Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
(03-30-2023, 10:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: You know Fox has admitted they're not a news source but purely entertainment.  If you keep quoting their takes, you're making a fool of yourself.

Fox News is the overwhelming source for NEWS in the US, not close. Now true Hannity and Ingram admit they are conservatives.

Tucker does not. Bream does not. Harris does not Brett Baier may be best journalist in the world.

But, hey nice try.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:50 PM)Dill Wrote: I think Democrats have been "firing shots" at Trump because he has been breaking the law.

And I don't think it "crazy" to charge anyone for breaking the law, regardless of social/political standing.

So a rule-of-law question--if Trump actually has committed the crimes he is charged with, do you think he should be treated like the rest of us,

or should he get a pass because was president and is the GOP party leader?

I think all things equal all politicians should be treated 100% the same. If so, HRC and Biden would have been in jail a long time ago.

But for Democrats to bury the head in the sand about members of their own party (like Bill Clinton paying $800000 out of campaign funds to Paula Jones as one example) makes them hypocrites.

I will gladly have a conversation about crimes being committed and prosecution with anyone without blinders on.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Law and order!!! Woohoo
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Law and order!!! Woohoo

If he is not convicted, then this DA and Democrats will look very stupid.

Easy to arrest someone, not so easy to convict.

I do believe in law and order and believe if he broke a federal law, then the charge should not come from a city DA. But let's see Bragg get a conviction and then discuss the law and order again.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We can start with 95% of Manhatten residents are Democrats as is the Soros hand picked DA.

The DOJ looked at the case and said not enough evidence. The DA ran on indicting Trump, look it up. He had an indictment in mind with zero evidence when he made the campaign promise.

The definition of a political with hunt, only a far left Democrat would not see  it that way.

Trump keeps repeating the bolded. What if "far left Democrats" don't comment on charges they haven't seen yet?

How does Soros hand pick an official who must run for office? 

Why is the Soros connection even important here?

Which DOJ said "not enough evidence"? Did they mean "yet"?  

Apparently two prosecutors quit because they thought Trump had violated the law and Bragg was not taking that seriously.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Stewy, you are a liar.

Fox News is the overwhelming source for NEWS in the US, not close. Now true Hannity and Ingram admit they are conservatives.

Tucker does not. Bream does not. Harris does not Brett Baier may be best journalist in the world.

But, hey nice try.

Nobody said this was a comedy thread.
Reply/Quote
If I were a conservative I'd be furious that so many of my GOP brethren keep clinging to Trump when another republican could beat Biden in 2024 and get two terms in office, rather than sticking with the guy who already lost to Biden and would only get a single term if he managed to win in 2024.

If republicans just let either impeachment or these legal issues take Trump out they'd be set to own the white house from 2024 to 2032, but apparently they can't stand the idea of letting democrats shoot themselves in the foot so they're going take the bullet themselves.

You people would rather lose with Trump than win with damn near anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Trump keeps repeating the bolded. What if "far left Democrats" don't comment on charges they haven't seen yet?

How does Soros hand pick an official who must run for office? Soros is the money behind his election, it is. fact.

Why is the Soros connection even important here? Simple, he is the money to allow liberals to go after Trump (who they despise and will do anything so he is not elected again).

Which DOJ said "not enough evidence"? Did they mean "yet"?  NO idea, do you know?

Apparently two prosecutors quit because they thought Trump had violated the law and Bragg was not taking that seriously. Seriously, who cares about to politically charged prosecutors in NYC?

As I have stated, my beef is NYC or DC or any liberal state and any liberal should care for fairness with political prosecution. Let's see if these charges are followed up with a conviction. If so, history will be made and any politician past or present will be fair game for the other side to go after.

If he is not convicted, Trump will be proven correct, it was another election interference tactic embraced by the Democratic party.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think all things equal all politicians should be treated 100% the same. If so, HRC and Biden would have been in jail a long time ago.

But for Democrats to bury the head in the sand about members of their own party (like Bill Clinton paying $800000 out of campaign funds to Paula Jones as one example) makes them hypocrites.

I will gladly have a conversation about crimes being committed and prosecution with anyone without blinders on.

?? Why on earth would HRC and Biden have been in jail long ago? Did she kill Vince Foster? Order a rescue team to stand down at Benghazi? Sell 20% of US Uranium to Russia?? Did Biden secretly get a Billion dollars from China? 

Who is burying their head here? 

Surely you are not suggesting Dems should let Trump get away with campaign violations because Clinton settled with Paula Jones? 

And they are hypocrites if they don't? 

What does violation of campaign laws have to do with legally a suit dismissed by the Supreme Court? 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If I were a conservative I'd be furious that so many of my GOP brethren keep clinging to Trump when another republican could beat Biden in 2024 and get two terms in office, rather than sticking with the guy who already lost to Biden and would only get a single term if he managed to win in 2024.

If republicans just let either impeachment or these legal issues take Trump out they'd be set to own the white house from 2024 to 2032, but apparently they can't stand the idea of letting democrats shoot themselves in the foot so they're going take the bullet themselves.

You people would rather lose with Trump than win with damn near anyone else.

Trump was the best president since Reagan, my 401K went up 1.5 million under 4 years of Trump. It has lost $800,000 of that gain under Biden. I moved it all to bonds to protect further Biden erosion. Biden is the worst financial President in US history, yes worse than Carter.

I hate Trump the man, love Trump the leader of the free world.

If liberals really felt Trump was no longer a threat, they would have never trumped up more charges to derail him. I just told my siblings 2 weeks ago, no vote for Trump from me again (I did not vote in 2020 because of his antics) like 2016. Boy did I mess up, Biden is just an old fool and crook.

But today Trump earned my financial support and my vote. I will take mu chances with trump policy versus any policy any democrat offers up.

Reply/Quote
List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes

1776–1897
Matthew Lyon (DR-KY). First Congressman to be recommended for censure after spitting on Roger Griswold (Federalist-Connecticut). The censure failed to pass.[1] Separately, found guilty of violating Alien and Sedition Acts and sentenced to four months in jail, during which time he was re-elected (1798).[2]
Charles F. Mitchell (R-NY) U.S. Representative from New York's 33rd District was convicted of forgery, sentenced to one year in prison and fined, though he was paroled early due to poor health (1841).[3][4][5][6][7]
Robert Smalls (R-SC) U.S. Representative from South Carolina was charged with accepting a $5,000 (equivalent to $127,234 in 2021) bribe during 1877 in relation to a government printing contract and found guilty.[8] Smalls was pardoned in 1879 by South Carolina Governor William Simpson.[8]
1901–1909 (Theodore Roosevelt presidency)
Legislative branch
Joseph R. Burton Senator (R-KS) was convicted of accepting a $2,500 (equivalent to $75,398 in 2021) bribe (1904).[9]
John Hipple Mitchell Senator (R-OR) was involved with the Oregon land fraud scandal, for which he was indicted and convicted while a sitting U.S. Senator (1905).[10]
Henry B. Cassel (R-PA) was convicted of fraud related to the construction of the Pennsylvania State Capitol (1909).[11][12]
1909–1913 (William Howard Taft presidency)
Legislative branch
William Lorimer Senator (R-IL), The 'blond boss of Chicago' was found guilty of accepting bribes in 1912.[13]
Judicial branch
Robert W. Archbald ® Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, was convicted of corruption in 1912.[14]
1921–1923 (Warren G. Harding presidency)
Executive branch
Albert Fall ® Secretary of the Interior who was bribed by Harry F. Sinclair for control of the Teapot Dome federal oil reserves in Wyoming. He was the first U.S. cabinet member to ever be convicted; he served two years in prison (1922).[15]
1923–1929 (Calvin Coolidge presidency)
Executive branch
William P. MacCracken Jr. ® Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Aeronautics convicted of contempt of congress for the Air Mail scandal (1934).[16]: 436 
Legislative branch
John W. Langley (R-KY) convicted of violating the Volstead Act (Prohibition). He had also been caught trying to bribe a Prohibition officer. He was sentenced to two years, after which his wife Katherine G. Langley ran for Congress in his place and won two full terms (1926).[17][18]
1929–1933 (Herbert Hoover presidency)
Legislative branch
Harry E. Rowbottom (R-IN) was convicted in Federal court of accepting bribes from persons who sought post office appointments. He served one year in Leavenworth (1931).[19]
1933–1945 (Franklin D. Roosevelt presidency)
Legislative branch
Michael J. Hogan (R-NY) was convicted of bribery and sentenced to a year and a day in a Federal Penitentiary (1935).[20][21][22]
George Ernest Foulkes (D-MI) was convicted of bribery (1935).[23]
Donald F. Snow (R-ME) was convicted of bribery (1935).[24]
John H. Hoeppel (D-CA) convicted of selling an appointment to the West Point Military Academy. He was fined $1,000 (equivalent to $19,528 in 2021) and sentenced to 4–12 months in jail (1936).[25]
1945–1953 (Harry S. Truman presidency)
Legislative branch
James M. Curley (D-MA) fined $1,000 (equivalent to $12,136 in 2021) and served six months for fraud before Harry S. Truman commuted the rest of his sentence (1947).[26]
Andrew J. May (D-KY) convicted of accepting bribes from a war munitions manufacturer. Was sentenced to 9 months in prison, after which he was pardoned by Truman (1947).[27]
J. Parnell Thomas (R-NJ) was convicted of salary fraud and given an 18-month sentence and a fine. He was imprisoned in Danbury Prison. After serving his 18 months he was pardoned by Truman (1950).[28]
Walter E. Brehm (R-OH) convicted of accepting contributions illegally from one of his employees. Received a 15-month suspended sentence and a $5,000 (equivalent to $52,199 in 2021) fine (1951).[29]
1953–1961 (Dwight D. Eisenhower presidency)
Legislative branch
Orland K. Armstrong (R-MS) was convicted of fraud (1953).[30]
Ernest K. Bramblett (R-CA) received a suspended sentence and a $5,000 (equivalent to $50,452 in 2021) fine for making false statements in connection with payroll padding and kickbacks from congressional employees (1954).[31]
Thomas J. Lane (D-MA) convicted for evading taxes on his congressional income. Served 4 months in prison, but was re-elected three more times[32] (1956).[33]
1961–1963 (John F. Kennedy presidency)
Legislative branch
Thomas F. Johnson (D-MD) was convicted of conspiracy and conflict of interest regarding the receipt of illegal gratuities (1962).[34]
1963–1969 (Lyndon B. Johnson presidency)
Legislative branch
Frank W. Boykin (D-AL) was convicted of conspiracy and conflict of interest (1963).[35]
Daniel Brewster (D-MD) pleaded no contest to accepting "an unlawful gratuity without corrupt intent" (1969).[36]
1969–1974 (Richard M. Nixon presidency)
Executive branch
Watergate (1972–1973) Republican 'bugging' of the Democratic Party National Headquarters at the Watergate Hotel led to a burglary which was discovered. The cover up of the affair by President Richard Nixon ® and his staff resulted in 69 government officials being charged and 48 pleading guilty, including 7 for actual burglary. Eventually, Nixon resigned his position.[37]
John N. Mitchell ® former United States Attorney General, convicted of perjury.[38]
Richard Kleindienst ® United States Attorney General, convicted of obstruction, given one month in jail.
H. R. Haldeman ® White House Chief of Staff, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury. Served 18 months in prison.
John Ehrlichman ® former White House Counsel, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury. Served 18 months in prison.
Egil Krogh ® United States Undersecretary of Transportation, sentenced to six months.
John Dean ® White House Counsel, convicted of obstruction of justice, later reduced to felony offenses and served 4 months.
Dwight Chapin ® Secretary to the President of the United States, convicted of perjury.
Herbert W. Kalmbach ® Nixon's Personal Attorney, guilty of corrupt practices, 191 days in jail.
Charles Colson ® Special Counsel to the President for Public Liaison, convicted of obstruction of justice. Served 7 months.
Spiro Agnew ® Vice President of the United States, pleaded nolo contendere (no contest) to income-tax evasion (1973).[39]
Maurice Stans ® United States Secretary of Commerce, pleaded guilty to three counts of violating the reporting sections of the Federal Election Campaign Act and two counts of accepting illegal campaign contributions and was fined $5,000 (1975).[40]
Legislative branch
Ted Kennedy (D-MA) drove his car into the channel between Chappaquiddick Island and Martha's Vineyard, killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and received a suspended sentence of two months (1969)[41]
Martin B. McKneally (R-NY) placed on one year's probation and fined $5,000 (equivalent to $33,455 in 2021) for failing to file income tax return. He had not paid taxes for many years prior (1971).[42]
Cornelius Gallagher (D-NJ) pleaded guilty to tax evasion, and served two years in prison (1972).[43]
J. Irving Whalley (R-PA) received suspended three-year sentence and fined $11,000 (equivalent to $67,146 in 2021) in 1973 for using mails to deposit staff salary kickbacks and threatening an employee to prevent her from giving information to the FBI (1973).[44]
Edwin Reinecke (R-CA) convicted of perjury and sentenced to 18 months in prison as part of the Watergate investigation (1973).[45]
1974–1977 (Gerald R. Ford presidency)
Executive branch
Earl Butz ® United States Secretary of Agriculture. He was charged with failing to report more than $148,000 of income in 1978. Butz pleaded guilty to the tax evasion charge and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years of probation and was ordered to make restitution. He served 25 days behind bars before his release.[46][47]
Legislative branch
John V. Dowdy (D-TX) convicted of perjury and served 6 months in prison (1973).[48][49]
Richard T. Hanna (D-CA) convicted in an influence-buying scandal (1974).[50]
Frank Brasco (D-NY) sentenced to 5 years in jail and fined $10,000 (equivalent to $54,946 in 2021) for conspiracy to accept bribes from a reputed Mafia figure who sought truck leasing contracts from the Post Office and loans to buy trucks (1974).[44]
Bertram Podell (D-NY) pleaded guilty to conspiracy and conflict of interest. He was fined $5,000 (equivalent to $27,473 in 2021) and served four months in prison (1974).[51]
James F. Hastings (R-NY) convicted of kickbacks and mail fraud, he also took money from his employees for personal use. Served 14 months at Allenwood penitentiary (1976).[52]
1977–1981 (Jimmy Carter presidency)
Legislative branch
Andrew J. Hinshaw (R-CA) US Representative was convicted of accepting bribes. He served one year in prison (1977).[53][54]
Richard Tonry (D-LA) pleaded guilty to receiving illegal campaign contributions (1977).[55]
Charles Diggs (D-MI), convicted on 29 charges of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms which formed a kickback scheme with his staff. Sentenced to 3 years (1978).[56]
J. Herbert Burke (R-FL) pleaded guilty to disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest, and nolo contendere to an additional charge of witness tampering. He was sentenced to three months plus fines (1978).[57]
Frank M. Clark (D-PA) pleaded guilty to mail fraud and tax evasion and was sentenced to two years in prison (1979).[58]
1981–1989 (Ronald Reagan presidency)
Executive branch
See also: Reagan administration scandals
Iran–Contra affair (1985–1986); A secret sale of arms to Iran, to secure the release of hostages and allow U.S. intelligence agencies to fund the Nicaraguan Contras, in violation of the Boland Amendment.[59]
Elliott Abrams ® Assistant Secretary of State for Inter-American Affairs, convicted of withholding evidence. Given 2 years' probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.[60]
Michael Deaver ® White House Deputy Chief of Staff to Ronald Reagan, pleaded guilty to perjury related to lobbying activities and was sentenced to 3 years' probation and fined $100,000 (equivalent to $238,518 in 2021) (1987).[61]
Operation Ill Wind was a three-year investigation launched in 1986 by the FBI into corruption by U.S. government and military officials, and private defense contractors.
Melvyn Paisley, Assistant Secretary of the Navy,[62] was found to have accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes. He pleaded guilty to bribery and served four years in prison.[63][64][65]
Victor D. Cohen, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, was the 50th conviction obtained under the Ill Wind probe when he pleaded guilty to accepting bribes and conspiring to defraud the government. He was sentenced to 33 months in prison.[66][67]
James E. Gaines, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy, took over when Paisley resigned his office.[68] Gaines was convicted of accepting an illegal gratuity and theft and conversion of government property. He was sentenced to six months in prison.[69]
Deborah Gore Dean ® Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, convicted of fraud (1988).[70]
Housing and Urban Development Scandal was a controversy concerning bribery by selected contractors for low income housing projects.[71]
James G. Watt ® United States Secretary of the Interior, was charged with 25 counts of perjury and obstruction of justice. Sentenced to five years' probation, fined $5,000 (equivalent to $8,892 in 2021) and 500 hours of community service (1995).[72]
Legislative branch
Abscam FBI sting involving fake 'Arabs' trying to bribe 31 congressmen (1980).[73] The following Congressmen were convicted:
Harrison A. Williams Senator (D-NJ) Convicted on 9 counts of bribery and conspiracy. Sentenced to 3 years in prison.[74]
John Jenrette (D-SC) sentenced to two years in prison for bribery and conspiracy.[75]
Richard Kelly (R-FL) Accepted $25K and then claimed he was conducting his own investigation into corruption. Served 13 months.[76]
Raymond Lederer (D-PA) "I can give you me" he said after accepting $50K. Sentenced to 3 years.[77]
Michael Myers (D-PA) Accepted $50K saying, "...money talks and bullshit walks." Sentenced to 3 years and was expelled from the House.[78]
Frank Thompson (D-NJ) Sentenced to 3 years.[79]
John M. Murphy (D-NY) Served 20 months of a 3-year sentence.[80]
Jon Hinson (R-MS) was arrested for having homosexual oral sex in the House of Representatives' bathroom with a government staffer. Hinson, who was married, later received a 30-day jail sentence, and a year's probation, on condition that he get counseling and treatment (1981).[81][82]
Joshua Eilberg (D-PA) pleaded guilty to conflict-of-interest charges (1981).[44]
Dan Flood (D-PA) censured for bribery. After a trial ended in a deadlocked jury, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a year's probation (1981).[83][84]
Frederick W. Richmond (D-NY), Convicted of tax fraud and possession of marijuana. Served 9 months in prison (1982).[85]
George V. Hansen (R-ID) censured for failing to fill in disclosure forms. Spent 15 months in prison (1984).[86]
Wedtech scandal Wedtech Corporation was convicted of bribery in connection with Defense Department contracts.[87]
Mario Biaggi (D-NY) Convicted of obstruction of justice and accepting illegal gratuities he was sentenced to 2½ years in prison and fined $500K (equivalent to $1,192,589 in 2021) (1987).[88]
Robert Garcia (D-NY) sentenced to 2½ years.[89]
Pat Swindall (R-GA) convicted of 6 counts of perjury (1989).[90][91]
Judicial branch
Harry E. Claiborne (D) Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, was convicted of tax evasion (1984).[92]
Walter Nixon (D) Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, was convicted of perjury (1986).[93]
1989–1993 (George H. W. Bush presidency)
Executive branch
Catalina Vasquez Villalpando, ® Treasurer of the United States, pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and tax evasion (1992).[94]
Legislative branch
David Durenberger Senator (R-MN) denounced by Senate for unethical financial transactions and then disbarred (1990). He pleaded guilty to misuse of public funds and given one year's probation (1995)[95]
Jay Kim (R-CA) accepted $250,000 (equivalent to $482,748 in 2021) in illegal 1992 campaign contributions and was sentenced to two months' house arrest (1992).[96][97][98][99]
Nicholas Mavroules (D-MA) was convicted of extortion, accepting illegal gifts and failing to report them on congressional disclosure and income tax forms. Mavroules pleaded guilty to fifteen counts in April 1993 and was sentenced to a fifteen-month prison term (1993).[100][101]
Albert Bustamante (D-TX) was convicted of accepting bribes and sentenced to three-and-one-half years in prison (1993).[102]
Judicial branch
Walter Nixon (D) Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi was convicted of perjury, sentenced to five years in prison, impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate (1989).[103]
Alcee Hastings (D), Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, was impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate of soliciting a bribe (1989).[104] Subsequently, elected to the U.S. House of Representatives (1992).
Robert Frederick Collins (D), Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, was convicted of bribery and sentenced to six years, ten months (1991).[105]
1993–2001 (Bill Clinton presidency)
Executive branch
Darleen Druyun Principal Deputy United States Under Secretary of the Air Force.[106] She pleaded guilty to inflating the price of contracts to favor her future employer, Boeing. In October 2004, she was sentenced to nine months in jail for corruption, fined $5,000 (equivalent to $6,937 in 2021), given three years of supervised release and 150 hours of community service (2005).[107] CBS News called it "the biggest Pentagon scandal in 20 years" and said that she pleaded guilty to a felony.[108]
Wade Sanders Deputy Assistant United States Secretary of the Navy, for Reserve Affairs, was sentenced to 37 months in prison on one charge of possession of child pornography (2009).[109][110][111]
Webster Hubbell United States Associate Attorney General convicted of fraud and jailed for 21 months. (1996)[112]
Legislative branch
House banking scandal[113] The House of Representatives Bank found that 450 members had overdrawn their checking accounts, but not been penalized. Six were convicted of charges, most only tangentially related to the House Bank itself. Twenty-two more of the most prolific over-drafters were singled out by the House Ethics Committee (1992).
Carroll Hubbard was convicted of illegally funneling money to his wife's 1992 campaign to succeed him in Congress.[114]
Carl C. Perkins pleaded guilty to a check kiting scheme involving several financial institutions (including the House Bank).[115]
Walter Fauntroy was convicted of filing false disclosure forms to hide unauthorized income.[116]
Buz Lukens convicted of bribery and conspiracy.[117]
Mary Rose Oakar pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor campaign finance charge not related to the House Bank.[118]
Congressional Post Office scandal (1991–1995) was a conspiracy to embezzle House Post Office money through stamps and postal vouchers to congressmen.[119]
Dan Rostenkowski was convicted and sentenced to 18 months in prison, in 1995.[120]
Joe Kolter pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy and sentenced to 6 months in prison (1996).[121][122]
Wes Cooley was convicted of having lied on the 1994 voter information pamphlet about his service in the Army. He was fined and sentenced to two years' probation (1997)[123] He was later convicted of income tax fraud connected to an investment scheme. He was sentenced to one year in prison and to pay restitution of $3.5 million to investors and $138,000 to the IRS.[124]
Austin Murphy (D-PA) was convicted of one count of voter fraud for filling out absentee ballots for members of a nursing home (1999).[125]
Mel Reynolds was convicted on 12 counts of sexual assault, obstruction of justice and solicitation of child pornography (1997). He was later convicted of 12 counts of bank fraud (1999).
2001–2009 (George W. Bush presidency)
Executive branch
John Korsmo ® Chairman of the Federal Housing Finance Board, pleaded guilty to lying to congress (2005).[126]
Claude Allen ® Director of the Domestic Policy Council, was arrested for a series of felony thefts in retail stores. He was convicted on one count (2006).[127]
Lester Crawford ® Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, pleaded guilty to conflict of interest and received 3 years suspended sentence and fined $90,000 (equivalent to $120,976 in 2021) (2006).[128]
Scooter Libby ® Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney ®, convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice in the Plame Affair on March 6, 2007, and was sentenced to 30 months in prison and fined $250,000 (equivalent to $326,713 in 2021). His sentence was commuted by George W. Bush ® on July 1, 2007 (2007).[129] Libby was pardoned by President Donald Trump on April 13, 2018.[130]
David Safavian ® Administrator for the Office of Management and Budget[131][132][133] After an overturned conviction and a retrial, he was found guilty of perjury,[134] and sentenced to 12 months (2008).[135][136]
Robert E. Coughlin ® Deputy Chief of Staff for the Criminal Division of the Department of Justice, pleaded guilty to accepting bribes relating to the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal (2009).[126]
Felipe Sixto ® Special Assistant for Intergovernmental Affairs, convicted of misusing money. Sentenced to 30 months (2009).[137]
Scott Bloch ® United States Special Counsel, pleaded guilty to criminal contempt of Congress for "willfully and unlawfully withholding pertinent information from a House Committee investigating his decision to have several government computers wiped...."[138][139] Bloch was sentenced to one day in jail and two years' probation, and also ordered him to pay a $5,000 (equivalent to $5,816 in 2021) fine and perform 200 hours of community service (2013).[140]
Legislative branch
Jim Traficant (D-OH) was found guilty on ten felony counts of financial corruption, sentenced to eight years in prison and expelled from the House of Representatives (2002).[141]
Bill Janklow (R-SD) was convicted of second-degree manslaughter for running a stop sign and killing a motorcyclist. Resigned from the House and given 100 days in the county jail and three years' probation (2003).[142]
Frank Ballance (D-NC) admitted to federal charges of money laundering and mail fraud in October 2005 and was sentenced to four years in prison (2005).[143]
Duke Cunningham (R-CA) pleaded guilty November 28, 2005, to charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion in what came to be called the Cunningham scandal and was sentenced to over eight years in prison (2005).[144]
Bob Ney (R-OH) pleaded guilty to conspiracy and making false statements as a result of his receiving trips from Jack Abramoff in exchange for legislative favors in the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal. Ney received 30 months in prison (2007).[145]
Larry Craig (R-ID) was arrested for lewd conduct in a men's restroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on June 11, 2007, and entered a guilty plea to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct on August 8, 2007.
William J. Jefferson (D-LA) was charged in August 2005 after the FBI seized $90,000 in cash from his home freezer. He was re-elected to the House in 2006, but lost in 2008. He was convicted November 13, 2009, of 11 counts of bribery and sentenced to 13 years in prison (2009).[146] Jefferson's Chief of Staff Brett Pfeffer, was sentenced to 84 months for bribery (2006).[147]
2009–2017 (Barack Obama presidency)
Executive branch
General David Petraeus (I)[148] Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. On April 23, 2015, a federal judge sentenced Petraeus to two years' probation plus a fine of $100,000 (equivalent to $114,320 in 2021) for providing classified information to Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell (2015).[149]
Legislative branch
Mark D. Siljander (R-MI) was convicted of obstruction of justice (2012).[150]
Laura Richardson (D-CA) was found guilty on seven counts of violating US House rules by improperly using her staff to campaign for her, destroying the evidence and tampering with witness testimony. The House Ethics Committee ordered Richardson to pay a fine of $10,000 (equivalent to $11,803 in 2021) (2012).[151][152]
Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) pleaded guilty February 20, 2013, to one count of wire and mail fraud in connection with his misuse of $750,000 in campaign funds. Jackson was sentenced to two-and-one-half years' imprisonment (2013).[153]
Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion, racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to insurance regulators (2013).[154]
Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of cocaine in November 2013. As a first-time offender, he was sentenced to one year probation and fined $250. Radel announced he would take a leave of absence, but did not resign. Later, under pressure from a number of Republican leaders, he announced through a spokesperson that he would resign (2013).[155][156][157]
Michael Grimm (R-NY) pleaded guilty of felony tax evasion. This was the fourth count in a 20-count indictment brought against him for improper use of campaign funds. The guilty plea had a maximum sentence of three years; he was sentenced to eight months in prison (2015).[158][159]
Dennis Hastert (R-IL) Speaker of the United States House of Representatives pleaded guilty in court for illegally structuring bank transactions related to payment of $3.5 million to quash allegations of sexual misconduct with a student when he was a high school teacher and coach decades ago.[160] (2016)
Chaka Fattah (D-PA) was convicted on 23 counts of racketeering, fraud, and other corruption charges (2016).[161]
Corrine Brown (D-FL) was convicted on 18 felony counts of wire and tax fraud, conspiracy, lying to federal investigators, and other corruption charges (2017).[162][163]
Anthony Weiner (D-NY)[164] was convicted of sending sexually explicit photos of himself to a 15-year-old girl and was mandated to register as a sex offender. He also was sentenced to 21 months in prison, a charge that was later reduced to 18 months. He reported to prison in November 2017 and was released in May 2019 (2017).[165]
Judicial branch
Samuel B. Kent ®, Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, was sentenced May 11, 2009, to 33 months in prison for having lied about sexually harassing two female employees (2009).[166]
Jack Camp ®, Senior Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia was arrested in an undercover drug bust while trying to purchase cocaine from an FBI agent and resigned his position after pleading guilty to three criminal charges. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, fined an undisclosed amount, and ordered to undergo 400 hours of community service (2010).[167][168][169]
Thomas Porteous (D), Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana was impeached, convicted and removed from office December 8, 2010, on charges of bribery and lying to Congress (2010).[170][171]
Mark E. Fuller ® Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, was found guilty of domestic violence and sentenced to 24 weeks of family and domestic training and forced to resign his position (2015).[172][173][174]
2017–2021 (Donald Trump presidency)
Executive branch
Lieutenant General Michael Flynn National Security Advisor ®. Pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI. (2017)[175][176][177]
Steve Bannon ® White House Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to the President to President Donald Trump was subpoenaed to appear before the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack and answer questions. He refused to appear or cooperate and was then cited for Contempt of Congress. Bannon was found guilty of refusing to appear, and of refusing to produce documents for examination. (2022)[178]
Legislative branch
Steve Stockman (R-TX) was convicted of fraud (2018).[179]
Chris Collins (R-NY), pleaded guilty to insider trading (2019).[180]
Duncan D. Hunter (R-CA), pleaded guilty to misuse of campaign funds (2019)[181]
2021–present (Joe Biden presidency)
Legislative Branch
Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE) was found guilty of one count of falsifying and concealing material facts and two counts of making false statements. (2022)[182]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:37 AM)Dill Wrote: ?? Why on earth would HRC and Biden have been in jail long ago? Did she kill Vince Foster? Order a rescue team to stand down at Benghazi? Sell 20% of US Uranium to Russia?? Did Biden secretly get a Billion dollars from China? 

Who is burying their head here? 

Surely you are not suggesting Dems should let Trump get away with campaign violations because Clinton settled with Paula Jones? 

And they are hypocrites if they don't? 

What does violation of campaign laws have to do with legally a suit dismissed by the Supreme Court? 

HRC= So it is legal to dispose of confidential emails now. It is legal to have a government server with confidential files in your home closet. If that was Trump, yes he would be indicted and jailed.

Yes, since Democrats did not prosecute Bill Clinton they have no business going after Trump for the exact same thing. I guess you missed the fairness and treat each equal part.

I am not sure of exactly what you are referencing in your last comment/question???

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes

1776–1897
Matthew Lyon (DR-KY). First Congressman to be recommended for censure after spitting on Roger Griswold (Federalist-Connecticut). The censure failed to pass.[1] Separately, found guilty of violating Alien and Sedition Acts and sentenced to four months in jail, during which time he was re-elected (1798).[2]
Charles F. Mitchell (R-NY) U.S. Representative from New York's 33rd District was convicted of forgery, sentenced to one year in prison and fined, though he was paroled early due to poor health (1841).[3][4][5][6][7]
Robert Smalls (R-SC) U.S. Representative from South Carolina was charged with accepting a $5,000 (equivalent to $127,234 in 2021) bribe during 1877 in relation to a government printing contract and found guilty.[8] Smalls was pardoned in 1879 by South Carolina Governor William Simpson.[8]
1901–1909 (Theodore Roosevelt presidency)
Legislative branch
Joseph R. Burton Senator (R-KS) was convicted of accepting a $2,500 (equivalent to $75,398 in 2021) bribe (1904).[9]
John Hipple Mitchell Senator (R-OR) was involved with the Oregon land fraud scandal, for which he was indicted and convicted while a sitting U.S. Senator (1905).[10]
Henry B. Cassel (R-PA) was convicted of fraud related to the construction of the Pennsylvania State Capitol (1909).[11][12]
1909–1913 (William Howard Taft presidency)
Legislative branch
William Lorimer Senator (R-IL), The 'blond boss of Chicago' was found guilty of accepting bribes in 1912.[13]
Judicial branch
Robert W. Archbald ® Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, was convicted of corruption in 1912.[14]
1921–1923 (Warren G. Harding presidency)
Executive branch
Albert Fall ® Secretary of the Interior who was bribed by Harry F. Sinclair for control of the Teapot Dome federal oil reserves in Wyoming. He was the first U.S. cabinet member to ever be convicted; he served two years in prison (1922).[15]
1923–1929 (Calvin Coolidge presidency)
Executive branch
William P. MacCracken Jr. ® Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Aeronautics convicted of contempt of congress for the Air Mail scandal (1934).[16]: 436 
Legislative branch
John W. Langley (R-KY) convicted of violating the Volstead Act (Prohibition). He had also been caught trying to bribe a Prohibition officer. He was sentenced to two years, after which his wife Katherine G. Langley ran for Congress in his place and won two full terms (1926).[17][18]
1929–1933 (Herbert Hoover presidency)
Legislative branch
Harry E. Rowbottom (R-IN) was convicted in Federal court of accepting bribes from persons who sought post office appointments. He served one year in Leavenworth (1931).[19]
1933–1945 (Franklin D. Roosevelt presidency)
Legislative branch
Michael J. Hogan (R-NY) was convicted of bribery and sentenced to a year and a day in a Federal Penitentiary (1935).[20][21][22]
George Ernest Foulkes (D-MI) was convicted of bribery (1935).[23]
Donald F. Snow (R-ME) was convicted of bribery (1935).[24]
John H. Hoeppel (D-CA) convicted of selling an appointment to the West Point Military Academy. He was fined $1,000 (equivalent to $19,528 in 2021) and sentenced to 4–12 months in jail (1936).[25]
1945–1953 (Harry S. Truman presidency)
Legislative branch
James M. Curley (D-MA) fined $1,000 (equivalent to $12,136 in 2021) and served six months for fraud before Harry S. Truman commuted the rest of his sentence (1947).[26]
Andrew J. May (D-KY) convicted of accepting bribes from a war munitions manufacturer. Was sentenced to 9 months in prison, after which he was pardoned by Truman (1947).[27]
J. Parnell Thomas (R-NJ) was convicted of salary fraud and given an 18-month sentence and a fine. He was imprisoned in Danbury Prison. After serving his 18 months he was pardoned by Truman (1950).[28]
Walter E. Brehm (R-OH) convicted of accepting contributions illegally from one of his employees. Received a 15-month suspended sentence and a $5,000 (equivalent to $52,199 in 2021) fine (1951).[29]
1953–1961 (Dwight D. Eisenhower presidency)
Legislative branch
Orland K. Armstrong (R-MS) was convicted of fraud (1953).[30]
Ernest K. Bramblett (R-CA) received a suspended sentence and a $5,000 (equivalent to $50,452 in 2021) fine for making false statements in connection with payroll padding and kickbacks from congressional employees (1954).[31]
Thomas J. Lane (D-MA) convicted for evading taxes on his congressional income. Served 4 months in prison, but was re-elected three more times[32] (1956).[33]
1961–1963 (John F. Kennedy presidency)
Legislative branch
Thomas F. Johnson (D-MD) was convicted of conspiracy and conflict of interest regarding the receipt of illegal gratuities (1962).[34]
1963–1969 (Lyndon B. Johnson presidency)
Legislative branch
Frank W. Boykin (D-AL) was convicted of conspiracy and conflict of interest (1963).[35]
Daniel Brewster (D-MD) pleaded no contest to accepting "an unlawful gratuity without corrupt intent" (1969).[36]
1969–1974 (Richard M. Nixon presidency)
Executive branch
Watergate (1972–1973) Republican 'bugging' of the Democratic Party National Headquarters at the Watergate Hotel led to a burglary which was discovered. The cover up of the affair by President Richard Nixon ® and his staff resulted in 69 government officials being charged and 48 pleading guilty, including 7 for actual burglary. Eventually, Nixon resigned his position.[37]
John N. Mitchell ® former United States Attorney General, convicted of perjury.[38]
Richard Kleindienst ® United States Attorney General, convicted of obstruction, given one month in jail.
H. R. Haldeman ® White House Chief of Staff, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury. Served 18 months in prison.
John Ehrlichman ® former White House Counsel, convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury. Served 18 months in prison.
Egil Krogh ® United States Undersecretary of Transportation, sentenced to six months.
John Dean ® White House Counsel, convicted of obstruction of justice, later reduced to felony offenses and served 4 months.
Dwight Chapin ® Secretary to the President of the United States, convicted of perjury.
Herbert W. Kalmbach ® Nixon's Personal Attorney, guilty of corrupt practices, 191 days in jail.
Charles Colson ® Special Counsel to the President for Public Liaison, convicted of obstruction of justice. Served 7 months.
Spiro Agnew ® Vice President of the United States, pleaded nolo contendere (no contest) to income-tax evasion (1973).[39]
Maurice Stans ® United States Secretary of Commerce, pleaded guilty to three counts of violating the reporting sections of the Federal Election Campaign Act and two counts of accepting illegal campaign contributions and was fined $5,000 (1975).[40]
Legislative branch
Ted Kennedy (D-MA) drove his car into the channel between Chappaquiddick Island and Martha's Vineyard, killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and received a suspended sentence of two months (1969)[41]
Martin B. McKneally (R-NY) placed on one year's probation and fined $5,000 (equivalent to $33,455 in 2021) for failing to file income tax return. He had not paid taxes for many years prior (1971).[42]
Cornelius Gallagher (D-NJ) pleaded guilty to tax evasion, and served two years in prison (1972).[43]
J. Irving Whalley (R-PA) received suspended three-year sentence and fined $11,000 (equivalent to $67,146 in 2021) in 1973 for using mails to deposit staff salary kickbacks and threatening an employee to prevent her from giving information to the FBI (1973).[44]
Edwin Reinecke (R-CA) convicted of perjury and sentenced to 18 months in prison as part of the Watergate investigation (1973).[45]
1974–1977 (Gerald R. Ford presidency)
Executive branch
Earl Butz ® United States Secretary of Agriculture. He was charged with failing to report more than $148,000 of income in 1978. Butz pleaded guilty to the tax evasion charge and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years of probation and was ordered to make restitution. He served 25 days behind bars before his release.[46][47]
Legislative branch
John V. Dowdy (D-TX) convicted of perjury and served 6 months in prison (1973).[48][49]
Richard T. Hanna (D-CA) convicted in an influence-buying scandal (1974).[50]
Frank Brasco (D-NY) sentenced to 5 years in jail and fined $10,000 (equivalent to $54,946 in 2021) for conspiracy to accept bribes from a reputed Mafia figure who sought truck leasing contracts from the Post Office and loans to buy trucks (1974).[44]
Bertram Podell (D-NY) pleaded guilty to conspiracy and conflict of interest. He was fined $5,000 (equivalent to $27,473 in 2021) and served four months in prison (1974).[51]
James F. Hastings (R-NY) convicted of kickbacks and mail fraud, he also took money from his employees for personal use. Served 14 months at Allenwood penitentiary (1976).[52]
1977–1981 (Jimmy Carter presidency)
Legislative branch
Andrew J. Hinshaw (R-CA) US Representative was convicted of accepting bribes. He served one year in prison (1977).[53][54]
Richard Tonry (D-LA) pleaded guilty to receiving illegal campaign contributions (1977).[55]
Charles Diggs (D-MI), convicted on 29 charges of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms which formed a kickback scheme with his staff. Sentenced to 3 years (1978).[56]
J. Herbert Burke (R-FL) pleaded guilty to disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest, and nolo contendere to an additional charge of witness tampering. He was sentenced to three months plus fines (1978).[57]
Frank M. Clark (D-PA) pleaded guilty to mail fraud and tax evasion and was sentenced to two years in prison (1979).[58]
1981–1989 (Ronald Reagan presidency)
Executive branch
See also: Reagan administration scandals
Iran–Contra affair (1985–1986); A secret sale of arms to Iran, to secure the release of hostages and allow U.S. intelligence agencies to fund the Nicaraguan Contras, in violation of the Boland Amendment.[59]
Elliott Abrams ® Assistant Secretary of State for Inter-American Affairs, convicted of withholding evidence. Given 2 years' probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.[60]
Michael Deaver ® White House Deputy Chief of Staff to Ronald Reagan, pleaded guilty to perjury related to lobbying activities and was sentenced to 3 years' probation and fined $100,000 (equivalent to $238,518 in 2021) (1987).[61]
Operation Ill Wind was a three-year investigation launched in 1986 by the FBI into corruption by U.S. government and military officials, and private defense contractors.
Melvyn Paisley, Assistant Secretary of the Navy,[62] was found to have accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes. He pleaded guilty to bribery and served four years in prison.[63][64][65]
Victor D. Cohen, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, was the 50th conviction obtained under the Ill Wind probe when he pleaded guilty to accepting bribes and conspiring to defraud the government. He was sentenced to 33 months in prison.[66][67]
James E. Gaines, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy, took over when Paisley resigned his office.[68] Gaines was convicted of accepting an illegal gratuity and theft and conversion of government property. He was sentenced to six months in prison.[69]
Deborah Gore Dean ® Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, convicted of fraud (1988).[70]
Housing and Urban Development Scandal was a controversy concerning bribery by selected contractors for low income housing projects.[71]
James G. Watt ® United States Secretary of the Interior, was charged with 25 counts of perjury and obstruction of justice. Sentenced to five years' probation, fined $5,000 (equivalent to $8,892 in 2021) and 500 hours of community service (1995).[72]
Legislative branch
Abscam FBI sting involving fake 'Arabs' trying to bribe 31 congressmen (1980).[73] The following Congressmen were convicted:
Harrison A. Williams Senator (D-NJ) Convicted on 9 counts of bribery and conspiracy. Sentenced to 3 years in prison.[74]
John Jenrette (D-SC) sentenced to two years in prison for bribery and conspiracy.[75]
Richard Kelly (R-FL) Accepted $25K and then claimed he was conducting his own investigation into corruption. Served 13 months.[76]
Raymond Lederer (D-PA) "I can give you me" he said after accepting $50K. Sentenced to 3 years.[77]
Michael Myers (D-PA) Accepted $50K saying, "...money talks and bullshit walks." Sentenced to 3 years and was expelled from the House.[78]
Frank Thompson (D-NJ) Sentenced to 3 years.[79]
John M. Murphy (D-NY) Served 20 months of a 3-year sentence.[80]
Jon Hinson (R-MS) was arrested for having homosexual oral sex in the House of Representatives' bathroom with a government staffer. Hinson, who was married, later received a 30-day jail sentence, and a year's probation, on condition that he get counseling and treatment (1981).[81][82]
Joshua Eilberg (D-PA) pleaded guilty to conflict-of-interest charges (1981).[44]
Dan Flood (D-PA) censured for bribery. After a trial ended in a deadlocked jury, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a year's probation (1981).[83][84]
Frederick W. Richmond (D-NY), Convicted of tax fraud and possession of marijuana. Served 9 months in prison (1982).[85]
George V. Hansen (R-ID) censured for failing to fill in disclosure forms. Spent 15 months in prison (1984).[86]
Wedtech scandal Wedtech Corporation was convicted of bribery in connection with Defense Department contracts.[87]
Mario Biaggi (D-NY) Convicted of obstruction of justice and accepting illegal gratuities he was sentenced to 2½ years in prison and fined $500K (equivalent to $1,192,589 in 2021) (1987).[88]
Robert Garcia (D-NY) sentenced to 2½ years.[89]
Pat Swindall (R-GA) convicted of 6 counts of perjury (1989).[90][91]
Judicial branch
Harry E. Claiborne (D) Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, was convicted of tax evasion (1984).[92]
Walter Nixon (D) Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, was convicted of perjury (1986).[93]
1989–1993 (George H. W. Bush presidency)
Executive branch
Catalina Vasquez Villalpando, ® Treasurer of the United States, pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and tax evasion (1992).[94]
Legislative branch
David Durenberger Senator (R-MN) denounced by Senate for unethical financial transactions and then disbarred (1990). He pleaded guilty to misuse of public funds and given one year's probation (1995)[95]
Jay Kim (R-CA) accepted $250,000 (equivalent to $482,748 in 2021) in illegal 1992 campaign contributions and was sentenced to two months' house arrest (1992).[96][97][98][99]
Nicholas Mavroules (D-MA) was convicted of extortion, accepting illegal gifts and failing to report them on congressional disclosure and income tax forms. Mavroules pleaded guilty to fifteen counts in April 1993 and was sentenced to a fifteen-month prison term (1993).[100][101]
Albert Bustamante (D-TX) was convicted of accepting bribes and sentenced to three-and-one-half years in prison (1993).[102]
Judicial branch
Walter Nixon (D) Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi was convicted of perjury, sentenced to five years in prison, impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate (1989).[103]
Alcee Hastings (D), Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, was impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate of soliciting a bribe (1989).[104] Subsequently, elected to the U.S. House of Representatives (1992).
Robert Frederick Collins (D), Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, was convicted of bribery and sentenced to six years, ten months (1991).[105]
1993–2001 (Bill Clinton presidency)
Executive branch
Darleen Druyun Principal Deputy United States Under Secretary of the Air Force.[106] She pleaded guilty to inflating the price of contracts to favor her future employer, Boeing. In October 2004, she was sentenced to nine months in jail for corruption, fined $5,000 (equivalent to $6,937 in 2021), given three years of supervised release and 150 hours of community service (2005).[107] CBS News called it "the biggest Pentagon scandal in 20 years" and said that she pleaded guilty to a felony.[108]
Wade Sanders Deputy Assistant United States Secretary of the Navy, for Reserve Affairs, was sentenced to 37 months in prison on one charge of possession of child pornography (2009).[109][110][111]
Webster Hubbell United States Associate Attorney General convicted of fraud and jailed for 21 months. (1996)[112]
Legislative branch
House banking scandal[113] The House of Representatives Bank found that 450 members had overdrawn their checking accounts, but not been penalized. Six were convicted of charges, most only tangentially related to the House Bank itself. Twenty-two more of the most prolific over-drafters were singled out by the House Ethics Committee (1992).
Carroll Hubbard was convicted of illegally funneling money to his wife's 1992 campaign to succeed him in Congress.[114]
Carl C. Perkins pleaded guilty to a check kiting scheme involving several financial institutions (including the House Bank).[115]
Walter Fauntroy was convicted of filing false disclosure forms to hide unauthorized income.[116]
Buz Lukens convicted of bribery and conspiracy.[117]
Mary Rose Oakar pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor campaign finance charge not related to the House Bank.[118]
Congressional Post Office scandal (1991–1995) was a conspiracy to embezzle House Post Office money through stamps and postal vouchers to congressmen.[119]
Dan Rostenkowski was convicted and sentenced to 18 months in prison, in 1995.[120]
Joe Kolter pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy and sentenced to 6 months in prison (1996).[121][122]
Wes Cooley was convicted of having lied on the 1994 voter information pamphlet about his service in the Army. He was fined and sentenced to two years' probation (1997)[123] He was later convicted of income tax fraud connected to an investment scheme. He was sentenced to one year in prison and to pay restitution of $3.5 million to investors and $138,000 to the IRS.[124]
Austin Murphy (D-PA) was convicted of one count of voter fraud for filling out absentee ballots for members of a nursing home (1999).[125]
Mel Reynolds was convicted on 12 counts of sexual assault, obstruction of justice and solicitation of child pornography (1997). He was later convicted of 12 counts of bank fraud (1999).
2001–2009 (George W. Bush presidency)
Executive branch
John Korsmo ® Chairman of the Federal Housing Finance Board, pleaded guilty to lying to congress (2005).[126]
Claude Allen ® Director of the Domestic Policy Council, was arrested for a series of felony thefts in retail stores. He was convicted on one count (2006).[127]
Lester Crawford ® Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, pleaded guilty to conflict of interest and received 3 years suspended sentence and fined $90,000 (equivalent to $120,976 in 2021) (2006).[128]
Scooter Libby ® Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney ®, convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice in the Plame Affair on March 6, 2007, and was sentenced to 30 months in prison and fined $250,000 (equivalent to $326,713 in 2021). His sentence was commuted by George W. Bush ® on July 1, 2007 (2007).[129] Libby was pardoned by President Donald Trump on April 13, 2018.[130]
David Safavian ® Administrator for the Office of Management and Budget[131][132][133] After an overturned conviction and a retrial, he was found guilty of perjury,[134] and sentenced to 12 months (2008).[135][136]
Robert E. Coughlin ® Deputy Chief of Staff for the Criminal Division of the Department of Justice, pleaded guilty to accepting bribes relating to the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal (2009).[126]
Felipe Sixto ® Special Assistant for Intergovernmental Affairs, convicted of misusing money. Sentenced to 30 months (2009).[137]
Scott Bloch ® United States Special Counsel, pleaded guilty to criminal contempt of Congress for "willfully and unlawfully withholding pertinent information from a House Committee investigating his decision to have several government computers wiped...."[138][139] Bloch was sentenced to one day in jail and two years' probation, and also ordered him to pay a $5,000 (equivalent to $5,816 in 2021) fine and perform 200 hours of community service (2013).[140]
Legislative branch
Jim Traficant (D-OH) was found guilty on ten felony counts of financial corruption, sentenced to eight years in prison and expelled from the House of Representatives (2002).[141]
Bill Janklow (R-SD) was convicted of second-degree manslaughter for running a stop sign and killing a motorcyclist. Resigned from the House and given 100 days in the county jail and three years' probation (2003).[142]
Frank Ballance (D-NC) admitted to federal charges of money laundering and mail fraud in October 2005 and was sentenced to four years in prison (2005).[143]
Duke Cunningham (R-CA) pleaded guilty November 28, 2005, to charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion in what came to be called the Cunningham scandal and was sentenced to over eight years in prison (2005).[144]
Bob Ney (R-OH) pleaded guilty to conspiracy and making false statements as a result of his receiving trips from Jack Abramoff in exchange for legislative favors in the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal. Ney received 30 months in prison (2007).[145]
Larry Craig (R-ID) was arrested for lewd conduct in a men's restroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on June 11, 2007, and entered a guilty plea to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct on August 8, 2007.
William J. Jefferson (D-LA) was charged in August 2005 after the FBI seized $90,000 in cash from his home freezer. He was re-elected to the House in 2006, but lost in 2008. He was convicted November 13, 2009, of 11 counts of bribery and sentenced to 13 years in prison (2009).[146] Jefferson's Chief of Staff Brett Pfeffer, was sentenced to 84 months for bribery (2006).[147]
2009–2017 (Barack Obama presidency)
Executive branch
General David Petraeus (I)[148] Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. On April 23, 2015, a federal judge sentenced Petraeus to two years' probation plus a fine of $100,000 (equivalent to $114,320 in 2021) for providing classified information to Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell (2015).[149]
Legislative branch
Mark D. Siljander (R-MI) was convicted of obstruction of justice (2012).[150]
Laura Richardson (D-CA) was found guilty on seven counts of violating US House rules by improperly using her staff to campaign for her, destroying the evidence and tampering with witness testimony. The House Ethics Committee ordered Richardson to pay a fine of $10,000 (equivalent to $11,803 in 2021) (2012).[151][152]
Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) pleaded guilty February 20, 2013, to one count of wire and mail fraud in connection with his misuse of $750,000 in campaign funds. Jackson was sentenced to two-and-one-half years' imprisonment (2013).[153]
Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion, racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to insurance regulators (2013).[154]
Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of cocaine in November 2013. As a first-time offender, he was sentenced to one year probation and fined $250. Radel announced he would take a leave of absence, but did not resign. Later, under pressure from a number of Republican leaders, he announced through a spokesperson that he would resign (2013).[155][156][157]
Michael Grimm (R-NY) pleaded guilty of felony tax evasion. This was the fourth count in a 20-count indictment brought against him for improper use of campaign funds. The guilty plea had a maximum sentence of three years; he was sentenced to eight months in prison (2015).[158][159]
Dennis Hastert (R-IL) Speaker of the United States House of Representatives pleaded guilty in court for illegally structuring bank transactions related to payment of $3.5 million to quash allegations of sexual misconduct with a student when he was a high school teacher and coach decades ago.[160] (2016)
Chaka Fattah (D-PA) was convicted on 23 counts of racketeering, fraud, and other corruption charges (2016).[161]
Corrine Brown (D-FL) was convicted on 18 felony counts of wire and tax fraud, conspiracy, lying to federal investigators, and other corruption charges (2017).[162][163]
Anthony Weiner (D-NY)[164] was convicted of sending sexually explicit photos of himself to a 15-year-old girl and was mandated to register as a sex offender. He also was sentenced to 21 months in prison, a charge that was later reduced to 18 months. He reported to prison in November 2017 and was released in May 2019 (2017).[165]
Judicial branch
Samuel B. Kent ®, Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, was sentenced May 11, 2009, to 33 months in prison for having lied about sexually harassing two female employees (2009).[166]
Jack Camp ®, Senior Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia was arrested in an undercover drug bust while trying to purchase cocaine from an FBI agent and resigned his position after pleading guilty to three criminal charges. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, fined an undisclosed amount, and ordered to undergo 400 hours of community service (2010).[167][168][169]
Thomas Porteous (D), Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana was impeached, convicted and removed from office December 8, 2010, on charges of bribery and lying to Congress (2010).[170][171]
Mark E. Fuller ® Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, was found guilty of domestic violence and sentenced to 24 weeks of family and domestic training and forced to resign his position (2015).[172][173][174]
2017–2021 (Donald Trump presidency)
Executive branch
Lieutenant General Michael Flynn National Security Advisor ®. Pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI. (2017)[175][176][177]
Steve Bannon ® White House Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to the President to President Donald Trump was subpoenaed to appear before the United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack and answer questions. He refused to appear or cooperate and was then cited for Contempt of Congress. Bannon was found guilty of refusing to appear, and of refusing to produce documents for examination. (2022)[178]
Legislative branch
Steve Stockman (R-TX) was convicted of fraud (2018).[179]
Chris Collins (R-NY), pleaded guilty to insider trading (2019).[180]
Duncan D. Hunter (R-CA), pleaded guilty to misuse of campaign funds (2019)[181]
2021–present (Joe Biden presidency)
Legislative Branch
Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE) was found guilty of one count of falsifying and concealing material facts and two counts of making false statements. (2022)[182]

Nice book and useless info on topic at hand with Trump, Clinton (Bill) or Hillary and Biden

What POTUS was convicted of a crime while in office or the leading candidate to win the bid for their party?

Reply/Quote
Didn’t his old scumbag lawyer Cohen do prison time for this same thing?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As I have stated, my beef is NYC or DC or any liberal state and any liberal should care for fairness with political prosecution. Let's see if these charges are followed up with a conviction. If so, history will be made and any politician past or present will be fair game for the other side to go after.

If he is not convicted, Trump will be proven correct, it was another election interference tactic embraced by the Democratic party.

Caring for "fairness" means not letting these wealthy elites continually scoff at the law while breaking it.

Hard to judge fairness when we haven't yet seen charges or evidence

--yet all manner of Republican leaders and celebrities are stepping forward to do that right now. 

Anyone who breaks the law should be "fair game" for prosecutors, don't you agree? That we have never had such a scofflaw president before should not exempt this one from rule of law.

Perhaps if Nixon had not been pardoned, Trump would have behaved better--or never been elected.

The party of personal responsibility ought to be concerned about "fairness" as well, 
and stop supporting someone who publicly breaks the law again and again while his party rushes to protect him.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump was the best president since Reagan, my 401K went up 1.5 million under 4 years of Trump. It has lost $800,000 of that gain under Biden. I moved it all to bonds to protect further Biden erosion. Biden is the worst financial President in US history, yes worse than Carter.

Fair enough, you made 1.5 million bucks from Trump.  I assume not everyone who voted for him did.  Hell, if Biden can get me $20k off my student loans I'll vote democrat for the first time in decades.  We're all shameless money whores.

(03-31-2023, 12:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Nice book and useless info on topic at hand with Trump, Clinton (Bill) or Hillary and Biden

What POTUS was convicted of a crime while in office or the leading candidate to win the bid for their party?

Well someone has to be first.
Reply/Quote
This is all a moot point. Just like democrats donated to elevate MAGA nuts they could beat in 2022 midterm elections, the democrats are doing all these things to elevate Trump back to the national stage because they know Biden can beat him and they are terrified of 8 years of DeSantis. Isn't it interesting how after DeSantis took over Florida and was poised to be the GOP candidate to destroy Biden democrats suddenly had a bunch of charges and complaints about Trump knowing the MAGA base would declare it a witchunt and rally to push DeSantis out of the way in order to rally behind the oft-persecuted Trump?

Liberals gushed over the vaccine so conservatives wouldn't take it and subject themselves to higher covid death rates and now they're going after Trump to make sure the only candidate they can beat in the one that conservatives insist just HAS to run for president yet again. It's like watching Bugs Bunny say it's rabbit season so Daffy Duck screams that it's duck season before he gets shot.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: HRC= So it is legal to dispose of confidential emails now. It is legal to have a government server with confidential files in your home closet. If that was Trump, yes he would be indicted and jailed.

Yes, since Democrats did not prosecute Bill Clinton they have no business going after Trump for the exact same thing. I guess you missed the fairness and treat each equal part.

I am not sure of exactly what you are referencing in your last comment/question???

Clinton did not illegally dispose of emails. The claim that she did is a "Fox fact"; those don't hold up in court (as was made plain during GOP challenges to the last election). And it was her legal right to determine which emails were personal and which work related. 

She never had a "government server." She had a private one. The issue was how to capture all work related emails for archiving. And NO ONE would be criminally indicted for having a couple of classified emails in a long email chain resulting from normal use (no intention to steal info or give to a foreign power). The FBI could find no intention for anything other than normal use--the only outside shot for a criminal charge.

The private server only came to light because of a politicized investigation into Benghazi, which resulted in no charges but dropped Hillary's numbers enough to give Trump the election. Just as Bill's impeachment over lying about Lewinsky only came about after a whitewater fishing expedition. That neither Clinton's were convicted of the many Fox-fueled charges brought against them is spun by Fox as "elite Dems getting away with it; one law for them and another for the rest of us!" rather than seen as judicial accounting working properly. Now many millions of Fox viewers are accustomed to convicting without courtroom standards of evidence, when it comes to political opponents.

But one can be prosecuted for taking hard copy of highly classified documents home when out of office and refusing to turn them back over when the National Archives requests them, calling them "mine now." In that case I think we are going to find the Fox audience also exonerates regardless of evidence, when it's their guy.

Bill did not secretly order a flunky to pay off a porn star with campaign funds to keep her quiet before an election. He paid Jones a settlement in 1998, during his last term of office--a LEGAL payment, publicly recorded. What I missed here is are your terms of comparison. Where is the "equal" crime? 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Luvnit2 Wrote:What POTUS was convicted of a crime while in office or the leading candidate to win the bid for their party?

Well someone has to be first.

It helps if you try to overthrow your own government.

No POTUS ever tried that before, but if there is going to be a first conviction

it ought to be for THAT at least. 
Reply/Quote
Hahahaha.

Remember the “lock her up” chants.
Law and order
Back the blue
Tough on crime

Now the traitor who tried to destroy our democracy gets some attention from law enforcement and it’s all crying and complaints. I’ll never understand the MAGA brain
Reply/Quote