Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trump banned from Colorado ballot
(12-29-2023, 12:22 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Im my opinion any state that refuses a parties nomination from being on the ballot should have its electoral votes ignored.

This is funny seeing how more often than not the D and R parties successfully keep 3rd party candidates off state ballots.  

(12-29-2023, 12:22 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Funny that a bunch of limp-wristed, blue-haired freaks are on the verge of doing what Fascists were not, all without firing a shot.

Know thy enemy, eh?

[Image: colo-scotus-mo_1703611317670_hpEmbed_5x4.jpg]

Yeah, what a bunch of ultra liberal blue haired weirdos.  This is what is sad about unrest in this country.  Conservatives make a motion to remove Trump from a state's ballot and it's given the green light by supreme court justices and the angered masses are conditioned to want to throttle the nearest 19 year old girl with dyed hair or "too many" piercings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This is funny seeing how more often than not the D and R parties successfully keep 3rd party candidates off state ballots.  

Know thy enemy, eh?

[Image: colo-scotus-mo_1703611317670_hpEmbed_5x4.jpg]

Yeah, what a bunch of ultra liberal blue haired weirdos.  This is what is sad about unrest in this country.  Conservatives make a motion to remove Trump from a state's ballot and it's given the green light by supreme court justices and the angered masses are conditioned to want to throttle the nearest 19 year old girl with dyed hair or "too many" piercings.

Wake up to reality, Dems are using Putin-esque tactics in order to beat Trump, these people don't care about democracy. States don't have the right to tell you who you can and can't vote for, this shouldn't even be a question. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:53 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Wake up to reality, Dems are using Putin-esque tactics in order to beat Trump, these people don't care about democracy. States don't have the right to tell you who you can and can't vote for, this shouldn't even be a question. 

I don't know about states but the constitution does.

It might be written under Soros orders but it what it is. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:22 AM)Bengalion Wrote: And the Stalinists strike again. Leftists are evil, that includes VOR, who supports these tactics. Im my opinion any state that refuses a parties nomination from being on the ballot should have its electoral votes ignored. Democrats are the biggest enemy the country has ever faced. You can laugh it off as overly emotional hyperbole, but they are almost there.

Funny that a bunch of limp-wristed, blue-haired freaks are on the verge of doing what Fascists were not, all without firing a shot.

In this country we have something called a Constitution and guess what it contains more than the 2nd amendment.

In Trump's case the Colorado Supreme Court, in a case brought by registered Republicans and former Trump voters, was asked to decide whether he was eligible to be on the ballot based on the wording contained in the 14th amendment.they ruled he wasn’t. Using the justice system is the American way to settle legal disputes not a Stalinist way. It has worked well for nearly 250 years. Trump loses a lot of court battles, usually because he is wrong. And every time he loses he claims the world is rigged against this wealthy powerful man.

States run their elections. Each has rules that every candidate must adhere to in order to appear on their ballots regardless of party. There is no mechanism in which the Feds can not count a state’s electoral votes simply because a certain candidate wasn’t on the ballot.

It wasn’t the evil Democrats who tried to prevent the certification of a legally decided election. It was delusional Republican that were led by a Trump. He put himself in position to be excluded from the ballot no one else

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:22 AM)Bengalion Wrote: And the Stalinists strike again. Leftists are evil, that includes VOR, who supports these tactics. Im my opinion any state that refuses a parties nomination from being on the ballot should have its electoral votes ignored. Democrats are the biggest enemy the country has ever faced. You can laugh it off as overly emotional hyperbole, but they are almost there.

Funny that a bunch of limp-wristed, blue-haired freaks are on the verge of doing what Fascists were not, all without firing a shot.

My goodness.

The man tried to overthrow the government of the United States of America.

And instead of being outraged at him, you are outraged at people who took an oath to defend the constitution and are actually doing it.

Unbelievable.

Now I’m supposed to feel sorry for the poor little perpetual victim crowd that is maga and believe the biggest enemy of the country is people defending the constitution? You guys are whacko. Seriously. Listen to yourself spewing total garbage to defend a man who tried to illegally take over your country.

We all watched it play out in real time. There is no denying it. Unless I’m totally hallucinating then I’ll apologize if you can prove to me Trump didn’t try to overturn the 2020 election? I’ll wait.

I can’t imagine how it feels going all in trying to defend a traitor.

Suck it up butter cup. And find another golden idol to worship. Believe it or not. There are actually better candidates out there than a reality tv show host, serial sexual assaulter, pathological lying, conman, narcissist, bankruptcy king, traitor, who headed fraudulent charities. Much much better candidates out there.

The funny thing is I think the GOP can actually win this election. IF the silver spoon nepo baby rich guy from NY who shits in gold toilets isn’t the guy on the ballot.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In time, the ultimate court will decide if Trump is on every state ballot. If they feel he engged in an insurrection, I guess they will allow him to be removed from the ballots in the purple and blue states that are run by Democrats.

Investigate the Jan. 6th committee evidence, then show us 100% of everything they gathered was saved, good or bad on Trump and or our government. Problem is you won't find it, they destroyed some of the evidence. Why?

*****Conspiracy theory alert*****   Time to get out the tin foil to line your hats folks. This is DISINFORMATION at it's finest.

Buddy, They did, and the Jan 6th footage is archived within the NARA.  The disinformation from right-wing media wants just to forget about the police officers being maimed for life by being blinded, PTSD, loss of limbs, etc.,  and Trump supporters screaming, "Hang Mike Pence!"  All the while when several called Trump to put a stop to the insurrection, he did nothing.  That's called: GIVING AIDE and COMFORT to an insurrection or a rebellion, which is also a violation of the 14th Amendment Article 3.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383

If the SCOTUS gets involved (I don't think they will) and says Trump ENGAGED in an Insurrection, then he's off all 50 state ballots.  If they punt and say it's a decision decided by Federalism then that should be left up to each state's Sec of State or State's Supreme Court.

The state of Maine just banned Donald Trump from the ballot for ENGAGING in an INSURRECTION.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:53 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Wake up to reality, Dems are using Putin-esque tactics in order to beat Trump, these people don't care about democracy. States don't have the right to tell you who you can and can't vote for, this shouldn't even be a question. 

They already do that. Where was this anger from you when Gary Johnson wasn't allowed on the debate stage with Hillary Clinton and Trump?  Did you want multiple states to throw out EC votes when they decided the American voters shouldn't vote outside of D and R?

This stuff is all brand new to you now that it's happening to Trump. Now it matters, now it's totalitarianism.  When it's happened all those other times in the past 40+ years it just flew under your radar because your team was doing it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 09:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They already do that. Where was this anger from you when Gary Johnson wasn't allowed on the debate stage with Hillary Clinton and Trump?  Did you want multiple states to throw out EC votes when they decided the American voters shouldn't vote outside of D and R?

This stuff is all brand new to you now that it's happening to Trump. Now it matters, now it's totalitarianism.  When it's happened all those other times in the past 40+ years it just flew under your radar because your team was doing it. 

That's just it with Trump supporters.  How dare anyone hold their Cheeto-Faced Shitgibbon messiah accountable under the law and make him play by the rules?!?!?!  It's just like elections, they only count when their side wins; otherwise, it was all rigged without any evidence supporting their claim other than the words of a Con Artist named Benedict Donald "The Traitor" tRump saying he was cheated.  Just like tRump said when Cruz beat him in Iowa and Kasich in Ohio in the 2016 primaries. tRump's entire life when things don't go his way it's b/c it was rigged and he was cheated and then acts like a petulant toddler
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
SCOTUS ruled in Trump’s favor. He remains on the ballot. This was the expected outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 01:14 PM)pally Wrote: SCOTUS ruled in Trump’s favor. He remains on the ballot.  This was the expected outcome

Perhaps, but I'm not sure that ANYONE was expecting a 9-0 decision on the matter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps, but I'm not sure that ANYONE was expecting a 9-0 decision on the matter.

Maybe not before the oral arguments but I think that anyone who doubted a 9-0 decision after those arguments was really fooling themselves. I thought it was quite obvious that none of those judges were buying the argument at all. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 01:14 PM)pally Wrote: SCOTUS ruled in Trump’s favor. He remains on the ballot.  This was the expected outcome

Way to take the L with grace. Hilarious

(03-04-2024, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps, but I'm not sure that ANYONE was expecting a 9-0 decision on the matter.

Both Bel and I did, although he was skeptical of how Gorsuch would reconcile this with a pervious decision of his.  

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Democratic-led-states-Remove-Trump-off-ballot

A 9-0 SCOTUS decision is always a good thing.

Reply/Quote

Ida know, the GOP is stuck with Trump after their attempts to pivot to a DeSantis/Haley style ticket wasn't going to fly and democrats know the only candidate Biden has a puncher's chance at beating in 2024 is Trump so everyone kind of "wants" him on the ballot in a sense. Things can change in politics, but lordy to think in a year and some change the narrative went from a near certainty that DeSantis was is going to be president from 2024-2032 to a victory being that Trump is going to be on all of the state ballots for 2024...wacky.

We will see how 2024 shakes out, but if Biden wins again I assure you the "liberals tricked us into backing Trump" arguments will start flying...of course the party will try to move on before Trump asserts himself again as the only choice for 2028.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, the GOP is stuck with Trump after their attempts to pivot to a DeSantis/Haley style ticket wasn't going to fly and democrats know the only candidate Biden has a puncher's chance at beating in 2024 is Trump so everyone kind of "wants" him on the ballot in a sense. Things can change in politics, but lordy to think in a year and some change the narrative went from a near certainty that DeSantis was is going to be president from 2024-2032 to a victory being that Trump is going to be on all of the state ballots for 2024...wacky.

We will see how 2024 shakes out, but if Biden wins again I assure you the "liberals tricked us into backing Trump" arguments will start flying...of course the party will try to move on before Trump asserts himself again as the only choice for 2028.

You're not too far off.  Quite a few say the only reason P01135809 is still relevant is because of Democrats and NOT because MAGA keeps voting for him and the gop can't get anyone to go after him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 02:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: You're not too far off.  Quite a few say the only reason P01135809 is still relevant is because of Democrats and NOT because MAGA keeps voting for him and the gop can't get anyone to go after him.

Quite a few people who actually pay attention acknowledge it's both.

Reply/Quote
I was always curious about how this was going to turn out, not surprised.
When in doubt, Fed usually over rules states, and considering it's in the Constitution doesn't that alone make it a Federal issue?

It's like Filing Taxes, People think you have to share the kids every other year as dependents, but you don't.
The Divorce/Custody arrangements is at a State Level, which doesn't over ride the Federal Level.
If the child(ren) live you with 60% or more of the time as the Federal level requires, then you are allowed to claim them on your Federal Taxes, it's only when you file at the state level do you have to go back and forth on it.

So basically, in order to get Trump removed from the Ballot, the Feds need to try him for Insurrection and find him Guilty.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 01:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Way to take the L with grace. Hilarious

Both Bel and I did, although he was skeptical of how Gorsuch would reconcile this with a pervious decision of his.  

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Democratic-led-states-Remove-Trump-off-ballot

A 9-0 SCOTUS decision is always a good thing.

Please show me where I ever thought that Trump would not prevail.  I did state his arguments of immunity, that the President wasn't an officer of the US, and he hadn't sworn an oath to uphold the constitution was nonsense.   The SCOTUS ruling was based on federalism, not because of those arguments.  I fully expected the Cpurt, absent a conviction of some sort, to rule in his favor.

Reply/Quote
Unanimous
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Good. Maybe this outcome will open the eyes of the extreme left and awaken them to how ridiculous they've been acting. It's embarrassing to our nation. Will it? Nope, they won't stop here. Clowns will be clowns.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 06:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good. Maybe this outcome will open the eyes of the extreme left and awaken them to how ridiculous they've been acting. It's embarrassing to our nation. Will it? Nope, they won't stop here. Clowns will be clowns.

yep, you are spot on. 

Democrats say Trump is the end of democracy, so they attempt to ignore the constitution and remove him off the ballot.

Trump said it well today, Biden needs to close the border and quit using his DOJ and liberal states and counties to prosecute him. Biden needs to beat him. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote