Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Jr.'s Skittles Photo Taken By Former Refugee — And Used Without Permission
(09-23-2016, 06:48 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks.
I'm fairly ignorant, regarding intellectual property.

I do a lot of research and presentations in higher ed because of my job and some classes I take. As a result we have to take courses on laws regarding fair use and intellectual property stuff. We're non-profit, no money is being gained with what I do, but if I include something in a PowerPoint that I shouldn't have I can face disciplinary action because it opens up the university for liability.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-23-2016, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I find this sort of stuff troubling. The amount of stuff out there in an unrestricted creative commons capacity and you have to use copyrighted material without doing the legal thing first? Shows a lack of knowledge about the law, about business, and a certain amount of laziness.

Was there more to it than a picture of Skittles?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-23-2016, 11:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Was there more to it than a picture of Skittles?

I don't understand your question. The picture choice is what is the copyright infringement issue.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2016, 07:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't understand your question. The picture choice is what is the copyright infringement issue.

I'm just curious.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]