Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
(03-31-2023, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I mean, how could anything involving Trump not be politically motivated?  Just saying that this is politically motivated is a politically motivated action.

Trump being political ? Yes, most definitely. 

Our justice system should not be. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 11:01 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I didn't come here to argue. Although that's what always seems to happen. Which is why I haven't posted lately. 

Truth told I'm in a better frame of mind when I'm on the sidelines. 

I feel like I'm trying to agree with you here, but we are arguing over what we are agreeing about.

It's politically motivated because it's Trump. It's politically motivated to go after him, it's politically motivated to defend him, its politically motivated to say its all politically motivated. 

Something can be politically motivated and be right or wrong, that's not the same thing.  HUnter's laptop, Hillary's email, Bush's misleading statements, Clinton's lechery, Regan's arms deals and hostage interference....if it's politics it's politically motivated.  I'm just saying we sat and watched Trump cry "politically motivated witchhunt" when members of the GOP went after him, so I'm not sold on it being as flimsy as his supporters may think.

I'm not saying you are saying "politically motivated, he's innocent as hell" but I feel like that is what the term is currently being used to say.  That's my piece.

(03-31-2023, 11:04 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Trump being political ? Yes, most definitely. 

Our justice system should not be. 

I agree.  Congress should be looking at naked pictures of me, but I'm not the president's son so life is unfair.
Reply/Quote
Politicians abuse power? No shit figured that out watching the Congress give theirselves annual allowance increases every year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm interested in mindsets of people.  And my main piece is that it is indeed unprecedented to indict a former president, but it was also unprecedented to make a celebrity with a decades-long history of committing and bragging about legal infractions the president.  Trump was elected to turn the political world on its ear because we were sick of the status quo, so it's a bit late to start trying to stuff the toothpaste back in the tube.

Trump is like a squirrel trap or Jonestown or something.  You freely walk in, but you find that you can't exit on your own terms.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree.  Congress should be looking at naked pictures of me, but I'm not the president's son so life is unfair.

Reminds me when I was still a young man at work I was complaining about something (Can't remember exactly what) & was told if I wanted fair the adjoining county had one later that summer. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 11:22 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Reminds me when I was still a young man at work I was complaining about something (Can't remember exactly what) & was told if I wanted fair the adjoining county had one later that summer. LOL

Anytime someone I work with complains about doing a job task, or when I don't feel like doing something I just say "Well you (I) should have been a dentist, then."  I say it about myself enough, too.  That's just the way it goes.

We make our own beds for the most part.  I try to save my limited patience for people who didn't beg for trouble. Trump's begging for trouble and we were begging for trouble by electing him. Some call it karma, but I just call it foresight.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As I have stated, my beef is NYC or DC or any liberal state and any liberal should care for fairness with political prosecution. Let's see if these charges are followed up with a conviction. If so, history will be made and any politician past or present will be fair game for the other side to go after.

If he is not convicted, Trump will be proven correct, it was another election interference tactic embraced by the Democratic party.

No, the question of whether the indictment is an "election interference tactic" cannot be settled by a conviction either way.

Any prosecutor will tell you that every jury trial is a crapshoot.  One or two MAGA faithful could easily hang the jury, regardless of evidence.

If evidence strong enough for an indictment doesn't result in an indictment, that also doesn't mean the trial was politically motivated. 

You should understand that if Trump is convicted, his followers and Congressional leaders are not going to say "Oh, it was true, he did break the law."

They are going to call the trial a kangaroo court. Woe to the jurors whose names become public. 

As a "liberal" I do care for fairness in prosecution. To me that also means that people who constantly break the law don't constantly avoid accountability.

Just wondering: do you doubt that Trump had an affair with Daniels and McDougal, and intended to pay for their silence with help from his "people"? 
Do you think he did not sign the checks for and compensate Cohen for carrying out his orders? Are you sure the money did not come from campaign funds, hidden by an illegal accounting scheme? Where, for you, does this story become false and a witch hunt? The Fox explanation is that Cohen just decided to pay of Daniels an keep the story out of the Inquirer all on his own. Trump didn't even know!  Do you buy that? 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: You know Fox has admitted they're not a news source but purely entertainment.  If you keep quoting their takes, you're making a fool of yourself.

Holy sh*t...good and thx for that reminder about "Faux News".
Honestly this particular issue seems like the weakest of all but Ill take it for now. The Georgia vote meddling thing and Jan 6 are the  big ticket items along with maybe the hiding of classified documents.  Was hoping for one of these to get out gates first.

other then that.... Go Bengals

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 11:59 AM)Dill Wrote: No, the question of whether the indictment is an "election interference tactic" cannot be settled by a conviction either way.

Any prosecutor will tell you that every jury trial is a crapshoot.  One or two MAGA faithful could easily hang the jury, regardless of evidence.

If evidence strong enough for an indictment doesn't result in an indictment, that also doesn't mean the trial was politically motivated. 

You should understand that if Trump is convicted, his followers and Congressional leaders are not going to say "Oh, it was true, he did break the law."

They are going to call the trial a kangaroo court. Woe to the jurors whose names become public. 

As a "liberal" I do care for fairness in prosecution. To me that also means that people who constantly break the law don't constantly avoid accountability.

Just wondering: do you doubt that Trump had an affair with Daniels and McDougal, and intended to pay for their silence with help from his "people"? 
Do you think he did not sign the checks for and compensate Cohen for carrying out his orders? Are you sure the money did not come from campaign funds, hidden by an illegal accounting scheme? Where, for you, does this story become false and a witch hunt? The Fox explanation is that Cohen just decided to pay of Daniels an keep the story out of the Inquirer all on his own. Trump didn't even know!  Do you buy that? 

If we are to believe Cohen the start witness, then yes I believe Trump had no idea he paid her. Cohen is on record stating he took out a loan and paid her off WITHOUT TRUMP BEING ADVISED.

CLIFFORD IS ON RECORD IN WRITING SHE NEVER HAD SEX WITH DONALD J. TRUMP.

Look it up, these two individuals made statements and then changed them. So, either way the people Fat Boy Bragg is depending on lied. One of them also is a CONVICTED criminal named Cohen.

So like I said, I will now sit back and see how Fatboy's prosecution goes in the coming days, weeks and months. No conviction means it was another political with hunt, just like Russia.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I am happy the FBI, DOJ and Democratic President Joe Biden no longer can use Twitter to hide and stop the truth.

The other great news is now Biden and his family are fair game for prosecution as well. I remember liberals doing fist bumps when Reid changed the rules for majority from 60 to 51. 

I see this ending up the same way.

Biden and his family should be afraid, very very afraid.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am happy the FBI, DOJ and Democratic President Joe Biden no longer can use Twitter to hide and stop the truth.

The other great news is now Biden and his family are fair game for prosecution as well. I remember liberals doing fist bumps when Reid changed the rules for majority from 60 to 51. 

Please remove Biden from office so Mark Kelly or Josh Shapiro can run in 2024. I'm begging you.  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If we are to believe Cohen the start witness, then yes I believe Trump had no idea he paid her. Cohen is on record stating he took out a loan and paid her off WITHOUT TRUMP BEING ADVISED.

CLIFFORD IS ON RECORD IN WRITING SHE NEVER HAD SEX WITH DONALD J. TRUMP.

Look it up, these two individuals made statements and then changed them. So, either way the people Fat Boy Bragg is depending on lied. One of them also is a CONVICTED criminal named Cohen.

So like I said, I will now sit back and see how Fatboy's prosecution goes in the coming days, weeks and months. No conviction means it was another political with hunt, just like Russia.

ok, thanks for answering. Though you did not say whether you believe Daniels and McDougal are lying about sex with Trump. 

By the way, I have "looked it up." Part of the effort to hide Trump's affairs involved other people denying it--for money. Cohen was "convicted" of acting at the direction of "Individual One," right? That's why Trump signed all those checks for "legal expenses." Cohen was not CONVICTED of acting alone, right?  

It seems you are regarding the paid denials as the truth, denials which made Cohen a "liar" in court.  Trump also denied any knowledge of the McDougal "catch and kill," though Cohen got him on tape discussing it TWO MONTHS before the election. But Trump's denials that he had the discussion don't make him a "convicted" liar, right? That's just the guy who lied for him. Now you trust Trump but not the guy who lied for him.  That guy paid out 290 thousand in his own money just to help Trump without Trump knowing. That makes sense?

Whatever case is being set up, I doubt any of it will rely on the word of someone Trump paid to lie for him.

Every charge will be supported by documentary records. It is the paper trail that will make or break the case. 

PS did "no conviction" resulting from the 7 Benghazi hearings convince you they were a "witch hunt"? 
Reply/Quote
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65056529
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 10:22 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Honest question.... do any of you truly believe this isn't politically motivated ?

the alleged crime was politically motivated

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:17 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65056529

Maybe I'm reading this with bias since it's the BBC, but I see this as saying that Trump being a former president in itself is a cause for self reflection, not so much that him being indicted is.  This article seems critical of the USA for elevating someone who had so many red flags directly from citizen to president.

(03-31-2023, 01:18 PM)pally Wrote: the alleged crime was politically motivated

Good point.  This situation was only "hushed" in an attempt to bury things until Trump was president.  In hindsight, it's pretty clear they didn't even need to bother.  People wouldn't have cared, so they broke the rules for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am happy the FBI, DOJ and Democratic President Joe Biden no longer can use Twitter to hide and stop the truth.

Gosh Luvnit, you write as if it were Biden who used Twitter to spread election disinformation, leading to the Capitol insurrection in which people died as for the first time in history a president sought to prevent legal succession. 

I think the "Biden crime family" has been "fair game for prosecution" for years now. 

I remember back in oct. 2020 Fox folks were "doing fist bumps" because Biden indictments were imminent. 
Why should they be "very afraid" now?  

Also, Trump's DOJ decided they could not prosecute a sitting president.
Should an exception be made for Biden, if some evidence of wrongdoing actually does come to light?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:27 PM)Dill Wrote: Gosh Luvnit, you write as if it were Biden who used Twitter to spread election disinformation, leading to the Capitol insurrection in which people died and for the first time in history a president sought to prevent legal succession. 

I think the "Biden crime family" has been "fair game for prosecution" for years now. 

I remember back in oct. 2020 Fox folks were "doing fist bumps" because Biden indictments were imminent. 

Why should they be "very afraid" now?  Also, Trump's DOJ decided they could not prosecute a sitting president.
Should an exception be made for Biden, if some evidence of wrongdoing actually does come to light?

Look it at socratically, though.  IF the GOP can remove or tarnish Biden enough for him to drop out of 2024, wouldn't that be ideal for the democratic party?  They get 4 years of Biden to unseat Trump and then they can move on to candidates who are younger and more popular who have a good shot of beating Trump or another MAGA style candidate in 2024 and then possibly get 8 years in office (particularly if Trump makes the 2028 election all about him, too).

That would mean the democrats would be in power for 20 out of the past 24 years going back to Obama winning in 2008.  There are a number of successful and younger democrats who made big statements in the 2022 midterm that could be better national players than an 82 year old Joe Biden PLUS they're eligible for 2 terms in the WH where he is not.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I'm reading this with bias since it's the BBC, but I see this as saying that Trump being a former president in itself is a cause for self reflection, not so much that him being indicted is.  This article seems critical of the USA for elevating someone who had so many red flags directly from citizen to president.

It certainly reads as a "Trump continues to damage the US as a private citizen". It's tough nowadays for people to get past the headlines.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:56 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It certainly reads as a "Trump continues to damage the US as a private citizen". It's tough nowadays for people to get past the headlines.

I see it as a bit of asking conservatives why they only apply the wisdom of Proverbs 12 to teh gheys.*

I think our situation as a country now is more like that of a person who throws down his cigarettes and stomps them into the ground after being told his decades of smoking have caused terminal lung cancer.  The damage is done, I guess it's all a show now.

*hmm I guess the lie down with dogs get up with fleas isn't in the bible...well, this proverb talks about not trusting bad people, so I'll say whoops but close.
Reply/Quote
Indicting Trump is not political, it's justice. Not indicting him is political.

And if the GOP can indict democrat politicians with proofs, let them do that. Nobody wil complain.

BTW, it's not Bragg who indicted him but a grand jury of citizens.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote