Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Slams Allies in favor of Putin (again)...
What could possibly go wrong with us fighting with Germany, not aiding in their defense and demanding they increasing their military spending?

Mellow

You really do miss Lucie. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-11-2018, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As far as I know every single country on earth buys the majority of their oil and gas from the cheapest source.  So why would Trump think Germany should do any different?

Our second largest source of imported oil is the country whose boys took down the Twin Towers.  What is Trump doing about that?

When the hell did Canada take down the twin towers? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-11-2018, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not required to provide a source when yours proves my point.

Didn't defend (yet) simply asked people what they thought. 

Admitting you have a problem is the first step....
(07-11-2018, 10:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Admitting you have a problem is the first step....

Yep, it's obvious that I have a problem. All you have to do is read the replies to a simple question I posed. 

(07-11-2018, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps we have a right to complain when we flip the majority of the bill to protect that country from Russia 

We only provide approximately 22% of the actual NATO budget.

The United States does not spend money on defense as a charity for Germany or any other country.  We spend that money because we want the benefits of being the world's main military super power.
(07-11-2018, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, it's obvious that I have a problem. All you have to do is read the replies to a simple question I posed. 

Sad

One step forward...two steps back.
(07-11-2018, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We only provide approximately 22% of the actual NATO budget.

The United States does not spend money on defense as a charity for Germany or any other country.  We spend that money because we want the benefits of being the world's main military super power.

I provided links explaining the NATO budget and how it works.  Some people prefer to remain ignorant so they argue their point.
(07-11-2018, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it's very economical of us to continue to protect Germany while they do nothing in return. 

We do it for other countries all over the world.

We spend on military power because we want the benefits of being a military super power.  We do it for us, not Germany.
(07-11-2018, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our second largest source of imported oil is the country whose boys took down the Twin Towers.  What is Trump doing about that?

(07-11-2018, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When the hell did Canada take down the twin towers? 

If Canada is second who is first?
(07-11-2018, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We only provide approximately 22% of the actual NATO budget.

Yes Fred. I was the one that explained to you that we spend 22% of the direct funding of NATO. That does not count for the indirect spending such as funding our bases in Germany. 

But I take it you don't think we should suggest Germany should take money away from Russia and give it to NATO sources. 

I remember when we had clear thinking, well spoken people running things.

[Image: 36983013_2671894649497215_10578987719768...e=5BD440CF]

The ones that others call "weak" because they didn't "talk tough enough" and who now support a blowhard and offer no other suggestion on how to do things...just complaints and excuses for Trump.  Sad.
(07-11-2018, 10:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We do it for other countries all over the world.

We spend on military power because we want the benefits of being a military super power.  We do it for us, not Germany.

I'm not sure you're addressing the points made. 

(07-11-2018, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, it's obvious that I have a problem. All you have to do is read the replies to a simple question I posed. 

It seems that everyone gave you a simple answer.  Germany is doing the exact same thing that the US and other countries do.  So why can we criticize them?
(07-11-2018, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Canada is second who is first?

Latin America

(07-11-2018, 10:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It seems that everyone gave you a simple answer.  Germany is doing the exact same thing that the US and other countries do.  So why can we criticize them?

Because folks criticize the shit out of the USA under the Trump administration. And they are not doing the same thing we are doing. 

Let us make an economical deal with Russia and watch what happens.

(07-11-2018, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure you're addressing the points made. 

Yes I am.  You just are not getting it.

Our military budget is for our own gain, not Germany.  Therefore we can't act like we have the right to tell them what to do because of something we do for ourselves.
(07-11-2018, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let us make an economical deal with Russia and watch what happens.

If Russia was the cheapest source of oil and gas for us we would make a deal in a second.

How is Russia worse than Saudi Arabia?
(07-11-2018, 10:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I am.  You just are not getting it.

Our military budget is for our own gain, not Germany.  Therefore we can't act like we have the right to tell them what to do because of something we do for ourselves.

Do we have the right to demand they meet the agreement of 2% and to fulfill Article 3 of NATO? We have every right to tell them what they should do when they want to give us the stink eye for choosing not to support them in the manner we have anymore. 

(07-11-2018, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our second largest source of imported oil is the country whose boys took down the Twin Towers.  What is Trump doing about that?

(07-11-2018, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Canada is second who is first?

(07-11-2018, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Latin America

LMAO
(07-11-2018, 10:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Russia was the cheapest source of oil and gas for us we would make a deal in a second.

How is Russia worse than Saudi Arabia?

I'll just take you at your word if you don't think the left will explode if we leave Russia with an economic deal. Oil. gas. or otherwise.

The difference is we get about 14% of our energy from SA partly because we want to conserve ours. SA stops exporting to us they hurt them not us.