "phrased in a way with a slight amount of plausible deniability, he is a slimy politicians after all."

On top of that though, and lost in all this, his plan for the auto industry is bad too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 10:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: I finally heard the quote yesterday...in context.

That's *probably* what he meant.  But the qualifier "that will be least of it" makes me think he was at a minimum implying that not only will the auto industry get destroyed without him but that the entire country will be see a "bloodbath".  Maybe he meant economically.  Maybe not.  But he certainly, to borrow a phrase, "phrased in a way with a slight amount of plausible deniability, he is a slimy politicians after all."

On top of that though, and lost in all this, his plan for the auto industry is bad too.

Whoever coined that phrase is a smart person.  In the Trump case I'd give him more than a "slight amount" of plausible deniability, considering he was using the terms directly as defined by the dictionary and all.  The fact we're even discussing this quote at all is indicative of how much Trump trolls the legacy media, who make it shockingly easy for him, and how eager some of you are to be spoon fed the pablum they offer up without any critical thought.  I could add, then projecting that exact quality onto anyone who disagrees with you in the slightest, but I don't want to get off track.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 09:32 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Only those that live and work in the US are required to file taxes, they also get to vote.

Those that stay in Puerto Rico and their income is derived from PR are NOT required to file taxes with the US and don't get a vote.

Fair enough, that seems to be accurate. To me, it still does not make it ok to deny US citizens of a certain region representation and the right to vote. Plenty of people all around the US do not pay federal income tax and still are granted this basic citizen right.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was using this in reference to ecomonics of the auto industry not threaten people please learn context and reading the whole message

(03-19-2024, 11:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Whoever coined that phrase is a smart person.  In the Trump case I'd give him more than a "slight amount" of plausible deniability, considering he was using the terms directly as defined by the dictionary and all.  The fact we're even discussing this quote at all is indicative of how much Trump trolls the legacy media, who make it shockingly easy for him, and how eager some of you are to be spoon fed the pablum they offer up without any critical thought.  I could add, then projecting that exact quality onto anyone who disagrees with you in the slightest, but I don't want to get off track.

He started off the speech by saluting criminals in prison for assaulting the capitol of YOUR country and attempting to interfere in the peaceful transfer of power because he lost.

He went on to say it would be a blood bath if he lost.

He also said it would be the last election in this country if he lost.

He also gave a speech right before that mob assaulted our capitol and looked to hang our elected officials and interfere in our democracy. I’m gonna guess you guys give him a pass for that speech too. Your partisanship blinds you to an evil power hungry man willing to burn the country down if he doesn’t get his way.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 01:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He started off the speech by saluting criminals in prison for assaulting the capitol of YOUR country and attempting to interfere in the peaceful transfer of power because he lost.

Sure, but that's not what we're talking about.

Quote:He went on to say it would be a blood bath if he lost.

For the auto industry, yes.

Quote:He also said it would be the last election in this country if he lost.

Yes, he's using the same scare tactic frequently used by the left.  

Quote:He also gave a speech right before that mob assaulted our capitol and looked to hang our elected officials and interfere in our democracy. I’m gonna guess you guys give him a pass for that speech too.

Are we discussing that speech (you'd have to post the specific one is we are to discuss it) too, or are we just discussing the actual topic of the thread?

Quote:Your partisanship blinds you to an evil power hungry man willing to burn the country down if he doesn’t get his way.

First off, I'm not seeing any partisanship from either of us in this thread.  The only appeals to emotion I'm seeing in this thread are coming from left leaning posters and yourself.  I don't know if you consider yourself left leaning, I think you just really hate Trump.  Consequently, I don't think your judgment is sound when it comes to issues concerning him.  Your interpretation of my position certainly isn't.  I won't presume to speak for Xeno.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 01:14 PM)hollodero Wrote: Fair enough, that seems to be accurate. To me, it still does not make it ok to deny US citizens of a certain region representation and the right to vote. Plenty of people all around the US do not pay federal income tax and still are granted this basic citizen right.

Who?
People that live in the US? Again if people from those countries live in the US they are allowed to register and vote in their local elections and for the POTUS.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who?

? As far as I can gather, many people are exempt from paying federal income tax for one reason or another. On a quick search, I found this site that claims 28% of households pay no net federal taxes.
Reply/Quote