Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
(07-11-2018, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you cannot see that the difference is because Japan didn't enter into a pledge with us; then no difference in the world could be presented to dispute your "point". 

I fully realize that we got no pledge from Japan.  But that does not answer my question.

Why didn't we require a pledge from Japan like we did from our NATO allies?
(07-11-2018, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I fully realize that we got no pledge from Japan.  But that does not answer my question.

Did we require it, or was that just the agreement?  Did we say "2% or we are out", or is that the number that the alliance decided on?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-11-2018, 04:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Did we require it, or was that just the agreement?  Did we say "2% or we are out", or is that the number that the alliance decided on?

It seems many on here have done no research into the matter.  But Trump didn't either.  He just sees numbers and thinks he can work it like his businesses.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-11-2018, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: It seems many on here have done no research into the matter.  But Trump didn't either.  He just sees numbers and thinks he can work it like his businesses.  

That's why I'm asking, and not making a statement of fact or arguing a point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-11-2018, 04:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's why I'm asking, and not making a statement of fact or arguing a point.

I get that.

I'm encouraging people to read and learn.

Most of the posts on this board are simply lacking an source material.  I suggest everyone do some light reading.
(07-11-2018, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I fully realize that we got no pledge from Japan.  But that does not answer my question.

We didn't "require" anything. It was a common pledge made by member of an alliance. Why don't we require a NATO pledge from:

China

Austrailia

Indonesia

Sri Lanka

Bolivia
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-2-percent-nato-benchmark-red-herring-19472

https://www.nato.int/cps/ie/natohq/topics_67655.htm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/world/europe/nato-trump-spending.html

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2017/02/16/military-spending-by-nato-members
What do we think about the Pipeline that Trump is pissed about:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/07/11/the-russian-pipeline-to-germany-that-trump-is-so-mad-about-explained/?utm_term=.ddde7c2877be

Quote:on Wednesday morning, Trump took aim at the Germans for a very different reason: an 800-mile-long, planned pipeline beneath the Baltic Sea. The German government has been pursuing its Nord Stream 2 project for years, despite criticism from the United States and some Eastern European nations.

Trump renewed the long-standing U.S. criticism of the project on Wednesday, and doubled down by tying it to the future of NATO. “Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia,” Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, speaking on camera. “We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that’s being paid to the country we’re supposed to be protecting you against.”

(07-11-2018, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do we think about the Pipeline that Trump is pissed about:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/07/11/the-russian-pipeline-to-germany-that-trump-is-so-mad-about-explained/?utm_term=.ddde7c2877be

Europe has been dependent on Russian oil and gas for years and they will be for years in the future.

What does Trump suggest they do instead of buying cheap oil from Russia?
(07-11-2018, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Europe has been dependent on Russian oil and gas for years and they will be for years in the future.

What does Trump suggest they do instead of buying cheap oil from Russia?

Not all of Europe as it seems this pipeline is bypassing many Eastern European Nations. 

I think/hope he suggests they buy it from us/ Canada or other NATO Nations. Probably shouldn't get in bed with Putin; don't you agree? 

(07-11-2018, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not all of Europe as it seems this pipeline is bypassing many Eastern European Nations. 

I think/hope he suggests they buy it from us/ Canada or other NATO Nations. Probably shouldn't get in bed with Putin; don't you agree? 

I don't think we have the right to complain about where anyone buys their oil when we have been licking the balls of Saudi Arabia even after their boys took down the Twin Towers.

The entire EU is dependent on Russian oil and gas.  They import 70% of what they use and 35% of that comes from Russia.  
The US gets most of it's oil from those rapists in Mexico, Nicaragua, one of the ****hole African countries (Nigeria) and the persian gulf...where all of the 9/11 hijackers came from.

Oh...and Canada.  Which we know, thanks to the POTUS, burned down the White House once and isn't "fair" to us and who the POTUS wants to start a trade war with.

[Image: gr-oilprod-300.gif]

But Germany!  How about Germany getting theirs from the RUSSIANS?!?!  WHO would want to do business with the Russians?!?!  Mellow
(07-11-2018, 09:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: The US gets most of it's oil from those rapists in Mexico, Nicaragua, one of the ****hole African countries (Nigeria) and the persian gulf...where all of the 9/11 hijackers came from.

Oh...and Canada.  Which we know, thanks to the POTUS, burned down the White House once and isn't "fair" to us and who the POTUS wants to start a trade war with.

[Image: gr-oilprod-300.gif]

But Germany!  How about Germany getting theirs from the RUSSIANS?!?!  WHO would want to do business with the Russians?!?!  Mellow

Apparently not as good as Pie Charts as you; but it looks like we produce the biggest portion of our oil and over 1/2 our oil is from NATO sources. 

It appears folks don't want to provide their thoughts on what they think about the pipeline from Russia to Germany; they just want to try and create the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy. 

(07-11-2018, 09:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think we have the right to complain about where anyone buys their oil when we have been licking the balls of Saudi Arabia even after their boys took down the Twin Towers.

The entire EU is dependent on Russian oil and gas.  They import 70% of what they use and 35% of that comes from Russia.  

Perhaps we have a right to complain when we flip the majority of the bill to protect that country from Russia and that country does not live up to its obligations of NATO. You do realize Germany really has no Army don't you. Let Germany and Russia go to war without our support and see what happens. Merkle may change to expression of that stink eye when she asks for a little help. 

(07-11-2018, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently not as good as Pie Charts as you; but it looks like we produce the biggest portion of our oil and over 1/2 our oil is from NATO sources. 

It appears folks don't want to provide their thoughts on what they think about the pipeline from Russia to Germany; they just want to try and create the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy. 

I had a nice long response, but as you are incapable of providing sources or anything really other than snark and opinion there's no point.

The TDS (Trump Delusion Syndrome) is strong with you.  Defending him no matter what he says or does.  It's sad.

Rock On
(07-11-2018, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently not as good as Pie Charts as you; but it looks like we produce the biggest portion of our oil and over 1/2 our oil is from NATO sources. 

Isn't the German pipeline with Russia a natural gas pipeline, not an oil pipeline?

I think the Germans would absolutely love to buy natural gas from us rather than the Russians, particularly considering that the Russians have shut off service to Western Europe several times for political purposes. But I don't think it is very economical to ship natural gas rather than pipe since it is a gas and not a liquid and because it is so volitile. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Isn't the German pipeline with Russia a natural gas pipeline, not an oil pipeline?

I think the Germans would absolutely love to buy natural gas from us rather than the Russians, particularly considering that the Russians have shut off service to Western Europe several times for political purposes. But I don't think it is very economical to ship natural gas rather than pipe since it is a gas and not a liquid and because it is so volitile. 

Yes but how is that a defense of Trump for his ramblings?

Ninja
(07-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Isn't the German pipeline with Russia a natural gas pipeline, not an oil pipeline?

It is and we've made huge gains in shipping liquefied Natural Gas. We exported to 28 countries in 2017. 

I don't think it's very economical of us to continue to protect Germany while they do nothing in return. 

(07-11-2018, 09:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: I had a nice long response, but as you are incapable of providing sources or anything really other than snark and opinion there's no point.

The TDS (Trump Delusion Syndrome) is strong with you.  Defending him no matter what he says or does.  It's sad.

Rock On

I'm not required to provide a source when yours proves my point.

Didn't defend (yet) simply asked people what they thought. 

As far as I know every single country on earth buys the majority of their oil and gas from the cheapest source. So why would Trump think Germany should do any different?

Our second largest source of imported oil is the country whose boys took down the Twin Towers. What is Trump doing about that?