Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
This deserves its own thread, I'm thinking, because there will be very noisy RW backlash. Lots of material over the coming weeks.

First the MSM:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/30/trump-ny-indictment/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/manhattan-grand-jury-voted-whether-indict-trump-rcna73588
https://www.npr.org/live-updates/donald-trump-indictment-arrest-new-york
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-allies-erupt-fury-former-presidents-indictment-rcna77523
https://apnews.com/article/trump-hush-money-new-york-indictment-election-027d0e5ac1881a4c55c6379deae75faa

Then some notes on Tucker, whom I'm watching right now.

Guest Dan Bongino is shocked because we are now living in a fully developed police state, while the banner below announces
the U.S. has become a "bananna republic."

Disgraced Illinois governor Blagoyevich  concurs, and spent 5 minutes explaining how he was falsely accused of trying to sell Obama's
senate seat and spent 15 years in prison. Same deal now for Trump. (T. hopes more Dems will come forward to put county before party.)

Glen Beck is the best so far, discussing the "timing" of the indictment at the moment Brazil, China and Iran have created a work-around-the dollar agreement; plus Dems will come after our guns again after the last school shooting; we will be at war soon with Iran and China; this is a deliberate provocation to the American people, they want the Right to respond violently; the U.S. is shuffling into oblivion like the aging Biden, etc. The country we grew up in is officially gone.

A black pastor (? whose name I missed) from Tennessee mixes this in with trans shooting--the country is run by godless people who have turned it into a "communist marxist" dictatorship. The guy says he has never voted before, but he will now.  

Comedian Adam Carolla thinks "the left"--Obama, lebron James, the ladies on The View, need to "stand up" here.

After watching all this, I get the feeling that if Trump can be indicted for violating election laws, probably anyone could be. 

Watching Trump's lawyer and Dershowitz on Hannity now, with his live audience (a new and kind of scary innovation).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It only took 6 years for them to find something Trump was guilty of. Turns out half the politicians in Washington are guilty of the same thing.

Facts:

Trump is not guilty of abuse of power
Trump did not break any laws as president

Democrats are so ***** scared of what this man can do in office they'll chase him down for his business dealings decades ago.

Did he break laws? Probably. Does that make him a bad president? Absofuckinglutely not. This is all just a distraction. Trump is guilty of "business fraud" which every ***** democrat...including nancy pelosi...is guilty of.

This is the perfect example of why the democratic party is garbage.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: It only took 6 years for them to find something Trump was guilty of.  Turns out half the politicians in Washington are guilty of the same thing.  

Facts:

Democrats are so ***** scared of what this man can do in office they'll chase him down for his business dealings decades ago.

Did he break laws?  Probably.  Does that make him a bad president?  Absofuckinglutely not.  This is all just a distraction.  Trump is guilty of "business fraud" which every ***** democrat...including nancy pelosi...is guilty of.

What exactly did the Democratic party have to do with this?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: It only took 6 years for them to find something Trump was guilty of.  Turns out half the politicians in Washington are guilty of the same thing.  

Facts:

Did he break laws?  Probably.  Does that make him a bad president?  Absofuckinglutely not.  This is all just a distraction.  Trump is guilty of "business fraud" which every ***** democrat...including nancy pelosi...is guilty of.

Well, yes. That is what they are saying on Hannity now. I'm hearing all about how this Soros-backed power grab is just another example (somehow?) of elites getting away with their destruction of democracy. "Hillary Clinton got a pass" etc. 

But it is hardly a "fact" that Trump is not guilty of abuse of power. 
I have read the transcripts of his calls to Zelensky and to the Georgia Sec. of State, and I'm aware of how he used his office to attempt a coup. I'm not sure it was legal to spread a lie that the election was stolen, with insurrection and deaths following. . . .
Half the politicians in Washington are NOT guilty of this, right? 

Do you mean he is not guilty in just this case? 

Perhaps we should wait to read the indictment and see how the trial plays out?   
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: What exactly did the Democratic party have to do with this?

Come on dude.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, yes. That is what they are saying on Hannity now. I'm hearing all about how this Soros-backed power grab is just another example (somehow?) of elites getting away with their destruction of democracy. "Hillary Clinton got a pass" etc. 

But it is hardly a "fact" that Trump is not guilty of abuse of power. 
I have read the transcripts of his calls to Zelensky and to the Georgia Sec. of State, and I'm aware of how he used his office to attempt a coup. I'm not sure it was legal to spread a lie that the election was stolen, with insurrection and deaths following. . . .
Half the politicians in Washington are NOT guilty of this, right? 

Do you mean he is not guilty in just this case? 

Perhaps we should wait to read the indictment and see how the trial plays out?   

Trump was indicted for things he did outside of his political career.  

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be indicted.

I'm saying the democrat party is so ***** dilusional they need this.

They couldn't get him on Russia
They couldn't get him on the hooker 
They couldn't get him on countless other things...

oh but, praise jesus....they got him on "business dealings" from decades ago.

It's a witch hunt.  
Reply/Quote

Facts:

He LOST the popular vote in 2016. He LOST both the popular and electoral votes in 2020.  He would lose in 2024.  He is NOT gaining voters.

And just think, he has charges in his Georgia election interference waiting in the wings.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Facts:

You know Fox has admitted they're not a news source but purely entertainment.  If you keep quoting their takes, you're making a fool of yourself.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:39 PM)pally Wrote: He LOST the popular vote in 2016. He LOST both the popular and electoral votes in 2020.  He would lose in 2024.  He is NOT gaining voters.

And just think, he has charges in his Georgia election interference waiting in the wings.

The electoral college setup is a fraud in itself...but we aren't here to talk about that.   

Nothing I said in my previous post is false.  Democrats are obsessed with Trump and convicting him of atrocities they have been guilty with for decades.  

The saying goes:

If you're a republican before 25, you have no heart.  If you're a democrat after 35, you have no brain.  

Common sense has left the conversation.  
Reply/Quote
If Trump is still the GOP nominee and he's actually convicted and imprisoned in any form, I promise I'll vote for him.

(03-30-2023, 10:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: If you're a republican before 25, you have no heart.  If you're a democrat after 35, you have no brain. 

If republicans had brains they'd drop the Jesus freaks and be libertarians. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: You know Fox has admitted they're not a news source but purely entertainment.  If you keep quoting their takes, you're making a fool of yourself.

Can you just give it a rest with the Fox hate?  I've said multiple times I get my primary news from CNN....if you're content on being a tool and bringing up Fox over and over then that's fine but that's not where i get my news.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: The electoral college setup is a fraud in itself...but we aren't here to talk about that.   

Nothing I said in my previous post is false.  Democrats are obsessed with Trump and convicting him of atrocities they have been guilty with for decades.  

The saying goes:

If you're a republican before 25, you have no heart.  If you're a democrat after 35, you have no brain.  

Common sense has left the conversation.  

Only you and MAGA have it going on, eh?

You're in for a hard frustrating next 30 years.

FYI - I'm a conservative Republican.....but I grew up in politics in a political family and I know bullshyt when I hear and see it, and Trump has been hanging out of a bulls ass for the last 50 years, but you go ahead and keep shoveling it up for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:47 PM)basballguy Wrote: Can you just give it a rest with the Fox hate?  I've said multiple times I get my primary news from CNN....if you're content on being a tool and bringing up Fox over and over then that's fine but that's not where i get my news.

Then why are you defending fox?

On a side note:
And careful with the name calling.....that could get you sent to the mod naughty room.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:47 PM)basballguy Wrote: Can you just give it a rest with the Fox hate?  I've said multiple times I get my primary news from CNN....if you're content on being a tool and bringing up Fox over and over then that's fine but that's not where i get my news.

I don't buy that this is a fear-based witch hunt because Trump has gleefully committed and admitted to criminal action for decades going back to when he was a Clinton-hugging democrat elitist from NYC.  Also, liberals know the only way Biden can win is for Trump to be on the ticket as the GOP candidate or wrecking things for DeSantis as a 3rd party spoiler.

I don't buy the fear nor the notion that anyone would have to synthesize a reason for Trump to liable to face a trial.  Just my 2 cents.  He won't get charged with anything, because any jury representative of the US populace would include 3 or 4 people who would help Trump murder their mother. 

Also, Trump can run on a platform of pardoning himself, can't he?  And unlike most presidential candidates where that would seem like a terrible or insane thing, his followers will love it.  Hell, if DeSantis gets the GOP nod he's going to run on pardoning Trump too, or else someone will kill him.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:37 PM)basballguy Wrote: Trump was indicted for things he did outside of his political career.  

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be indicted.

I'm saying the democrat party is so ***** dilusional they need this.

They couldn't get him on Russia
They couldn't get him on the hooker 
They couldn't get him on countless other things...

oh but, praise jesus....they got him on "business dealings" from decades ago.

It's a witch hunt.  

I still want to wait and see what the indictment actually says before defending or condemning or condemning it. Cohen went to prison for acting at the direction of "individual 1," so I'm looking for why the law which caught Cohen doesn't apply to Trump. 

"They" couldn't get Trump on obstruction of the Russia investigation or the two impeachments because the GOP blocked the prosecutions, much the same way as Russia blocks Security Council condemnation of the Ukraine war. None of that was a "witch hunt." 

Just as a matter of record though, "They" have gotten Trump on a few things. He had to settle the discrimination suit back in the '70s, file for bankruptcy 5 times, pay back students for the Trump university grift, and pay a 2 million fine for his charity scam, and I think investigation is still going on into his scamming followers for 250 million with the election lie. It was when he became president that he became untouchable, while using the office for private gain.

I see Fox as pretty much the origin of the "They couldn't get him on . . . so witch hunt " framing, which is applied to every new violation of the law. E.g., most recently the stealing and withholding of classified documents.  

We really need to stick to the law and facts whenever considering these cases. You agree with that, right? In this case we are talking about someone who often breaks the law out loud, sometimes even during public interviews.  A lawyer's nightmare. MakeAttorneysGetAttorneys, they say.
Reply/Quote
Sad day for America. Don't shed a tear when the radical right (not me) start eliminating Democrats with force. Democrats have been firing shots at the POTUS and now former POTUS Donald J. Trump since 2016.

Anyone with a sense a fairness would only argue for Trump being arrested if they also agreed HRC, Joe Biden and family and many Democratic politicians should also be arrested.

This is just crazy to take a state law and try to charge a federal crime against the leader of the Republican party, the man leading for 2024 nomination. It is just one more case of election interference.

Big mistake as some like me were going to take their vote and their money and give it DeSantis. If you would like to donate like I just did to Trump defense fund, just go to:
donaldjtrump.com to donate. I just donated also to his reelection fund, he got a voter today he did not have in 2020. I am sure I am not alone.

Sad day and more sadly, this is going to lead to an all out war from extremes in both parties.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:34 PM)basballguy Wrote: Come on dude.

Come on dude. What involvement does the Democratic Party have with this proceeding?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't buy that this is a fear-based witch hunt because Trump has gleefully committed and admitted to criminal action for decades going back to when he was a Clinton-hugging democrat elitist from NYC.  Also, liberals know the only way Biden can win is for Trump to be on the ticket as the GOP candidate or wrecking things for DeSantis as a 3rd party spoiler.

I don't buy the fear nor the notion that anyone would have to synthesize a reason for Trump to liable to face a trial.  Just my 2 cents.  He won't get charged with anything, because any jury representative of the US populace would include 3 or 4 people who would help Trump murder their mother. 

Agree with the first bolded. 

Fear you may be right about the second. Like trying to convict a klansman in the segregated South maybe.  But it's NY. We'll see.

(03-30-2023, 10:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Also, Trump can run on a platform of pardoning himself, can't he?  And unlike most presidential candidates where that would seem like a terrible or insane thing, his followers will love it.  Hell, if DeSantis gets the GOP nod he's going to run on pardoning Trump too, or else someone will kill him.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious The bolded here captures the surreal nightmare of politics since Trump, the inversion of "normal."
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Come on dude. What involvement does the Democratic Party have with this proceeding?

We can start with 95% of Manhatten residents are Democrats as is the Soros hand picked DA.

The DOJ looked at the case and said not enough evidence. The DA ran on indicting Trump, look it up. He had an indictment in mind with zero evidence when he made the campaign promise.

The definition of a political with hunt, only a far left Democrat would not see  it that way.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sad day for America. Don't shed a tear when the radical right (not me) start eliminating Democrats with force. Democrats have been firing shots at the POTUS and now former POTUS Donald J. Trump since 2016.

Anyone with a sense a fairness would only argue for Trump being arrested if they also agreed HRC, Joe Biden and family and many Democratic politicians should also be arrested.

This is just crazy to take a state law and try to charge a federal crime against the leader of the Republican party, the man leading for 2024 nomination. It is just one more case of election interference.

I think Democrats have been "firing shots" at Trump because he has been breaking the law.

And I don't think it "crazy" to charge anyone for breaking the law, regardless of social/political standing.

So a rule-of-law question--if Trump actually has committed the crimes he is charged with, do you think he should be treated like the rest of us,

or should he get a pass because was president and is the GOP party leader?
Reply/Quote