Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trump banned from Colorado ballot
Star 
(12-21-2023, 12:44 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I can tell that you're the type to blame everything on the left, but it was a group of Conservative lawyers and judges that brought this case to the Colorado DA.

With that fact, you just made a few on here heads spin around and explode.  Just wait, they'll say, "They're not real conservatives, they're RINOs."  Ronald Reagan and Alex Keaton would be kicked out of Trump's cult and labeled RINOs.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
The Reverdy Johnson and Lot Morrill exchange in 1866 during the colloquy on phrasing of the 14th amendment annihilates the claim potus is excluded.

The intent of the framers is clear.

https://youtu.be/A1Ze5qIYyuY?si=SE-_TQ0YFhpknxyl
Reply/Quote
I have been enjoying my time in Dayton and Cincinnati, but need to weigh in on this issue.

Trump is accused of attempting a insurrection, but never convicted of it. Biden has been accused of bribery and influence peddling, he too has not been convicted of anything. An impeachment of Trump or Biden is a political exercise, nit a criminal trial. Trump was impeached a second time by the house onyl, it was never sent to senate for a trial so really just a partisan witch hunt by Democrats.

As for Biden, also a political exercise or process and many Democrats are saying it is partisan and a witch hunt.

If Trump was convicted of staging a insurrection, that would change things. A partisan Democratic judge saying he felt he did does not hold water in a criminal court.

The question people I have spoken to the past week are asking is why not let the voters decide if Trump us guilty? I actually had 3 ladiesI have known for 40 years who have voted for Democrats since college, tell me they thought it was crazy and most undemocratic thing they have ever seen. As they put it, idiots are make my party look bad by applauding the Trump decision by the Colorado Supreme court.

If it was Biden who was knocked off the ballott in Ohio, Democrats would be screaming and protesting in the masses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump is accused of attempting a resurrection, but never convicted of it. 

I know this is a typo, but the mental image it conjures up is hilarious.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been enjoying my time in Dayton and Cincinnati, but need to weigh in on this issue.

Trump is accused of attempting a resurrection, but never convicted of it. Biden has been accused of bribery and influence peddling, he too has not been convicted of anything. An impeachment of Trump or Biden is a political exercise, nit a criminal trial. Trump was impeached a second time by the house onyl, it was never sent to senate for a trial so really just a partisan witch hunt by Democrats.

As for Biden, also a political exercise or process and many Democrats are saying it is partisan and a witch hunt.

If Trump was convicted of staging a resurrection, that would change things. A partisan Democratic judge saying he felt he did does not hold water in a criminal court.

The question people I have spoken to the past week are asking is why not let the voters decide if Trump us guilty? I actually had 3 ladiesI have known for 40 years who have voted for Democrats since college, tell me they thought it was crazy and most undemocratic thing they have ever seen. As they put it, idiots are make my party look bad by applauding the Trump decision by the Colorado Supreme court.

If it was Biden who was knocked off the ballott in Ohio, Democrats would be screaming and protesting in the masses.

Because the constitution says so. Same way voters don’t get to decide if Elon musk or Arnold Schwarzenegger will be our next president.

Turns out breaking your oath of office and rebelling against the country you swore to protect gets you the ban hammer.

It’s really simple. Don’t break your oath of office and try to overthrow our democracy. And the 14th amendment won’t bar you from running for office.

The man exercised every option he could think of to rebel against our democratic norms.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been enjoying my time in Dayton and Cincinnati, but need to weigh in on this issue.

Trump is accused of attempting a resurrection, but never convicted of it. Biden has been accused of bribery and influence peddling, he too has not been convicted of anything. An impeachment of Trump or Biden is a political exercise, nit a criminal trial. Trump was impeached a second time by the house onyl, it was never sent to senate for a trial so really just a partisan witch hunt by Democrats.

If Trump was convicted of staging a resurrection, that would change things. A partisan Democratic judge saying he felt he did does not hold water in a criminal court.

B/c its Constitutional Law and this is a civil punishment, not a criminal one to which the threshold of guilt is much greater.  If both chambers vote 2/3,  the disability (Disqualification) can be removed, so he'd need 67% of the house and 67 senators.  I realized the MAGA folks don't care about the laws of the Constitution except when it comes to 2A, but it is what it is...  You can't love one law while completely disregarding the others.

Also, Joe Biden has never staged a coup or engaged in a seditious conspiracy to overthrow the Constitution of the United States.   Donald Trump has engaged in a seditious conspiracy to overthrow the Constitution of the United States, and EIGHT judges (*1-lower court, and 7- Supreme)from Colorado have found him civilly liable for causing an insurrection;  wherefore, that disqualifies him from ever holding federal office pursuant to the 14th Amendment,  Article 3 of the United States Constitution.

Not to mention Trump has 91 felonies hanging over his head, and JOE Biden doesn't have a single one.

*Even though the Colorado Supreme Court ruled 4-3 all 7 agreed with the lower trial court in that Trump engaged in an insurrection against the United States.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know this is a typo, but the mental image it conjures up is hilarious.

You picturing holy man resurrection or necromancer raising the dead?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You picturing holy man resurrection or necromancer raising the dead?

Well, if I can D&D nerd out on you for a moment, a necromancer animates the dead, not resurrects them.  But honestly either is a funny mental image.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, if I can D&D nerd out on you for a moment, a necromancer animates the dead, not resurrects them.  But honestly either is a funny mental image.

What's your bend bars/lift gates percentage?

Anyways, resurrecting people yet another thing Jesus did that the current GOP would sneer at.  If you resurrect people, they'll just go around dying every day and expecting you to bail them out.
Reply/Quote
[Image: necromancer.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You picturing holy man resurrection or necromancer raising the dead?

I realized it was a typo when I read it, but couldn't help to think that some of the Trump cult followers probably really do think he actually can perform a "resurrection."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 12:34 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I realized it was a typo when I read it, but couldn't help to think that some of the Trump cult followers probably really do think he actually can perform a "resurrection."

He's going to prove he can do it right after he releases his perfect healthcare plan and Obama's real birth certificate. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What's your bend bars/lift gates percentage?

Anyways, resurrecting people yet another thing Jesus did that the current GOP would sneer at.  If you resurrect people, they'll just go around dying every day and expecting you to bail them out.

I have a natural 18/00 strength, so if I remember correctly it's 40%.

Reply/Quote
Hmmmm................The gift that keeps giving
https://www.foxnews.com/media/mainstream-media-admit-foolish-colorado-supreme-court-ruling-gift-trump

Mainstream media admit 'foolish' Colorado Supreme Court ruling is gift to Trump
'Donald Trump received an early Christmas present courtesy of the Colorado Supreme Court,' a column in the L.A. Times stated
Several mainstream media outlets published pieces this week arguing that the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to bar former President Trump from the state’s primary ballot is a "gift" to his re-election campaign.

Columns in CNN, The L.A. Times, and a report from NBC News insisted that the state Supreme Court’s invocation of Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to remove Trump from the ballot does the opposite of block him from being president again. It gives him a "boost."

That’s how L.A. Times columnist Mark Barabak described the 4-3 ruling in his piece, titled, "Colorado decision striking Trump from ballot is a boost, not a setback, for his campaign.
In the Tuesday column, Barabak wrote, "Donald Trump received an early Christmas present courtesy of the Colorado Supreme Court." He said that though the decision has been seen as something to be celebrated by Democrats and Trump foes, "in the longer term the ruling may well be moot."

The columnist said, "But a perceived assault on the insurrectionist ex-president — by Democratic-appointed Colorado justices, no less — will only make him more sympathetic to the GOP base; his support in polls soared last April after the first of four indictments."

Barabak continued, describing the court’s decision as another attempt at "an easy out" for Democrats and their Trump problem.

"They’re counting on rulings such as the one in Colorado, or legal efforts underway in California and other states, to banish Trump from the ballot and end the threat of his return to the White House. But there’s no easy shortcut to short-circuit Trump’s comeback, notwithstanding the exultation over Tuesday’s court decision," he said.

He concluded, saying, "Democrats will have to beat him at the ballot box, as they should. A courtroom is no place to decide a presidential election — which is exactly what the Supreme Court did in 2000."

In a column published at CNN.com, University of Pennsylvania political science senior lecturer Damon Linker proclaimed that the Colorado Supreme Court’s Tuesday Trump decision "is breathtakingly foolish."
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 09:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, if I can D&D nerd out on you for a moment, a necromancer animates the dead, not resurrects them.  But honestly either is a funny mental image.

I am aware. Thus the difference of terms in my question.

In either case - I'm sure he'd have the incantations in front of him, get about a quarter of the way through it, go off script, and accidentally summon a tarrasque that kills everything and everyone within 100 miles of the attempt.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 04:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I am aware. Thus the difference of terms in my question.

In either case - I'm sure he'd have the incantations in front of him, get about a quarter of the way through it, go off script, and accidentally summon a tarrasque that kills everything and everyone within 100 miles of the attempt.

You know, in all the years of playing D&D (I still play on a bi-weekly basis) I've never fought a purple worm, one of the most iconic monsters in the game.  And yes, I realize I served up an amazing straight line there.  No way to mention a purple worm without doing so.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
[Image: homer-simpson-nerd-alert.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 04:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You know, in all the years of playing D&D (I still play on a bi-weekly basis) I've never fought a purple worm, one of the most iconic monsters in the game.  And yes, I realize I served up an amazing straight line there.  No way to mention a purple worm without doing so.  Smirk

23 years ago my college buddies and I were playing some quest involving a fort full of giants.  We were part of the way into the quest and we opened a door to a giant hall where 100 hill giants were having a huge party.  The DM told us no one made a listen check first, so tough shit.  Apparently we were all as good as deaf and then as good as dead. 

We were all slain except the DMs wizard because he knew teleport and would always get away while the rest of got shellacked.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 04:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You know, in all the years of playing D&D (I still play on a bi-weekly basis) I've never fought a purple worm, one of the most iconic monsters in the game.  And yes, I realize I served up an amazing straight line there.  No way to mention a purple worm without doing so.  Smirk

I did. Once.

I did not survive. Dice got me good that time lol
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
On topic:

Conservatives: Being indicted/arrested/impeached/removed from the ballot is going to make Trump more popular!

Also Conservatives: Let's do the exact same thing to Biden!
Reply/Quote