Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Jews who vote D are ignorant and disloyal
(08-21-2019, 02:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: All Democrats and liberals vs only Trump and the far right?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76113f1d65c7140c1995d1...=giphy.gif]

No, not all Democrats, but far more than the radicals on the fringe.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-21-2019, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, no both sides don't do it. Democrats and liberals typically shit on black Republicans and other POC on the right. But you don't see the same shitting on the "traitors" from the right, aside from Trump and the far right of course.

By "shit" on them, you mean "Democrats and liberals" typically criticize the political stance of POC who vote Republican?
Perhaps as they criticize anyone who votes Republican?

Not sure to whom "traitors" refers.

If it refers to POC who vote Republican, then you are saying that only SOME Republicans shit on POC who vote Republican? The remaining Republicans DO NOT shit on POC who vote Republican? 

Have I understood your views correctly?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2019, 02:58 PM)Dill Wrote: By "shit" on them, you mean "Democrats and liberals" typically criticize the political stance of POC who vote Republican?
Perhaps as they criticize anyone who votes Republican?

Not sure to whom "traitors" refers.

If it refers to POC who vote Republican, then you are saying that only SOME Republicans shit on POC who vote Republican? The remaining Republicans DO NOT shit on POC who vote Republican? 

Have I understood your views correctly?

I'm talking about Democrats/liberals who can't believe, don't understand, spew vitriol or just plain call traitor POC who are or vote conservative/Republican and/or are a Trump supporter simply for being or voting conservative/Republican and/or supporting Trump. They have this mindset that if someone is black, they HAVE to be a Democrat/liberal and anything else, they're a traitor or brainwashed or whatever.
(08-21-2019, 03:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm talking about Democrats/liberals who can't believe, don't understand, spew vitriol or just plain call traitor POC who are or vote conservative/Republican and/or are a Trump supporter simply for being or voting conservative/Republican and/or supporting Trump. They have this mindset that if someone is black, they HAVE to be a Democrat/liberal and anything else, they're a traitor or brainwashed or whatever.

Including that in there means you are painting with a very broad brush when you say they are "shitting" on Republicans that are POC.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-21-2019, 03:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm talking about Democrats/liberals who can't believe, don't understand, spew vitriol or just plain call traitor POC who are or vote conservative/Republican and/or are a Trump supporter simply for being or voting conservative/Republican and/or supporting Trump. They have this mindset that if someone is black, they HAVE to be a Democrat/liberal and anything else, they're a traitor or brainwashed or whatever.

Do you have any evidence of this? I haven't seen or heard anything of what you speak. You sound like a white guy projecting what he assumes/thinks about people he doesn't talk to.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~

The Dems/liberals are probably wondering why a POC would vote for someone who says nastier things about POC than he does women.

Seems reasonable to wonder why POC would vote for a candidate who "shits" on them.  Not "brainwashed" though?

When you say they "spew vitriol" it's hard to know if you mean they deploy abusive rhetoric or just exercise their right to criticize others' political views.  Could be any and all criticism is  "vitriolic" to you as I don't see you making a distinction in your own rhetoric.

But you said there are Republicans who also "shit" on these POC who vote Republican, namely Trump and the far right.

What is THEIR mindset?  Why would they "shit" on people who helped elect the leader they support?  

Republicans "shitting" on their own voters is at least as odd as POC voting for the guy who "shits" on them.
(08-21-2019, 03:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Including that in there means you are painting with a very broad brush when you say they are "shitting" on Republicans that are POC.

I disagree, obviously. As I said, there's a mindset that if you're black you have to be a Democrat and vote for Democrats. If someone doesn't understand how a POC could be a Republican, to me that's shitting on them because that's saying they aren't allowed to be an individual and have individual thoughts and opinions. 
(08-21-2019, 03:50 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Do you have any evidence of this? I haven't seen or heard anything of what you speak. You sound like a white guy projecting what he assumes/thinks about people he doesn't talk to.

Of course you do. Heaven forbid someone speaks ill of liberals/Democrats. Rolleyes

Go look back at the  comments in regards to Ben Carson's presidential campaign for starters. Comments about Condoleeza Rice and others should also be enlightening. There's more, but I highly doubt you'll care.
(08-21-2019, 04:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I disagree, obviously. As I said, there's a mindset that if you're black you have to be a Democrat and vote for Democrats. If someone doesn't understand how a POC could be a Republican, to me that's shitting on them because that's saying they aren't allowed to be an individual and have individual thoughts and opinions. 

Trump: "All [of these people] are _____________."

Anti-Trump: "No they're not.

Pro-Trump: "Democrats paint with too broad a brush."

Bang Head
(08-21-2019, 03:50 PM)Dill Wrote: The Dems/liberals are probably wondering why a POC would vote for someone who says nastier things about POC than he does women.

Not really, but still, who are you tell POC who to vote for?

(08-21-2019, 03:50 PM)Dill Wrote: When you say they "spew vitriol" it's hard to know if you mean they deploy abusive rhetoric or just exercise their right to criticize others' political views.  Could be any and all criticism is  "vitriolic" to you as I don't see you making a distinction in your own rhetoric.

Of course not. But, that's exactly what Dems do to Republicans. Republicans have a differing opinion, but of course that means they're racist. Rolleyes

(08-21-2019, 03:50 PM)Dill Wrote: But you said there are Republicans who also "shit" on these POC who vote Republican, namely Trump and the far right.

No, I didn't. I said there are those on the right who call select people "traitors" and whatnot for voting Democrat. Rolleyes
(08-21-2019, 04:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Trump: "All [of these people] are _____________."

Anti-Trump: "No they're not.

Pro-Trump: "Democrats paint with too broad a brush."

Bang Head

I don't know why you're quoting me. I'm neither Pro-Trump nor saying anything like that. 
(08-21-2019, 04:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I disagree, obviously. As I said, there's a mindset that if you're black you have to be a Democrat and vote for Democrats. If someone doesn't understand how a POC could be a Republican, to me that's shitting on them because that's saying they aren't allowed to be an individual and have individual thoughts and opinions. 

So if you don't understand why someone would behave in a particular way, you are shitting on them?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-20-2019, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458135-trump-jews-that-vote-democrat-show-lack-of-knowledge-or-great?fbclid=IwAR1xHzMMilY8meNRbfStjLpsou5g5sQdqT5Y56PH4n8FUySn14L7xzEvCoI

I just married into a super liberal Jewish family last month. I'll break the news to them.

(08-21-2019, 11:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: As well as Democrats using disparaging remarks towards black people who vote for Trump and Republicans.

(08-21-2019, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, no both sides don't do it. Democrats and liberals typically shit on black Republicans and other POC on the right. But you don't see the same shitting on the "traitors" from the right, aside from Trump and the far right of course.

(08-21-2019, 02:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, not all Democrats, but far more than the radicals on the fringe.

(08-21-2019, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know why you're quoting me. I'm neither Pro-Trump nor saying anything like that. 

In a thread about Trump painting Jews with a broad brush, you're going to lengths to paint Democrats with a broad brush. It's either defense of Trump, or well OT. If you aren't referencing the OP, it might do good to have the comments in a different thread, as they are either irrelevant to the original conversation or Pro-Trump and saying things like that.
(08-21-2019, 04:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not really, but still, who are you tell POC who to vote for?

Of course not. But, that's exactly what Dems do to Republicans. Republicans have a differing opinion, but of course that means they're racist. Rolleyes

No, I didn't. I said there are those on the right who call select people "traitors" and whatnot for voting Democrat. Rolleyes

Completely genuine question for anyone here:

Would POC questioning POC or Jews questioning Jews be okay compared to a white person or Christian doing it?

I ask that question because, while I absolutely am sure white people do it, the situation you described I've almost only seen coming from POC. 

That all said, going back to OP, I think the President of the US saying it sets it apart. I would also say that we're not talking about some generic criticism, but rather about using language like "lack knowledge" and "disloyal" in reference to a population that has a long history of being attacked as disloyal to the country where they live by groups that discriminate against them. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-21-2019, 05:26 PM)Benton Wrote: In a thread about Trump painting Jews with a broad brush, you're going to lengths to paint Democrats with a broad brush. It's either defense of Trump, or well OT. If you aren't referencing the OP, it might do good to have the comments in a different thread, as they are either irrelevant to the original conversation or Pro-Trump and saying things like that.

To be fair, as the OP I know he was trying to articulate a point that Trump's behavior isn't as unheard of as we think, but I think the subsequent discussion (not entirely driven by him) drove the post away from staying within the context of the OP and into its own.

I disagree with the original premise he presented as it's very whataboutism, but I do not think there's any intentional attempt to completely move away from the OP.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-21-2019, 07:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To be fair, as the OP I know he was trying to articulate a point that Trump's behavior isn't as unheard of as we think, but I think the subsequent discussion (not entirely driven by him) drove the post away from staying within the context of the OP and into its own.

I disagree with the original premise he presented as it's very whataboutism, but I do not think there's any intentional attempt to completely move away from the OP.

Then... The match resumes, play on.

Smirk
Well, from an outsider, you guys often talk about politics like if it was a sport rivalry, the left, the right ... chose a side and defend it at all costs.

It changed the last years drastically in worse. I remember clearly when we were on the former Bengals board, discussion were clearly more respectful between people. Sounds like millions of Sloppy Lombardi Slaps have raised from the swamp.

Those times are gone and you guys are as divided as ever taking radical stances and I've a hard time to see how you will overcome that peacefully.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(08-21-2019, 03:50 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Do you have any evidence of this? I haven't seen or heard anything of what you speak. You sound like a white guy projecting what he assumes/thinks about people he doesn't talk to.

This is my new favorite alter.  Sincerely.
(08-21-2019, 08:17 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, from an outsider, you guys often talk about politics like if it was a sport rivalry, the left, the right ... chose a side and defend it at all costs.

It changed the last years drastically in worse. I remember clearly when we were on the former Bengals board, discussion were clearly more respectful between people. Sounds like millions of Sloppy Lombardi Slaps have raised from the swamp.

Those times are gone and you guys are as divided as ever taking radical stances and I've a hard time to see how you will overcome that peacefully.

It's the Cold Civil War my friend.... Americans can't handle the internet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-21-2019, 08:17 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, from an outsider, you guys often talk about politics like if it was a sport rivalry, the left, the right ... chose a side and defend it at all costs.

Most of us get along fine here, and most people get along fine in our daily lives with each other.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall