Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
(04-04-2023, 11:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sure. Slap a public figure tag on them and put ‘em under the hot lamp. If they’re not on “my team” anyway! Then that’s off limits.

You seem to have missed Dino's point.

In the Thomas case, he was sitting in judgment on his wife's activities. That is worthy of investigation on that count alone.

In the case of Trump's judge, for all we know the wife and daughter are just private citizens going about their business,
but are now placed in the MAGA bullseye by right wing Congresspersons. 

So this is not about Dems putting a judge's close relations under a "hot lamp" just because they play for the other team. 

Rather, it is about Mob-style intimidation of civil servants direct a legal process to influence their judgment. 

The problem with the country now is that millions of people are no longer able to determine whether behavior is illegal or even unethical,

without direction from Trump and Fox. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 09:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:
Fair question or no?

The results are in. NOT a fair question
Reply/Quote
I thought the gop was against this kind of thing?

[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 10:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The results are in. NOT a fair question

It is.  It was answered fairly.  Just because you didn't like the answers doesn't mean they were necessarily wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 10:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The results are in. NOT a fair question

It's not a lack of fairness. It's that there is a false equivalency there. It's a fallacious argument.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 10:16 AM)Dill Wrote: The problem with the country now is that millions of people are no longer able to determine whether behavior is illegal or even unethical,

without direction from Trump and Fox. 

People know unethical behavior when they see it, they just let it get lost in the team sport that is politics.  People who think Trump's playboy lifestyle is no big or deal or even admirable also know Bill Clinton and Hunter Biden are sleazy sexual deviants who are unfit for their jobs due to their amoral personalities.  People who think 1/6 was no big deal know smashing windows and fighting the police are wrong because they will tell you that BLM did it.

It's the political carousel akin to fans of the AFC North teams pointing out how they only care when someone on the roster of the other teams is a sex offender or woman-beater, and blah blah blah.

People are the politically motivated ones.  Go find someone who thinks Bill Clinton or Trump didn't do anything all that wrong and tell them you want to set their daughter up with a nice fella who has 30 women accusing him of sexual misconduct, but all those women are liars and see how receptive they are.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 10:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: I thought the gop was against this kind of thing?

Conservatives - Trump is getting arrested!  This is going to make him way more popular and more likely to win in 2024!

Also conservatives - Let's see if we can get Biden arrested, too!

Hmm, are they admitting only one side of the political coin thinks being arrested is a good quality in a candidate?
Reply/Quote
Sounds like 1st and 2nd amendments. Law and Order is a one way street.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 11:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives - Trump is getting arrested!  This is going to make him way more popular and more likely to win in 2024!

Also conservatives - Let's see if we can get Biden arrested, too!

Hmm, are they admitting only one side of the political coin thinks being arrested is a good quality in a candidate?

Assign a judge whose daughter who worked on a Trump campaign, just to test a theory I have. Is that asking for too much? LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Assign a judge whose daughter who worked on a Trump campaign, just to test a theory I have. Is that asking for too much? LOL

Trump has been shot down by multiple judges he himself appointed, including all 3 of his SC picks. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump has been shot down by multiple judges he himself appointed, including all 3 of his SC picks. 

Yeah, but whom did their DAUGHTERS support?  And were any of those daughters hand-picked by Soros?

Maybe Trump will look into these family issues more carefully if he wins the election and gets to appoint more judges.
Reply/Quote