Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Poor People Shouldn't Run the Economy
And I kind of agree.  You should have people who understand how the economy works making decisions.

But that doesn't mean they have to be billionaires.  And it certainly doesn't mean it should be people who got money from daddy and made horrible decisions but helped shape laws that made it impossible for them to fail because they already had money.

https://www.drudge.com/news/212348/trump-poor-people-shouldnt-run-economy

Quote:

The president explained that Ross and his economic adviser Gary Cohn "had to give up a lot to take these jobs" and that Cohn in particular, a former president of Goldman Sachs, "went from massive pay days to peanuts."

Trump added: "And I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don't want a poor person. Does that make sense?"

File this under rich guy who thinks only rich guys are smart and successful.

#draintheswamp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So, this is just taking the elitism of typical neoliberal thought, and removing the expertise that is sought in the elites from the picture. That is the opposite of what should happen. When people spout this bullshit, and people that it will affect negatively agree with it, I am just left a bit speechless.

[Image: i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo...0x1200.png]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-22-2017, 12:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, this is just taking the elitism of typical neoliberal thought, and removing the expertise that is sought in the elites from the picture. That is the opposite of what should happen. When people spout this bullshit, and people that it will affect negatively agree with it, I am just left a bit speechless.

[Image: i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo...0x1200.png]

Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I wish people who understood economics ran the economy. That's a pipe dream, I know. Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-22-2017, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: And I kind of agree.  You should have people who understand how the economy works making decisions.

But that doesn't mean they have to be billionaires.  And it certainly doesn't mean it should be people who got money from daddy and made horrible decisions but helped shape laws that made it impossible for them to fail because they already had money.

https://www.drudge.com/news/212348/trump-poor-people-shouldnt-run-economy

File this under rich guy who thinks only rich guys are smart and successful.

#draintheswamp

This brings up another symptom of "changing America" which bothers me.

Rich people have long bragged about wealth, but not politicians.

Now a sector of the middle and lower classes seem to be eating that up. All the worse because they are so ready to forgive or over look what used to be crippling character flaws--the lying, making fun of disabled, mistreating women. This sends a message to grade and middle schoolers for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]