Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump and the GOP will lose in 2024 unless..
(11-08-2023, 05:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Sure.
What is the relevance?

You don't see the relevance of a US senator who goes on to be the VP and POTUS has past ties with a KKK clan member??????
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You don't see the relevance of a US senator who goes on to be the VP and POTUS has past ties with a KKK clan member??????

What is the relevance to the topic at hand?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you are afraid people revolve. Yet, you voted for Biden who like Clinton voted for laws to put black men behind bars. Biden said he evolved and you believed him. Hell black men believed him. I am not so sure black men still trust Joe Biden changed. He has dragged them down in the mud again financially.

Are you saying Republicans evolved from people who believe abortion is murder to people who don't believe abortion is murder?
Reply/Quote
I might take republicans more serious about this issue if they showed even the slightest interest in children after they're actually born, but they don't. It's purely a wedge issue for them, nothing more, nothing less. I might take them more serious if they framed abortion as a threat to a healthy demography since the boomer generation has basically aged out of the workforce, but they don't care about that either. They ONLY use false scare tactics and frame it as murder, but once a baby is born they could care less if the cat drags a baby under the couch and eats it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I might take republicans more serious about this issue if they showed even the slightest interest in children after they're actually born, but they don't. It's purely a wedge issue for them, nothing more, nothing less. I might take them more serious if they framed abortion as a threat to a healthy demography since the boomer generation has basically aged out of the workforce, but they don't care about that either. They ONLY use false scare tactics and frame it as murder, but once a baby is born they could care less if the cat drags a baby under the couch and eats it.. 

The answer isn't to outlaw ______, but to address the reasons why Americans _______ and to provide social and psychological support, because if you outlaw _____ only outlaws will have ________.

Choose your responses:

1. guns, misuse guns, guns, guns
2. abortions, get abortions, abortions, abortions
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The answer isn't to outlaw ______, but to address the reasons why Americans _______ and to provide social and psychological support, because if you outlaw _____ only outlaws will have ________.

Choose your responses:

1. guns, misuse guns, guns, guns
2. abortions, get abortions, abortions, abortions

Try that psychobabble on others Nate.. The world is a whole lot more complex than a few fill in the blanks..  Hilarious

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Try that psychobabble on others Nate.. The world is a whole lot more complex than a few fill in the blanks..  Hilarious

Pffft, our political system isn't color-coded because we're all geniuses. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pffft, our political system isn't color-coded because we're all geniuses. 

You got that right, but anyone who thinks in terms of color coordinating geopolitics deserves whatever ill will they have coming..  

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: You got that right, but anyone who thinks in terms of color coordinating geopolitics deserves whatever ill will they have coming..  

Vote yellow, no matter the dame or fellow!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I might take republicans more serious about this issue if they showed even the slightest interest in children after they're actually born, but they don't. It's purely a wedge issue for them, nothing more, nothing less. I might take them more serious if they framed abortion as a threat to a healthy demography since the boomer generation has basically aged out of the workforce, but they don't care about that either. They ONLY use false scare tactics and frame it as murder, but once a baby is born they could care less if the cat drags a baby under the couch and eats it.. 

I said for years they didn't really want it overturned (the elected officials I mean) because then they wouldn't have the issue to run on.  

Now all they have is: They're coming for your guns, immigrants are raping and killing us, trans people are grooming your children, teachers are too, gay marriage is destroying the sanctity of marriage, bring god back, etc...lol.

Today I heard someone say they hoped that this would be something where they showed "compromise" and that would translate into votes...but they have lost the narrative and it is really hurting them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 03:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: I said for years they didn't really want it overturned (the elected officials I mean) because then they wouldn't have the issue to run on.  

Now all they have is: They're coming for your guns, immigrants are raping and killing us, trans people are grooming your children, teachers are too, gay marriage is destroying the sanctity of marriage, bring god back, etc...lol.

Today I heard someone say they hoped that this would be something where they showed "compromise" and that would translate into votes...but they have lost the narrative and it is really hurting them.

An issue is that when a political party frames abortion as the slaughter of children, they are going to get some pushback from their own voters when they attempt to pivot and say that abortion, aka the slaughter of children, has to be allowed in some circumstances.

There are people who would rather lose elections than compromise on abortion.  Not all of them are going to go along with things just because a member of the republican party is telling them they need to allow certain children to be slaughtered in order to get their tax breaks or litter boxes out of schools.  Pounding it into their heads that democrats want to keep it legal to slaughter children, you'll get support, but when you try to then compromise after framing things in that manner, well good luck.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Are you saying Republicans evolved from people who believe abortion is murder to people who don't believe abortion is murder?

As a staunch pro life person, I have evolved. I know many women who have had abortions, some for medical reasons but most for other reasons. The answer for me is once a baby can live outside the womb, no abortion should be permitted to a healthy mother and baby.

I see now more than ever why a mother is forced into tough decisions with an unplanned pregnancy. The mother needs to get counseling, financial help, help from the man who helped her be in that situation.

I think as adults we have many things to discuss. An abortion is final, but we need to support those who choose to abort within 3.5 to 4 months. It is a terribly hard decision for a mother to make and often times they are wrongly influenced as abortion is the only and best option only to immediately regret it and have no way of changing their decision. So, they mourn the rest of the lives which is not health for anyone.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 04:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As a staunch pro life person, I have evolved. I know many women who have had abortions, some for medical reasons but most for other reasons. The answer for me is once a baby can live outside the womb, no abortion should be permitted to a healthy mother and baby.

I see now more than ever why a mother is forced into tough decisions with an unplanned pregnancy. The mother needs to get counseling, financial help, help from the man who helped her be in that situation.

I think as adults we have many things to discuss. An abortion is final, but we need to support those who choose to abort within 3.5 to 4 months. It is a terribly hard decision for a mother to make and often times they are wrongly influenced as abortion is the only and best option only to immediately regret it and have no way of changing their decision. So, they mourn the rest of the lives which is not health for anyone.

I think this is a reasonable take on abortion. The Ohio Issue #1 set the limit for accessibility to an abortion in healthy mother/baby circumstances to be viability, which is what you describe here. Would you say that you would have voted yes for Issue #1 had you been an Ohio resident?
Reply/Quote