Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump asking supporters to fund new plane...
(03-18-2022, 10:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump has spent the last decade claiming elections were rigged, starting with Obama's win in 2012. 

Okay. And he gets shit for every move he makes from every single institution ranging from academia, media, Hollywood and so on. Can the same be said for literally any dem who claims the same? I’m pretty sure Stacey Abrams still hasn’t conceded. Trump was not a legitimate president per Hillary Clinton.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Okay.

[Image: V12mcwhD_400x400.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tin foil hat.

Hm. Did you hear about the "Green bay sweep" and what it was all about? Or have you listened to Trump calling Mr. Raffensberger and requesting he just finds the votes he needs to win Georgia?

And for sure, Republicans found this a despicable act. From Raffensberger, to not comply. There is no Raffensberger next time around that denies such requests from Trump, these people get censured, swept aside, ousted. This is all actually happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: V12mcwhD_400x400.jpg]

Sure. Meaningless online political conversation is gonna be meaningless and result in nothing anyway. Cheers Nate.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:53 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Cheers Nate.

[Image: V12mcwhD_400x400.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Okay. And he gets shit for every move he makes from every single institution ranging from academia, media, Hollywood and so on.

Have you considered that this might be on him and many of his moves?

Eg. if I constantly behave like an a-hole, I do not get to use the increased dislikement that earns me as proof that folks just are after me and hence their complaints don't hold any merit.

(03-18-2022, 10:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Can the same be said for literally any dem who claims the same? I’m pretty sure Stacey Abrams still hasn’t conceded. Trump was not a legitimate president per Hillary Clinton.

No matter to what extent these folks did something wrong (I can see that they might have), it is not even remotely the same thing as the things Trump did and/or tried to do. Abrams did not fight the outcome or call in favors to overturn them. Hillary did not constantly claim that Trump and his cronies everywhere stole the election from her and deserve jail time for it. Thre's a vast difference to your counter-examples, don't declare them all the same to defend Trump on this.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: Have you considered that this might be on him and many of his moves?

Eg. if I constantly behave like an a-hole, I do not get to use the increased dislikement that earns me as proof that folks just are after me and hence their complaints don't hold any merit.

No matter to what extent these folks did something wrong (I can see that they might have), it is not even remotely the same thing as the things Trump did and/or tried to do. Abrams did not fight the outcome or call in favors to overturn them. Hillary did not constantly claim that Trump and his cronies everywhere stole the election from her and deserve jail time for it. Thre's a vast difference to your counter-examples, don't declare them all the same to defend Trump on this.

It wasn’t a defense of Trump (Im not a Trump supporter) as much as it was pointing out that the deck is stacked against anyone with an ® next to their name by the institutions I mentioned, which is my main gripe. Imagine for me if you will, a Trump supporter shoots up a democrat baseball practice and a democrat member of congress gets shot.

I bet we all forgot about Scalise getting shot didn’t we? Just imagine if there was a (D) next to the name. We wouldn’t have forgotten about it I promise you that.

Bush 1 was the worst thing ever. Bush 2 was even worse. McCain was worse-er. Romney had binders full of women (the absolute audacity) and the 80s called and they want their foreign policy back (lololololo slay Obama, how’s that going by the way?). Trump is literally Hitler. Desantis will be double Hitler. On and on and on.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It wasn’t a defense of Trump (Im not a Trump supporter) as much as it was pointing out that the deck is stacked against anyone with an ® next to their name by the institutions I mentioned, which is my main gripe. Imagine for me if you will, a Trump supporter shoots up a democrat baseball practice and a democrat member of congress gets shot.

I bet we all forgot about Scalise getting shot didn’t we? Just imagine if there was a (D) next to the name. We wouldn’t have forgotten about it I promise you that.

Bush 1 was the worst thing ever. Bush 2 was even worse. McCain was worse-er. Romney had binders full of women (the absolute audacity) and the 80s called and they want their foreign policy back (lololololo slay Obama, how’s that going by the way?). Trump is literally Hitler. Desantis will be double Hitler. On and on and on.

I think you're using a loud minority as a syonyme for the whole there. Which isn't quite fair. Or say it is just as fair as if I would use the most insufferable - and very vocal - Trump fans or the Breitbart mob and declare them being representative for the conservative spectrum as a whole.

Bringing Scalise in is, in my point, a bit tasteless, no offense. That has nothing to do with democrats doing anything. Kennedy was shot by a murderer, it was not a democrat shot by republicans, singular instances like these really should not be used to make a partisan point. Lunatics are everywhere and every now and then they do tragic things.

Finally, as for the R. Well, at times I wonder how a group that produces a million liberal crybaby memes a day can be so whiny. Putting aside the few liberal shouters that indeed are over the top, and I sure know they exist. Being critizised, questioned and fought harshly by the other party is part of the political discourse, the dirt is inherent ond not one party's invention. Was Romney so extraordinarily shamed, oh please. Trump literally threatened Hillary with jail time, willfully tolerated lock her up chants, and tried to extort Ukraine into announcing a fake investigation into Biden, things that are not part of the normal political discourse. And you bring up some jokes about Romney or that most democrats did not exactly love the republican presidents? Just in all honesty, I think you need to put things into perspective here.

I, for one, can safely say that I have no affiliation with the democratic party, and not much fondness either. But Trump was not under fire because the deck was stacked against him in such an extraordinary way beforehand by all these institutions. But mainly because he is just an awful human being, full of hubris and spite, producing petty insults and blatant lies to an incredible extent (and quite some idiocy, but that's just an extra). Oh and he tried to overturn an election (his words), which just is an actual coup attempt, and oh so much more. No president in modern times, D or R, has ever come close to that, and that's why he got the harsh critizism he gets from me, and all the R's that stand with him. Not for the R, but for their loyalty to this man.

How would certain institutions, the left-leaning media or whoever have treated Trump if he were an overall decent person like Romney that didn't fall in love with brutal dictators or try to pressure folks into personal loyalty over civic duty and all that other stuff? Well, maybe not fairly, but I would not know why I'd care much about that. It's a hypothetical that adds nothing to the picture at hand.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 01:19 AM)hollodero Wrote: I think you're using a loud minority as a syonyme for the whole there. Which isn't quite fair. Or say it is just as fair as if I would use the most insufferable - and very vocal - Trump fans or the Breitbart mob and declare them being representative for the conservative spectrum as a whole.

Bringing Scalise in is, in my point, a bit tasteless, no offense. That has nothing to do with democrats doing anything. Kennedy was shot by a murderer, it was not a democrat shot by republicans, singular instances like these really should not be used to make a partisan point. Lunatics are everywhere and every now and then they do tragic things.

Finally, as for the R. Well, at times I wonder how a group that produces a million liberal crybaby memes a day can be so whiny. Putting aside the few liberal shouters that indeed are over the top, and I sure know they exist. Being critizised, questioned and fought harshly by the other party is part of the political discourse, the dirt is inherent ond not one party's invention. Was Romney so extraordinarily shamed, oh please. Trump literally threatened Hillary with jail time, willfully tolerated lock her up chants, and tried to extort Ukraine into announcing a fake investigation into Biden, things that are not part of the normal political discourse. And you bring up some jokes about Romney or that most democrats did not exactly love the republican presidents? Just in all honesty, I think you need to put things into perspective here.

I, for one, can safely say that I have no affiliation with the democratic party, and not much fondness either. But Trump was not under fire because the deck was stacked against him in such an extraordinary way beforehand by all these institutions. But mainly because he is just an awful human being, full of hubris and spite, producing petty insults and blatant lies to an incredible extent (and quite some idiocy, but that's just an extra). Oh and he tried to overturn an election (his words), which just is an actual coup attempt, and oh so much more. No president in modern times, D or R, has ever come close to that, and that's why he got the harsh critizism he gets from me, and all the R's that stand with him. Not for the R, but for their loyalty to this man.

How would certain institutions, the left-leaning media or whoever have treated Trump if he were an overall decent person like Romney that didn't fall in love with brutal dictators or try to pressure folks into personal loyalty over civic duty and all that other stuff? Well, maybe not fairly, but I would not know why I'd care much about that. It's a hypothetical that adds nothing to the picture at hand.

(03-19-2022, 01:19 AM)hollodero Wrote: I think you're using a loud minority as a syonyme for the whole there. Which isn't quite fair. Or say it is just as fair as if I would use the most insufferable - and very vocal - Trump fans or the Breitbart mob and declare them being representative for the conservative spectrum as a whole.

Loud minority? Trust me when I say the minority has been quiet outside of the yahoos, you’ll see in November.

Was it not an avid Bernie supporter targeting republicans?

Being criticized, questioned, and fought harshly is not part of the political discourse when you’re a democrat. How many times has Biden shut down questions and turned and walked away? Almost every time. Doocy is the only one that asks anything worthwhile and that’s thru Psaki who is just playing West Wing dress up. Even then, it’s MUH FOX NEWS!

As I said, not here to defend Trump. I could go full whatabout with the current donkey-brained president but I won’t.

We got the answer to this question in 2012. The 1980s called and they want their foreign policy back (Russia). What a zinger by Obama that the media drooled over! Again, how are we looking now?

Edit: ****** up the formatting here. Read it in the quoted message or don’t, no skin off my ass.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 02:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Edit: ****** up the formatting here. Read it in the quoted message or don’t, no skin off my ass.

I think I read it. You reiterated that a Bernie supporter shot Scalise, as if that would mean Bernie is responsible, or the democratic party. Which, again, makes as much sense as blaming republicans for shooting Kennedy. Or Steffi Graf for some fan of hers stabbing Monica Seles. It is a particularly unfair point that does not get more viable through repetition.

You also tried, as I see it, to separate Trump from the republican party that is treated so unfairly, and I feel that just doesn't work. If the Democrats chose Elon Musk or Kathy Griffin [or put in someone you consider particvularly insufferable] as their undisputed leader and fell in line behind anything he/she says and does, you would certainly not separate the party from their dominating figure as well. Especially if said thing were a coup attempt. It matters.

And regarding Romney, this point of yours is particularly petty imho. Oh my god liberals said something that turned out to possibly have been unfair to Romney more than ten years ago in a presidential election (they might have done so), they now need to collectively apologize and dissolve or what?

Finally, donkey-brained Biden... I can see him being somewhat similar to George Dabbeljuh in that regard, for sure he makes a lot of quite inexplainable errors in his speeches; and overall I get why one would be less than satisfied with his work so far. But donkey brained goes too far and I feel you can't make a whataboutism argument when comparing him to Trump. Imho not even in silly sayings, but most certainly not regarding all the other stuff I mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: That reads as if you have a "perception" about her and no matter what she would say or do it would be "awful".

Jesus Christ if this isn’t the pot calling the kettle black.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’ll help pay to fix his current one, but no way am I helping buy him a new one. Buncha suckers

I would like to say that is was by far and away my favorite comment about this story until I saw this about an hour ago.

"Turns out that there was no mechanical problem, it was just a loud whine coming from the right wing"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote