Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Foundation lacks required certification to solicit money
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-foundation-lacks-the-certification-required-for-charities-that-solicit-money/2016/09/29/7dac6a68-8658-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

Quote:Donald Trump’s charitable foundation — which has been sustained for years by donors outside the Trump family — has never obtained the certification that New York requires before charities can solicit money from the public, according to the state attorney general’s office.

Under the laws in New York, where the Donald J. Trump Foundation is based, any charity that solicits more than $25,000 a year from the public must obtain a special kind of registration beforehand. Charities as large as Trump’s must also submit to a rigorous annual audit that asks — among other things — whether the charity spent any money for the personal benefit of its officers.

If New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (D) finds that Trump’s foundation raised money in violation of the law, he could order the charity to stop raising money immediately. With a court’s permission, Schneiderman could also force Trump to return money that his foundation has already raised.

The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment Thursday.

More at the link.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-30-2016, 10:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-foundation-lacks-the-certification-required-for-charities-that-solicit-money/2016/09/29/7dac6a68-8658-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

More at the link.

And this is why we need to investigate Benghazi again!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
And they just now figured it out? I guess that NYC guy is pretty incompetent.
He's been soliciting for quite a while now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-03-2016, 08:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And they just now figured it out? I guess that NYC guy is pretty incompetent.

And now the NY AG has issued a cease and desist order on the Trump Foundation from what I have heard. That's the thing about entering the political arena, causes all sorts of things to be looked into.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-03-2016, 08:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And they just now figured it out? I guess that NYC guy is pretty incompetent.

Mellow

(10-03-2016, 09:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And now the NY AG has issued a cease and desist order on the Trump Foundation from what I have heard. That's the thing about entering the political arena, causes all sorts of things to be looked into.

This.

All the stuff about Clinton comes about from being in the public eye all this time.  Trump is just bringing more and more scrutiny to his own illegal/shady dealings.

The difference is they make him "smart" and Clinton being accused and not actually breaking the law makes her "crooked" in his eyes and the eyes of his supporters.
I'm not sure if anyone else has been seeing this, but Trump announced the dissolution of the Trump Foundation. The issue is, though, that the NY AG says that can't happen until the investigation is completed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/311773-ny-ag-trump-cannot-legally-dissolve-foundation-until

An interesting turn of events. I had also seen in another article about the foundation how the McMahons had been one of the major donors over the past 8 years while Trump wasn't using his own money. Makes the appointment of Linda McMahon appear to be a pay-to-play scenario, much like Trump and his supporters were bashing the Clintons for.

(12-25-2016, 09:07 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not sure if anyone else has been seeing this, but Trump announced the dissolution of the Trump Foundation. The issue is, though, that the NY AG says that can't happen until the investigation is completed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/311773-ny-ag-trump-cannot-legally-dissolve-foundation-until

An interesting turn of events. I had also seen in another article about the foundation how the McMahons had been one of the major donors over the past 8 years while Trump wasn't using his own money. Makes the appointment of Linda McMahon appear to be a pay-to-play scenario, much like Trump and his supporters were bashing the Clintons for.

My wife told me this morning as we were making our breakfasts and I told her they couldn't collect anyway.

It doesn't matter to anyone though Matt.  They buy everything he says and the rest is "fake news".