Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(09-05-2015, 10:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-05-2015, 05:48 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Like I said, I dismiss everything people on message boards have to say about their personal lives out of hand, and if you had a lick of intelligence (which you do not appear to), I'd expect you'd do the same.

Yeah, it takes a real intelligent person to beg his government masters to punish those that are more successful to make it fair.

I know it's so hard to make it in life with those big evil corporations and faux news keeping you down.  You probably got picked last in gym class, too.
(09-05-2015, 10:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The government loaned you the money you needed to go to school.

Sorry Hans, wrong guess.  Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can REALLY change?
(09-05-2015, 10:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Conservatives are more miserable than liberals.  All they do is cry about taxes, poor people, and immigrants.

Good, go find a conservative and tell this to them.  
(09-06-2015, 01:19 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Sorry Hans, wrong guess.  Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can REALLY change?

Listen, I don't really care.  I don't believe a thing you say.  You remind me of one of my very good friends.  He has worked hard and done well for himself,  But that is not good enough.  Instead he is like you and has to try and act like he never got any help from anyone.  But since we have been friends a long time I know for a fact that his in-laws not only helped him and his wife with a down payment on their house, but also helped them pay off some credit card debt.

So there is really no reason for me to believe anything you say.  In fact you could just be a total troll.  You certainly fit the mold.  You never really discuss any issues in depth.  Instead you just hurl insults and use the most immature inflammatory language possible.  It is like you just want to argue and stir up the pot more than have any real discussion about issues.

And even though you claim that you don't watch Fox News, you have clearly been subject to the exact same echo chamber speaking points.  You have them down perfectly.
(09-06-2015, 01:18 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yeah, it takes a real intelligent person to beg his government masters to punish those that are more successful to make it fair.

I know it's so hard to make it in life with those big evil corporations and faux news keeping you down.  You probably got picked last in gym class, too.

Incredible how much you believe you know about me. Impress me by letting me know what evidence you have that I have not "made it in life". My political positions? Because it would seem to an intelligent person that it's pretty presumptuous to draw such a bizarre conclusion merely because I'm not as much of a delusional narcissist (or as you call it, "a libertarian") as you are. Then again, that's an intelligent person. Have you ever considered the remote possibility that some people (certainly not you) actually care about people other than themselves?

Also, more platitudes aka bumper sticker slogans. Remember: I don't say that to annoy you; I say that because it is truly the level of your communication abilities, which I find more sad than funny.
(09-06-2015, 01:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Listen, I don't really care.  I don't believe a thing you say.  You remind me of one of my very good friends.  He has worked hard and done well for himself,  But that is not good enough.  Instead he is like you and has to try and act like he never got any help from anyone.  But since we have been friends a long time I know for a fact that his in-laws not only helped him and his wife with a down payment on their house, but also helped them pay off some credit card debt.

So there is really no reason for me to believe anything you say.  In fact you could just be a total troll.  You certainly fit the mold.  You never really discuss any issues in depth.  Instead you just hurl insults and use the most immature inflammatory language possible.  It is like you just want to argue and stir up the pot more than have any real discussion about issues.

And even though you claim that you don't watch Fox News, you have clearly been subject to the exact same echo chamber speaking points.  You have them down perfectly.

His "I bet you got picked last in gym class" comment pretty much made my mind up. 99% chance he's a troll. The other 1% is that he is a very sick individual in desperate need of therapy.
(09-06-2015, 01:48 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: His "I bet you got picked last in gym class" comment pretty much made my mind up. 99% chance he's a troll. The other 1% is that he is a very sick individual in desperate need of therapy.

I have noticed that most of the people who are so extreme about never receiving any benefit from the government have self esteem issues.  It is like they have to overcompensate for their feelings of inadequacy by roaring about how they don't need any help from anyone.

But anyone who has ever studied any history understands that every single person needs government regulations to protect them from being exploited and/or oppressed by the people with all the money. 
(09-06-2015, 01:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have noticed that most of the people who are so extreme about never receiving any benefit from the government have self esteem issues.  It is like they have to overcompensate for their feelings of inadequacy by roaring about how they don't need any help from anyone.

But anyone who has ever studied any history understands that every single person needs government regulations to protect them from being exploited and/or oppressed by the people with all the money. 

I have noticed the same. Most of these so-called libertarian types I've met suffer from severe narcissism issues.
(09-06-2015, 02:10 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I have noticed the same. Most of these so-called libertarian types I've met suffer from severe narcissism issues.

Guilty as charged!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Wow.... the little wolf-pack is certainly out today.

I can see the bragging now.......
"Dear Tumbler, I really schooled a white, cis, libertarian pig today. Damn it feels good to be gangsta!".
(09-06-2015, 01:37 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Incredible how much you believe you know about me. Impress me by letting me know what evidence you have that I have not "made it in life". My political positions? Because it would seem to an intelligent person that it's pretty presumptuous to draw such a bizarre conclusion merely because I'm not as much of a delusional narcissist (or as you call it, "a libertarian") as you are. Then again, that's an intelligent person. Have you ever considered the remote possibility that some people (certainly not you) actually care about people other than themselves?

Also, more platitudes aka bumper sticker slogans. Remember: I don't say that to annoy you; I say that because it is truly the level of your communication abilities, which I find more sad than funny.

You don't know anything about me either or my compassion for people.  You assume that because I'm not for government largess and wealth redistribution that I don't care about people.  I've donated a lot of money and time to various causes, but I do that on a voluntary basis, because I choose to...not because government forces me to. 

My daughter is 14, and over the summer instead of sleeping until noon and playing xbox like many of her peers, she spent the bulk of her summer break volunteering at nursing homes. 

I think it's rather short-sighted, ignorant, and disingenuous to believe that your overreaching government programs are somehow compassionate, especially considering that they encourage people to do less for themselves.  
(09-06-2015, 01:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have noticed that most of the people who are so extreme about never receiving any benefit from the government have self esteem issues.  It is like they have to overcompensate for their feelings of inadequacy by roaring about how they don't need any help from anyone.

I drove my car on a public road last night, so I must love big government.   Rolleyes
(09-06-2015, 09:32 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: You don't know anything about me either or my compassion for people.

You assume that because I'm not for government largess and wealth redistribution that I don't care about people.  I've donated a lot of money and time to various causes, but I do that on a voluntary basis, because I choose to...not because government forces me to. 

My daughter is 14, and over the summer instead of sleeping until noon and playing xbox like many of her peers, she spent the bulk of her summer break volunteering at nursing homes. 

I think it's rather short-sighted, ignorant, and disingenuous to believe that your overreaching government programs are somehow compassionate, especially considering that they encourage people to do less for themselves. 

I think I can make a pretty good guess as to your level of compassion for others based upon your regular use of breastfeeding metaphors and the word "idiots" to describe anybody who has ever accepted any form of government assistance (other than the forms of government assistance you personally support).

More personal stories; see earlier posts.

No proof whatsoever for your "encourage people to do less for themselves" canard.

It is completely short-sighted, ignorant and disingenuous to believe that anybody who's ever collected an unemployment check or used a food stamp is simply a lazy idiot with no sense of personal responsibility or self-reliance.
(09-06-2015, 09:50 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: No proof whatsoever for your "encourage people to do less for themselves" canard.

Do you even know how these programs work?  Are you aware that there are income requirements and limitations in order to qualify for these programs, and that the vast majority of social programs use sliding scales based on income level to determine how much you get?

These programs are great at doing one thing, keeping people dependent on them so they'll keep voting for a certain political party. 

They don't solve anything.  They don't encourage people to do more.  Quite the opposite, in fact. 

Yeah, but you care about people more than I do, simply because you encourage government to take more of someone's money and giving it to other people. 
(09-06-2015, 10:03 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Do you even know how these programs work?  Are you aware that there are income requirements and limitations in order to qualify for these programs, and that the vast majority of social programs use sliding scales based on income level to determine how much you get?

These programs are great at doing one thing, keeping people dependent on them so they'll keep voting for a certain political party. 

They don't solve anything.  They don't encourage people to do more.  Quite the opposite, in fact. 

Yeah, but you care about people more than I do, simply because you encourage government to take more of someone's money and giving it to other people. 

You haven't offered any hard evidence of this culture of dependency you allege. I read a Heritage Foundation study that alleged this same thing a while back, and to my utter non-surprise, it was completely fallacious in its methodology. You will need to prove this in some way other than simply describing the mechanics of social programs and essentially saying "See? That makes people dependent, because I don't see how it wouldn't".
(09-06-2015, 09:50 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It is completely short-sighted, ignorant and disingenuous to believe that anybody who's ever collected an unemployment check or used a food stamp is simply a lazy idiot with no sense of personal responsibility or self-reliance.

Maybe, maybe not, but as someone who works with the poor on a daily basis (i work for a social service charitable organization), I can tell you that the vast majority are people who live off the system. People who COULD work, but choose not to (what I would describe as lazy) and people with no sense of personal responsibility (considering all the government programs out there, all it takes is some basic budgeting, and they could easily make ends meet). The people I see day in and day out, NO ONE would ever describe them as self-reliant (generally speaking, of course).

Not everyone is lazy or dependent, but the majority I've seen in 7 different cities in 4 states are.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-06-2015, 09:50 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I think I can make a pretty good guess as to your level of compassion for others based upon your regular use of breastfeeding metaphors and the word "idiots" to describe anybody who has ever accepted any form of government assistance (other than the forms of government assistance you personally support).

More personal stories; see earlier posts.

No proof whatsoever for your "encourage people to do less for themselves" canard.

It is completely short-sighted, ignorant and disingenuous to believe that anybody who's ever collected an unemployment check or used a food stamp is simply a lazy idiot with no sense of personal responsibility or self-reliance.

You're just upset his personal stories are better than yours.

You guys on the left continue to make these unreasonable charges against those that don't agree with you, which puts them in a position of always having to defend themselves against nothing, making it appear like they must be guilty of something. The liberal media uses that tactic all the time. Neat trick.

Can you point to the post where he said anybody who's ever collected an unemployment check or used a food stamp is simply a lazy idiot with no sense of personal responsibility or self-reliance?

And if you believe that no such animal exists, then I can make the case that you are clueless or in pretty serious denial.

Need I post the video of the single woman with 15 kids demanding that someone else, in her own words "needs to be accountable"?
(09-06-2015, 09:32 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: You don't know anything about me either or my compassion for people.  You assume that because I'm not for government largess and wealth redistribution that I don't care about people.  I've donated a lot of money and time to various causes, but I do that on a voluntary basis, because I choose to...not because government forces me to. 

And here is a perfect example of why I don't believe anything that any claims on a message board. 

In other threads Jake has repeatedly bragged about how helping the poor is none of his business and that his ONLY responsibility was taking care of his family.  Then he goes off about helping the poor just makes them more lazy and dependent.

But when he gets called out he suddenly changes his entire story and claims he is compassionate and does help the poor. So basically he claims he is encouraging the poor to remain poor at the same time that he squeals about how bad that is.

Funny that he would claim I know nothing about his compassion for other people when he has already told everyone how he feels in other threads.
(09-06-2015, 10:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe, maybe not, but as someone who works with the poor on a daily basis (i work for a social service charitable organization), I can tell you that the vast majority are people who live off the system. People who COULD work, but choose not to (what I would describe as lazy) and people with no sense of personal responsibility (considering all the government programs out there, all it takes is some basic budgeting, and they could easily make ends meet). The people I see day in and day out, NO ONE would ever describe them as self-reliant (generally speaking, of course).

Not everyone is lazy or dependent, but the majority I've seen in 7 different cities in 4 states are.

This is correct.

The human race has always had some who are weak and some who are strong.  So when you have a capitalist society with lim ited number of jobs and resources the weaker ones are going to be the ones that don't have jobs or can't take care of themselves.

If cutting off benefits would suddenly mean that these people would all be able to get jobs and support themselves then I would be in favor of cutting off benefits.  But the fact is that even if everyone of these people worked as hard as they could they still would not have well paying jobs.  there simple are not enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one.

So the question is "What do we do with the poor?".  To we let them suffer, starve, and live in unhealthy filthy conditions, or do we provide them with a place to live and some food to eat?