Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Labor Day Presser
(09-07-2020, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wish Brad would stop posting all these Pro trump threads.

Thanks for stopping by.  Anything to add about the press conference?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks for stopping by.  Anything to add about the press conference?

Nothing that I couldn't have put in 100 other threads. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 02:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Q:  How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?

A:  10, it takes ten tickles..

(09-07-2020, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wish Brad would stop posting all these Pro trump threads.

Off topic trolling reported.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing that I couldn't have put in 100 other threads. 

Actually, since your comments have nothing to do with the subject you could have added them to thousands of different threads.

That is how trolling works.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's like watching a train wreck...where the conductor is telling everyone that the train is fine and that the last conductor is causing all the wreckage. 

ha, I was actually wondering if you had a link to a live stream.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually, since your comments have nothing to do with the subject you could have added them to thousands of different threads.

That is how trolling works.

Well at least you chimed on to comment on the OP.

Off topic posts not reported. 

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Off topic trolling reported.

Some folks look after chickens as their life's vocation.

Does that make them Chicken Tenders?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's also saying the Paris police asked him not to drive to the cemetery...when all the other heads of state drove there.

Really? Because he was supposed to fly there by helicopter.
Reply/Quote
The POTUS is a very polarizing figure.  Some love him and some see him as a liar and a crook.

I'd wager that more people on this board dislike him than like him.  I am one who have never liked Donald Trump...long before he ran for office.

So when he claims to be holding a press conference but uses the entire beginning to make a campaign speech from the White House it is not only worth posting about but also will cause those who want to believe him that it is an attack on him.  It is just commentary any what he says.

This was a new event and thus no other threads to attach it to.

The mods are always welcome to combine threads.  And if they do so I fully understand.

What I do not understand is people commenting simple to disrupt the thread rather than on the subject of the thread just to complain of hijack it.

Today Trump used the White House (again) for a campaign speech.  That should bother more people than the number of threads about the POTUS on a political subforum, IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wendy's?  Ninja

All seriousness aside the "beef" is that he lies all the time and when he "just says" he believes it will be on the market "before November" he is misleading lots of people.

Not that his lying bothers a lot of people.

Is he really misleading a lot of people?  Seems like the media likes to take things that he says, and present them as if he said something different, some times.  Also, are you the vaccine czar that can definitively determine if a vaccine cannot be had by then?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: The POTUS is a very polarizing figure.  Some love him and some see him as a liar and a crook.

I'd wager that more people on this board dislike him than like him.  I am one who have never liked Donald Trump...long before he ran for office.

So when he claims to be holding a press conference but uses the entire beginning to make a campaign speech from the White House it is not only worth posting about but also will cause those who want to believe him that it is an attack on him.  It is just commentary any what he says.

This was a new event and thus no other threads to attach it to.

The mods are always welcome to combine threads.  And if they do so I fully understand.

What I do not understand is people commenting simple to disrupt the thread rather than on the subject of the thread just to complain of hijack it.

Today Trump used the White House (again) for a campaign speech.  That should bother more people than the number of threads about the POTUS on a political subforum, IMHO.

There's nothing wrong with a thread entirely about 1 press conference. 

It's quite different from posting the same exact thread 3 times with slightly different angles. 

"Sleepy Joe is senile. Democrats, why would anyone vote for him?"

"Sleepy Joe is senile. Democrats, why are you blindly supporting him?"

"Sleepy Joe is senile. Democrats, why would you let him debate?"

Ignore the trolls. It's a reflection of them, not you.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Trump may need hearing aids...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wendy's?  Ninja

All seriousness aside the "beef" is that he lies all the time and when he "just says" he believes it will be on the market "before November" he is misleading lots of people.

Not that his lying bothers a lot of people.

You realize that Biden & Harris lie also don't you ?

In a perfect world, it's not a quality that we should tolerate in our politicians but it's obvious on both sides. And no I won't post examples of either. 

But we all know it to be true.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is he really misleading a lot of people?  Seems like the media likes to take things that he says, and present them as if he said something different, some times.  Also, are you the vaccine czar that can definitively determine if a vaccine cannot be had by then?

If I was I'd have had a lot of fun with people on this board who claim to know a LOT about science.   Smirk

But no, sadly I am just a guy who reads a lot about how long a vaccine should take and trusts the process not the President knowing for lying and exaggerating all the time.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 04:03 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You realize that Biden & Harris lie also don't you ?

In a perfect world, it's not a quality that we should tolerate in our politicians but it's obvious on both sides. And no I won't post examples of either. 

But we all know it to be true.

Oh I understand most politicians are caught in mistruths and lies and exaggerations.  The current POTUS has made a career of it.  The list of examples of Trump lies are too long to mention but are well documented.

If someone punches you in the arm every time they see you to say HI, and someone else repeatedly hits you with a bat every time they see you which one would you say is the one who hits you the most?

"Both sides do it" is great and all but there is also the ratio of how often it happens to consider.
Reply/Quote
As long as you know.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is he really misleading a lot of people?  Seems like the media likes to take things that he says, and present them as if he said something different, some times.  Also, are you the vaccine czar that can definitively determine if a vaccine cannot be had by then?

He's a habitual liar so people shouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.  But, some people still believe him.  So, yes, he is misleading a lot of people. Just like he did all those people who gave money to Trump University or the Trump Foundation.

He claimed a vaccine would be ready before the presidential election November 3rd.  The Trump administration had the CDC notify the governors to be ready to distribute a Covid vaccine by November 1st.  In order to distribute a vaccine by November 1st, the trials would need to be complete and mass production already completed in less than two months.

The chance the both the pharmaceutical trials and vaccine production would be completed and underway for distribution to all 50 states is about the same as purple elephants with pink polka dots flying out your ass.  What would you say the odds are of elephants flying out your ass are?

This is nothing more than another re-election stunt like hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin, bleach injections, or powerful lights to kill the coronavirus; it's all bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some folks look after chickens as their life's vocation.

Does that make them Chicken Tenders?

Off topic trolling reported to board moderator.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Off topic trolling reported to board moderator.

Nervous

He's made more posts about the topic than you have.

Here's the thing:

The OP is nothing more than same shit new day. The OP makes no attempt to actually discuss the points made by the speech; he simply looks for tidbits and other things such as "campaigning from the White House" to slam POTUS. It is nothing that hasn't been done in this forum ad nauseum by the OP

You and others that come in here and White Knight the OP would be the exact same ones slamming others for continually posting with the same intention. I saw it with Lucie and I see it with Brad. 

Apparently as a whole the Mods approve of this constant flooding of the forum, but I applaud at least one who calls a spade a spade. 

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the thing:

The OP is nothing more than same shit new day. The OP makes no attempt to actually discuss the points made by the speech; he simply looks for tidbits and other things such as "campaigning from the White House" to slam POTUS. It is nothing that hasn't been done in this forum ad nauseum by the OP

Here is the thing:

The OP commented on DIRECT QUOTES from the presser.  Some of which I had never heard him say before.

Based on your logic none of us would be allowed to say anything about Trump for the rest of the campaign.
Reply/Quote