Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: I understood everything there was to know
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-heath-care-short-period-time-understood-everything-know-142516353.html

Quote:“In a short period of time I understood everything there was to know about health care,” Trump told Time magazine in an interview published Thursday. “And actually it’s a very interesting subject.”

Back in February, Trump said he was finding it to be “an unbelievably complex subject.”

“Nobody knew health care could be so complicated,” the president told reporters, in comments that were widely mocked.

Trump drops another MOAB.
Further evidence that supports the rumor that if you place your ear next to his, you can hear the ocean .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(05-12-2017, 12:55 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Further evidence that supports the rumor that if you place your ear next to his, you can hear the ocean .....

Wait...

http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

Quote:Another part of your overall plan, the tax reform plan. Is it OK if that tax plan increases the deficit? Ronald Reagan’s tax reform didn’t.
Well, it actually did. But, but it’s called priming the pump. You know, if you don’t do that, you’re never going to bring your taxes down. Now, if we get the health-care [bill through Congress], this is why, you know a lot of people said, “Why isn’t he going with taxes first, that’s his wheelhouse?” Well, hey look, I convinced many people over the last two weeks, believe me, many Congressmen, to go with it. And they’re great people, but one of the great things about getting health care is that we will be saving, I mean anywhere from $400bn to $900bn.

[b]Mr Mnuchin:[/b] Correct.
[b]
President 
Trump:[/b] That all goes into tax reduction. Tremendous savings.

But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?

It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll…you understand the expression “prime the pump”?

Yes.

We have to prime the pump.

It’s very Keynesian.

We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

Priming the pump?

Yeah, have you heard it?

Yes.

Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.

I
t’s…
Yeah, what you have to do is you have to put something in before you can get something out.

[b]
Mr 
Mnuchin:[/b] And as we talked about, economic growth under the Trump administration could increase revenues as much as $2trn over the ten-year period of time. So priming the pump in the short term leads to growth.

Shocked
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-12-2017, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...

http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

Shocked

May 24th, 2017

The day Trump announced to the world he invented the term, "Priming the pump."

Pretty cool.

Not as cool as inventing the internet, but still pretty cool.  Many years from now, his fourth wife will probably say that's the reason why she fell in love with him.