Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump and his family move
They have legally changed their residence to Mar A Lago in Florida.

Of course blamed how "badly he was treated" in New York...and of course now when he's spending all winter there he can claim he is just at his "home" and not on vacation.

I've seen a few things about some tax breaks he will receive under the tax bill he signed too but I'm not sure about that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I honestly think, he thinks, it will help shelter him from the DOJ southern district. There are the added tax benefits, one of them include a homestead exemption in bankruptcy, so it could be a preemptive move expecting to be sued into bankruptcy when he leaves office.
There's no state income tax. Not sure if that matters as I assume he spends more than six months in DC, but it would matter after he was President.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Honestly, I hope he does stay in Florida. He is probably the most "Florida Man" of our presidents.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
If you take any headline about Trump and replace his name with "Florida man" the story just seems to fit better. I approve of this move, even though it seems likely that he did it for a combination of tax benefits, distance from those investigating him and potential excuses for golfing (and vacationing) even more than he already does.

*shrug*
He can't go out in public without getting booed in New York.
(11-04-2019, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He can't go out in public without getting booed in New York.

Possibly because that city is one where he bragged he could kill someone in broad daylight with hundreds of witnesses and his followers wouldn't care.  I used to work in Manhattan and I walked down 5th Avenue quite a lot...the notion that Trump could have shot me and no one would care just rings far too true to me.

Side note, I have to wonder if anyone around me now would care if Trump bragged that he could shoot a MAGA hat wearing PA redneck and no one would care.
(11-04-2019, 08:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Possibly because that city is one where he bragged he could kill someone in broad daylight with hundreds of witnesses and his followers wouldn't care.  I used to work in Manhattan and I walked down 5th Avenue quite a lot...the notion that Trump could have shot me and no one would care just rings far too true to me.

Side note, I have to wonder if anyone around me now would care if Trump bragged that he could shoot a MAGA hat wearing PA redneck and no one would care.

I think that's just because it's New York, rather than Trump or Trump supporters.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/As-Good-Samaritan-Dies-on-Street-Pedestrians-Walk-on-By-92015664.html
Quote:Several people turned their heads to look at the man lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood, and a few gawked before moving on.

Finally, a man stopped, shook the body and partially turned the Tale-Yax over to reveal his wounds.

Firefighters responding to a 911 call arrived 15 minutes later. By then, he was dead.

It had been nearly an hour and a half since he was stabbed -- and more than 20 people had walked on by without helping him.

- - - - - -

Back to the majority of the thread, I am 100% on board with replacing Trump with Florida Man. Some of those Florida Man articles you see now and again are just mind boggling displays.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-05-2019, 10:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think that's just because it's New York, rather than Trump or Trump supporters.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/As-Good-Samaritan-Dies-on-Street-Pedestrians-Walk-on-By-92015664.html

- - - - - -

In all fairness the whole "I could shot a man and my supporters would still support me" came before audio of him bragging about being a sex offender emerged and his supporters still supported him, so the cat is outta the bag.
(11-05-2019, 12:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness the whole "I could shot a man and my supporters would still support me" came before audio of him bragging about being a sex offender emerged and his supporters still supported him, so the cat is outta the bag.

Audio of someone saying they did something =/= watching someone actually do something much worse live.

"Good" football example is Ray Rice. He got suspended a couple games because of spouse abuse and some people were upset about him. Then the video came out of him knocking her unconscious and dragging her limp unconscious body out of an elevator by a foot and it was an entirely different thing. The reaction of people would have likely gone one step further if they were there in the elevator when it happened.

Saying because people voted for him despite the "grab them by the" audio means those same people would literally stand there and watch him just walk up and shoot someone and still support him is a HUGE leap to make, Nate. Like a Grand Canyon-while-wearing-lead-shoes sized leap. Come on now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-05-2019, 01:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Audio of someone saying they did something =/= watching someone actually do something much worse live.

"Good" football example is Ray Rice. He got suspended a couple games because of spouse abuse and some people were upset about him. Then the video came out of him knocking her unconscious and dragging her limp unconscious body out of an elevator by a foot and it was an entirely different thing. The reaction of people would have likely gone one step further if they were there in the elevator when it happened.

Saying because people voted for him despite the "grab them by the" audio means those same people would literally stand there and watch him just walk up and shoot someone and still support him is a HUGE leap to make, Nate. Like a Grand Canyon-while-wearing-lead-shoes sized leap. Come on now.

Ehh maybe...I don't think it's that much of a stretch.  A guy is accused by many women of doing something and he's bragging about doing it and that gets brushed off?  People tend to underestimate how graphic and unsettling actually shooting and killing someone is thanks to television and movies so the average American's understanding of how awesome/easy it is to shoot and kill someone is pretty skewed anyways.

I'm a total cynic so forgive me if I actually feel like shooting and killing someone wouldn't convince someone that they should "let the other side get in power and wreck everything."  Trump and Clinton and that Roy Moore crap have made it clear that "probably a sex offender" is something we can overlook, so I can see people saying "Trump killed some libtard in Manhattan?  Awesome!"

Again, I'm a total cynic. I've heard my GF's right-wing family actually discuss shooting and killing "intruders" with an odd sort of fetish-style glee. It's generic and bs and they have no idea what they are talking about or how it would actually go, but at the same it's sort of like the way people used to sit around in college and talk about how "we should totally form a band! That would be awesome!" I'm way off track here, though.