Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
"I'm sending an armada to North Korea."

Versus

"We have ships that will be headed to North Korea in the very near future."

They likely didn't know where the ships were headed when they spoke (Trump and Spicer) or Trump said something like "Send a force there" and was told it would happen and he didn't care about the details and just started talking to the public about it.  

That's more his style:  He says do something, someone says yes and then he claims it's already happening no matter how long it really takes or what the details really are.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-21-2017, 11:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I could reply and suggest Brad was 100% correct in telling Steel to do some research; as he erroneously used his quote as grounds to assert POTUS is a moron (subjectively of course). But why bother. obviously if you quote an article you have researched the subject/ Roll with it.

and I could reply that someone who doesn't know why the ships were in Australia should also be doing some research.  But why bother. Obviously if you don't know something then you have researched the subject. /Roll with it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-21-2017, 11:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because, even though they were heading in the wrong direction to start, doesn't change the fact that the destination was still the same.  

This analogy has nothing to do with why you assumed someone didn't read up on an issue despite claiming you knew they were reading an article about this issue nor does it have anything to do with Trump implying that the ships were headed straight to Norty Korea.

A bus making a 2 minute stop on its route is different from ships sailing 4,000 miles in the opposite direction for an assignment before heading to another location weeks later. Maybe if your example had the bus leaving Kentucky and picking up some kids in California and stopping for a week before dropping them off at Ted Nugent Middle School in Skeeterville, Kentucky, then I'd say "Yea, sure, similar". 

A better response instead of this silly analogy would be "Trump didn't explicitly say they were headed straight there, the media made that the narrative based on his ambiguous remarks". It shifts blame away from Trump and onto the media. 

Quote:False again.  The reasons for heading to Australia were of insignificant points as to the discussion of this thread.

It's relevant towards my post in which I suggested you should "do some research" as you asked Ballsofsteel to do. If you're going to suggest others aren't researching the topic at hand, at least make sure you are. Just trying to help you cover your ass. 

(04-16-2017, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Unfortunately the world is not a middle school playground.

The bloodthirsy war hawks were also thrilled when the US "manned up" and showed the world how great we were when we invaded Iraq?

Making decisions based on trying to show the world how tough we are is very, very stupid.  Our country will go broke spending on military.  We already spend almost as much as the rest of the world combined.  The US accounts for 40% of military spending.

the rest of the world is laughing at us spening so much money on the military while going deeper and deeper in debt as a country.  North Korea is in China's realm of influence.  They would love for us to spend a few billion trying to fix that problem for them.

They are, but not for the reason you think.

Our military presence worldwide has enabled our allies to spend less on their own. It's a part of the reason why Europe can afford to have more generous welfare states.
(04-21-2017, 12:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and I could reply that someone who doesn't know why the ships were in Australia should also be doing some research.  But why bother. Obviously if you don't know something then you have researched the subject. /Roll with it. 

Oh you already bothered to do that. Your pointing out of who needed to research the matter is what let me to question the basis for your interjection. As it appeared that Steel was unclear of the article he actually quoted researched and brad pointed that out; it just seemed your interjection was based more on who posted than what was posted.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-22-2017, 11:24 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: They are, but not for the reason you think.

Our military presence worldwide has enabled our allies to spend less on their own. It's a part of the reason why Europe can afford to have more generous welfare states.

Actually that is exactly one of the reasons I think they are laughing at us.

We'd rather build bombs than take care of our own people.
(04-22-2017, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It just seemed your interjection was based more on who posted than what was posted.

^ Basically what you're doing, dude. It's cool, I still like you  :giggle:

I understand that your disagreement over BoS's analysis of the quote he obtained, but that really doesn't change the fact that all in one post Brad acknowledged ignorance of the subject and then told someone else who actually provided a quote relevant to the topic at hand that THEY should be the one who does more research. 

He should practice what he preaches. Whether or not your think BoS was also misguided and should do more research doesn't really change this hypocrisy on Brad's part. 

Would I have pointed out this hypocrisy if it were some other posters? Probably not, but at least I've been pleasant and have suggested counter arguments for him.

(04-21-2017, 12:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This analogy has nothing to do with why you assumed someone didn't read up on an issue despite claiming you knew they were reading an article about this issue nor does it have anything to do with Trump implying that the ships were headed straight to Norty Korea.

A bus making a 2 minute stop on its route is different from ships sailing 4,000 miles in the opposite direction for an assignment before heading to another location weeks later. Maybe if your example had the bus leaving Kentucky and picking up some kids in California and stopping for a week before dropping them off at Ted Nugent Middle School in Skeeterville, Kentucky, then I'd say "Yea, sure, similar". 

A better response instead of this silly analogy would be "Trump didn't explicitly say they were headed straight there, the media made that the narrative based on his ambiguous remarks". It shifts blame away from Trump and onto the media. 

It's relevant towards my post in which I suggested you should "do some research" as you asked Ballsofsteel to do. If you're going to suggest others aren't researching the topic at hand, at least make sure you are. Just trying to help you cover your ass. 

(04-22-2017, 01:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: ^ Basically what you're doing, dude. It's cool, I still like you  :giggle:

I understand that your disagreement over BoS's analysis of the quote he obtained, but that really doesn't change the fact that all in one post Brad acknowledged ignorance of the subject and then told someone else who actually provided a quote relevant to the topic at hand that THEY should be the one who does more research. 

He should practice what he preaches. Whether or not your think BoS was also misguided and should do more research doesn't really change this hypocrisy on Brad's part. 

Would I have pointed out this hypocrisy if it were some other posters? Probably not, but at least I've been pleasant and have suggested counter arguments for him.

You're so bias against me that it's impossible to take you serious, but it's hilarious to watch other people try to do so.  

The ship was taking care of the business off of Australia but the destination was going to be near North Korea.  In trying to gain show confidence, a leader doesn't list the details on the events before the end result.  He was sending a carrier near North Korea, so he's not going to bother mentioning that they were stopping off in Australia first.

The end result is what's important.
Claiming Trump is giving this country its identity back is like claiming liquor gives Mel Gibson his identity back.

If it is true it is sad.
(04-22-2017, 01:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're so bias against me that it's impossible to take you serious, but it's hilarious to watch other people try to do so.  

The ship was taking care of the business off of Australia but the destination was going to be near North Korea.  In trying to gain show confidence, a leader doesn't list the details on the events before the end result.  He was sending a carrier near North Korea, so he's not going to bother mentioning that they were stopping off in Australia first.

The end result is what's important.

I've been pretty fair given what you've posted so far in this thread. I even gave you a way to spin Trump's perceived mistake as you tried to condescendingly lob hilariously bad analogies at me.

I figured your pretty lengthy time out would have given you time to reflect on your behaviors, but it seems like the ol' "no one takes you seriously" bit is back. For what it is worth, I am glad you're no longer banned. The boards are fun and it sucks to not have a unique outlet like this available. 
:giggle:

(04-22-2017, 03:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've been pretty fair given what you've posted so far in this thread. I even gave you a way to spin Trump's perceived mistake as you tried to condescendingly lob hilariously bad analogies at me.

I figured your pretty lengthy time out would have given you time to reflect on your behaviors, but it seems like the ol' "no one takes you seriously" bit is back. For what it is worth, I am glad you're no longer banned. The boards are fun and it sucks to not have a unique outlet like this available. 
:giggle:

When did I ever say "no one takes me seriously"?

I simply pointed out that almost every one of your posts in regards to any point I've made over the past few years offers nothing with any substance and simply resorts to personal attacks, which you did again.

Kudos.

Resorting to personal attacks, and even bringing the banning, shows how weak your debate in this thread is.  You avoided my point in the post that you just quoted to try to avoid the fact that you have absolutely no answer for it.
(04-22-2017, 05:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When did I ever say "no one takes me seriously"?

I simply pointed out that almost every one of your posts in regards to any point I've made over the past few years offers nothing with any substance and simply resorts to personal attacks, which you did again.

Kudos.

Resorting to personal attacks, and even bringing the banning, shows how weak your debate in this thread is.  You avoided my point in the post that you just quoted to try to avoid the fact that you have absolutely no answer for it.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. Free advice to help you prevent an even longer timeout. 

(04-22-2017, 05:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When did I ever say "no one takes me seriously"?

Kudos.

(04-23-2017, 12:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Nothing changes if nothing changes. Free advice to help you prevent an even longer timeout. 

What would be nice is if everyone would stay on topic, and discuss that respectfully with each other. Let's keep it that simple.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-admiral-takes-blame-carrier-n-korea-fiasco-161750870.html

Leadership involves taking responsibility. Not making excuses.
http://fox6now.com/2017/06/13/ge-closing-plant-in-waukesha-moving-300-plus-jobs-to-canada-and-workers-arent-happy/

Quote:GE closing plant in Waukesha, moving 300-plus jobs to Canada, and workers aren’t happy

WAUKESHA — General Electric plans to close a plant in Waukesha and move its 300-plus jobs to Canada. Workers at the plant are angry, and they’re accusing President Donald Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan of failing them, but GE officials say another factor is to blame.

“I came to work on a Monday — never in my wildest dreams thinking that one of the big upper echelon people/person would come and tell us that ‘you’re fired and we’re moving to Canada,'” Jeff Neibauer said.

Neibauer has built Waukesha engines at the same plant for 24 years. In 2014, President Barack Obama praised the GE factory as a symbol of American manufacturing.

“What you’re doing at this plant and across this region can be a model for the country,” President Obama said in 2014.

It was a model that didn’t last. Nearly two years later, Neibauer and more than 300 other workers were told their jobs were moving to Canada.

“They cut one piece of your heart at a time. They move jobs out. They move equipment out,” Neibauer said.

The factory drove the community’s economy for more than 100 years. It sits just outside Paul Ryan’s congressional district, but some workers say he failed them.

“Doesn’t he realize that we voted for him? He should have been there and saw my wife crying. He should have been there,” Kenneth Olsen said.

GE officials blame the move to Canada on the Export-Import Bank. It is essentially a government credit agency used to finance U.S. exports. GE officials say they rely on that financing to help sell their products abroad.

Speaker Ryan has slammed the Export-Import Bank as “corporate welfare,” and Congress let its charter expire in June of 2015.

Canada saw an opportunity, offering GE financing if it would build a factory there. GE took the deal, and by the time
Congress reauthorized the bank five months later, it was too late.

A spokesperson for Paul Ryan said the speaker finds GE’s decision deeply disappointing, and said the company’s Export-Import Bank reasoning “doesn’t match up.” But GE officials said if the bank had been reauthorized in those five months, the workers would still have their jobs.

GE’s employees aren’t buying it.

“I don’t know if you want to call it corporate greed,” Joe Acker said.

“A company the size of GE shouldn’t need that kind of financial help,” John Kopplin said.

President Trump’s promise to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. helped him win Wisconsin.

“This was actually the first time I ever voted. He was saying the things that the average person wants to see more decent paying jobs that somebody can support a family on,” Bret Mattice said.

The workers even wrote a letter to President Trump after his victory, hoping he would save their jobs.

“I don’t believe there’s hope for our plant. My hope is, companies like that, that offshore all the work, I hope he follows through on his 35% tax and punishes those businesses,” Joe Barlow said.

Wisconsin’s unemployment rate is below the national average, and manufacturers in Waukesha are hiring, but the workers say those jobs don’t pay nearly as much as the union jobs at GE.

“To find a job with the kind of money we make now is gonna be pretty impossible,” Acker said.

“You can’t support a family on $17 an hour,” a worker said.

Even as they search for new jobs, their anger is raw.

“I don’t own anything GE anymore. I don’t even have a GE light bulb in my house anymore,” Barlow said.
(06-18-2017, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://fox6now.com/2017/06/13/ge-closing-plant-in-waukesha-moving-300-plus-jobs-to-canada-and-workers-arent-happy/

Wonder if Boeing will follow suit, at least with some jobs. They were the other big booster of Ex-im. Trump was its mortal enemy--until this year.
(06-18-2017, 08:58 PM)Dill Wrote: Wonder if Boeing will follow suit, at least with some jobs. They were the other big booster of Ex-im. Trump was its mortal enemy--until this year.

Pat's fault. All those damn facts.
(04-19-2017, 09:04 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I know people have complained about defense spending. The issue here is that people are trying to criticize Trumps use of Tomahawk missles like it's some "new" thing. 

Hi Matt. The point I was trying to make was not about defense spending. (Everyone pretty much knows what a bloated and corrupt system this is). What I was saying was that it appeared to me that trump spent 60 mill to appear like he was a tough guy for nothing. It accomplished nothing. It was all a show. How many people could that 60 mill have fed in OUR country.
Flipping around station after dinner last night saw a story on CBS where they interviewed people who stood in line for over a day to be in the first row at a Trump rally yesterday.  One lady said this was her 12th such event.  

How do they do that when only democrats without jobs have time like that?  Ninja

All seriousness aside an NPR story this morning interviewed some people from the rally and one said she doesn't believe anything she she's or reads from the media.

Seriously.

I can understand being skeptical, but the Trump base just blocks it ALL out and believes what they want to be true.  

That's why campaigning against him is worthless.  They don't even hear it.
(06-22-2017, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Flipping around station after dinner last night saw a story on CBS where they interviewed people who stood in line for over a day to be in the first row at a Trump rally yesterday.  One lady said this was her 12th such event.  

How do they do that when only democrats without jobs have time like that?  Ninja

All seriousness aside an NPR story this morning interviewed some people from the rally and one said she doesn't believe anything she she's or reads from the media.

Seriously.

I can understand being skeptical, but the Trump base just blocks it ALL out and believes what they want to be true.  

That's why campaigning against him is worthless.  They don't even hear it.

They aren't shutting out ALL media. One station provides a proper counter-narrative to MSM reports of Russian hacking and collusion.

They will listen when they lose their Medicare.