Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-18-2018, 09:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No long dissertation, just that I feel censure is a completely appropriate response to this shit show.

I agree with Matt on this, but not Dino because I don’t want to give him the satisfaction. Even if you are just political I think it would be a good move. Plus 435 or would it be 535 tweets would be something to see.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2018, 09:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Daddy is going to let Granddaddy come over and interrogate US citizens.  

Total power bottom move.

If that happens, there should be serious consequences.  Unacceptable on a level that's beyond even what we're used to from this administration.

For the record, I don't see it happening. Way too easy to use against Trump and it would prove beyond any doubt that he's controlled by the Russians.
(07-18-2018, 09:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Daddy is going to let Granddaddy come over and interrogate US citizens.  

Total power bottom move.

Yeah that one really left me stunned. All the other talk was in some form heard already. This one is so amazing. Starting with Trump promoting Putin's "interesting" idea, calling it an "incredible offer". Russian investigators investigating a Russian crime against the US. 
And of course, as a sign of goodwill and to be fair, the US would in return allow Russian investigators to come to the US to investigate Bill Browder and God knows who.

Accepting that idea and actually pushing for it in his remarks really comes quite close to treasonous behaviour.

And now back to square one, paint the Trump critics as even worse than that. As it always needs to be. The trenches dig itself.
(07-17-2018, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree the whole trip was an unmitigated disaster; unfortunately, it gets lost in the white noise of considering everything he does  disaster and as I have said numerous times: Folks grow tired of the Boy who cried wolf.

For instance I viewed the NK summit as a huge success and the Russian summit as a huge failure. However, to those that really don't keep up with this stuff it just seems more of the same. I've said for a while many on here are their own worst enemy.

When will folks grow tired of the wolf?

Singapore was a HUGE success.  NK and China, who keep up with this stuff, agree.  
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/asia/kim-trump-success-for-north-korea-intl/index.html

Trump is not his own worst enemy; his critics are their own worst enemy. Somehow.  No one disputes that you have "said it for a while."
(07-18-2018, 09:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No long dissertation, just that I feel censure is a completely appropriate response to this shit show.

Damn!  

I was looking for a historical perspective and a pro or con option...while I was rewatching UHF with the kids last night.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2018, 03:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah that one really left me stunned. All the other talk was in some form heard already. This one is so amazing. Starting with Trump promoting Putin's "interesting" idea, calling it an "incredible offer". Russian investigators investigating a Russian crime against the US. 
And of course, as a sign of goodwill and to be fair, the US would in return allow Russian investigators to come to the US to investigate Bill Browder and God knows who.

Accepting that idea and actually pushing for it in his remarks really comes quite close to treasonous behaviour.

And now back to square one, paint the Trump critics as even worse than that. As it always needs to be. The trenches dig itself.

You can tell the guy who is just BS'ing his way through stuff he doesn't understand when he throws all kinds of adjectives and just repeating what he was told with no depth to the discussion.
(07-19-2018, 08:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Damn!  

I was looking for a historical perspective and a pro or con option...while I was rewatching UHF with the kids last night.   Smirk

Nah, I'm on vacation right now, so my brain is shut off when it comes to anything but fishing, eating, drinking, or sleeping. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-19-2018, 08:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nah, I'm on vacation right now, so my brain is shut off when it comes to anything but fishing, eating, drinking, or sleeping. LOL

Well of course.  It takes a lot of brain power to hold a stick with a string on it.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-18-2018, 09:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Trump got played like a fool by NK and Kim. By now that's undisputable. He caved and gave Kim what he so desired and for nothing. Some one page document that means nothing as NK continues their Nuclear program.

Folks consider that a success? The bar set by Trump supporters is too low for an American President.

It's almost as if Kim and Putin is elevating the American President on the world stage. That is disgraceful.

In addition, Kim got invites and meetings from at least four other heads of state. My concern is that this summit made sanctions much harder to enforce. It was an opening for Kim, not the US. The photograph of Kim and Trump on the world stage with equal footing still grinds me.

China also wanted the US to cancel its annual military exercise. Trump can always re-start it.  But if he does, then what was all the "success" of the summit? Things that fool Trump into thinking "accomplishment" also fool his supporters, at least until Helsinki.

On the other side, though, Trump did get very general, unenforceable agreements and massive world attention. Obama never achieved that.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/18/opinions/donald-trump-wrong-nato-montenegro-cristol/index.html

President Donald Trump implicitly questioned why Americans should die for Montenegrins, saying they were "very aggressive people" who may trigger World War III.

LMFAO. It's as big as Rhode Island. What is wrong with that guy ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/19/trump-putin-conversation-about-russian-interrogation-of-u-s-diplomat-prompts-outrage-astonishment/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.04523f39942d

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/18/bill-browder-putin-talking-trump-about-investigating-him-im-appalled

WH considering turning Americans over to Putin. Won't even ask if he'd turn over the 30 Russians indicted in the attack against America, but willing to sell Americans out.

Disgrace. But carry on claiming America first Trump supporters....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-19-2018, 09:59 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/18/opinions/donald-trump-wrong-nato-montenegro-cristol/index.html

President Donald Trump implicitly questioned why Americans should die for Montenegrins, saying they were "very aggressive people" who may trigger World War III.

You don't have a enough time for that list.

The short version: Trump probably has no idea where it is and only care about making money and his own name.  
(07-19-2018, 10:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/19/trump-putin-conversation-about-russian-interrogation-of-u-s-diplomat-prompts-outrage-astonishment/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.04523f39942d

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/18/bill-browder-putin-talking-trump-about-investigating-him-im-appalled

WH considering turning Americans over to Putin. Won't even ask if he'd turn over the 30 Russians indicted in the attack against America, but willing to sell Americans out.

Disgrace. But carry on claiming America first Trump supporters....

While his own State Department denounces the idea.  Who's side is this guy on?  Is he just so moronic that he doesn't know any better?
(07-19-2018, 09:59 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/18/opinions/donald-trump-wrong-nato-montenegro-cristol/index.html

'Tiny little country.  Rhode Island could beat the crap out of it in a war."

(07-19-2018, 10:32 AM)samhain Wrote: While his own State Department denounces the idea.  Who's side is this guy on?  Is he just so moronic that he doesn't know any better?

Yes.
(07-19-2018, 03:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah that one really left me stunned. All the other talk was in some form heard already. This one is so amazing. Starting with Trump promoting Putin's "interesting" idea, calling it an "incredible offer". Russian investigators investigating a Russian crime against the US. 

I learned very early into Trump's presidency that what he says shouldn't concern you until he actually follows though with it.  The man is mercurial, I've used that exact word to describe him for a long time.  In one of GM's fail threads he tried to get pro gun people riled up over Trump's proposed gun restrictions.  I, correctly, responded that I highly doubted any of the proposals would actually be acted on and that Trump was just being Trump.  Then nothing happened at all and I was proven correct.

So, don't actually be worried about the implications of this until it actually happens, because it almost certainly won't.
(07-19-2018, 10:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I learned very early into Trump's presidency that what he says shouldn't concern you until he actually follows though with it.  The man is mercurial, I've used that exact word to describe him for a long time.  In one of GM's fail threads he tried to get pro gun people riled up over Trump's proposed gun restrictions.  I, correctly, responded that I highly doubted any of the proposals would actually be acted on and that Trump was just being Trump.  Then nothing happened at all and I was proven correct.

So, don't actually be worried about the implications of this until it actually happens, because it almost certainly won't.

Do ya think the rubes will vote for him what he's done (fail) or what he's said (lies)?

Thanks for mentioning me though...
(07-19-2018, 10:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I learned very early into Trump's presidency that what he says shouldn't concern you until he actually follows though with it.

Yeah then you learned something strange. I for one still think it's concerning when he calls the media the real enemy of the people, even if he doesn't follow through with it.

Regarding the matter at hand, I don't think he'll follow through with that and let Russians do the investigations on themselves and on US citizens. Yeah, that won't happen. That doesn't mean that what he said is irrelevant and not worth a mention. An US president embarrassing himself and the country matters.
If you don't think he embarrassed himself and the country, because he just said words or for whatever reason, there's only half a country in the whole world seeing it like that.

As for your gun fight with Dino, I don't want to get into that. I believe you when you say you were right in said thread.
(07-19-2018, 11:10 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah then you learned something strange. I for one still think it's concerning when he calls the media the real enemy of the people, even if he doesn't follow through with it.

Regarding the matter at hand, I don't think he'll follow through with that and let Russians do the investigations on themselves and on US citizens. Yeah, that won't happen. That doesn't mean that what he said is irrelevant and not worth a mention. An US president embarrassing himself and the country matters.
If you don't think he embarrassed himself and the country, because he just said words or for whatever reason, there's only half a country in the whole world seeing it like that.

As for your gun fight with Dino, I don't want to get into that. I believe you when you say you were right in said thread.

You should.  He's never wrong.   Ninja

WTS, my point then (as now) is that Trump will say anything that pops into his tiny mind, especially if he thinks people will praise him for it.  With the gun topic no sane person thought he'd do it or that anything would get done...just not going to happen.  It's all talk to get votes.  But it's fun to watch people SUPPORT Trump when he says he's going to build a wall, run into a building to stop a shooter himself, etc...and then claim no one should listen to what he says.  Just see what he DOES.  So when he SAYS he believe Putin but not US intelligence, then says he misspoke, which was the lie?  All we can do it base it on what he DOES which is praise Putin all the time.   
(07-19-2018, 11:10 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah then you learned something strange. I for one still think it's concerning when he calls the media the real enemy of the people, even if he doesn't follow through with it.

I would agree with that.  There is a difference between statements like that and him proposing a course of action.

Quote:Regarding the matter at hand, I don't think he'll follow through with that and let Russians do the investigations on themselves and on US citizens. Yeah, that won't happen. That doesn't mean that what he said is irrelevant and not worth a mention. An US president embarrassing himself and the country matters.

While I agree that Trump's words were ill advised I think the outrage over them has been a bit hyperbolic.  No, he should not have intimated that he believes Putin over our own intelligence services.  I was listening to Howard Stern yesterday and he made a very good point, IMO.  He pointed out that Trump seems to feel that acknowledging Russian interference somehow diminishes his electoral victory and thus his authority.  hence his reluctance to flat out admit the obvious.  

Quote:If you don't think he embarrassed himself and the country, because he just said words or for whatever reason, there's only half a country in the whole world seeing it like that.

I'll take your word for it.