Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump begrudgingly commits to orderly transfer of power & Tucker knows who to blame
It must have been torture for him to admit it. You know it had to be hammered into him before he released his message. He still had to say he was wronged. Less than two weeks left of this hopeless moron.

Tucker Carlson knows who to blame . . . he finishes up, "It's not your fault. It's their fault." Nowhere does he assign blame to Trump.

I don't know how, but I still get shocked that people believe Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham whenever I peak into their shows. It's not the "facts" that they say . . . it's the facts that they leave out because they'll lessen the impact of their partisan bullshit if they tell the entire story. Every topic dances around certain facts so they can amplify the facts that can push their agenda.

Conservatives will always give the classic line "If you think the left media isn't biased then I don't know what to tell you". LOL 

If you're a conservative and honestly think that MSNBC and CNN are as far off to the left as Fox, OAN and Newsmax are off to the right, then I can't tell you anything because, through experience talking to conservatives, you are already lost. I'm surprised you weren't in DC today. One of the big differences is that if a Liberal does something wrong or illegal, I'll still hear about it on MSNBC or CNN. Fat chance of hearing any of that about a conservative on Fox, OAN or NM unless it is so egregious, then they'll add in a snippet when they're doing a quick rundown in the daytime.

Tucker says above about the woman that died "suddenly, with no warning, there's gunfire and you hear a shot and the woman falls"

BULLSHIT

Let's put some more facts in with this story. She was the first person climbing up to go through the busted out glass window of the barricaded door that led to the hallway of the Senate Chamber. When she gets both feet up where the bottom of the window used to be(about 3 to 4 feet high) and starts to go through, she gets knocked back by a single gunshot. Unsurprisingly, no one decided to go through the door after this. But Tucker won't tell you all of that because it doesn't fit his agenda of laying blame somewhere else and if you don't look around at other news sources, you'll never know how completely full of shit he really is.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 07:57 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If you're a conservative and honestly think that MSNBC and CNN are as far off to the left as Fox, OAN and Newsmax are off to the right, then I can't tell you anything because, through experience talking to conservatives, you are already lost. I'm surprised you weren't in DC today. One of the big differences is that if a Liberal does something wrong or illegal, I'll still hear about it on MSNBC or CNN. Fat chance of hearing any of that about a conservative on Fox, OAN or NM unless it is so egregious, then they'll add in a snippet when they're doing a quick rundown in the daytime.

I consider myself in the middle, seriously.  I do consider MSNBC as far left and FOXNEWS is right, but I consider CNN to be about as in the middle as any news agency.  They have both very liberal and very conservative opinion pieces, and most of their front page articles are news, not opinion, AND they label opinion as opinion.  Does CNN lean left?  Maybe, but it isn't in the same extreme category as the others IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: I consider myself in the middle, seriously.  I do consider MSNBC as far left and FOXNEWS is right, but I consider CNN to be about as in the middle as any news agency.  They have both very liberal and very conservative opinion pieces, and most of their front page articles are news, not opinion, AND they label opinion as opinion.  Does CNN lean left?  Maybe, but it isn't in the same extreme category as the others IMO.

I mostly agree with you. CNN is left-leaning, but not close to MSNBC. But, I primarily rely on NPR, AP, and Reuters because they are more reliable and less biased than pretty much anything else out there in major media.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
We'll see how well this goes.

It's just like in his video to try and calm the mob, he basically said "This election was stolen and you have every right to be outraged!...But please don't (I have to say this, keep doing what you're doing. I'm blinking twice because I'm being held captive.) We love you, you're special. Go home (don't go home, keep causing chaos, because we're right and they're wrong!). Do the right thing."

You can't take his statements about peaceful transitions seriously when, in the same breath, he continues this absurd fantasy that the election was stolen from him.
Reply/Quote
What is bizarre is how the Capitol breech was just a mob following pointless orders.  They didn't get the vote overturned, they just broke in and then milled around and put up Trump flags and took selfies for their social media to show they followed Trump's orders.

They treated their real lives and our democracy like an online capture the flag game. Then the democratic process started back up and the guy they don't want to be president was appointed.  They are following the orders of a man with no actual plan but they're proud as hell to do it and they have proof they did what Trump told them to do. That's all there is to it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: I consider myself in the middle, seriously.  I do consider MSNBC as far left and FOXNEWS is right, but I consider CNN to be about as in the middle as any news agency.  They have both very liberal and very conservative opinion pieces, and most of their front page articles are news, not opinion, AND they label opinion as opinion.  Does CNN lean left?  Maybe, but it isn't in the same extreme category as the others IMO.

(01-07-2021, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mostly agree with you. CNN is left-leaning, but not close to MSNBC. But, I primarily rely on NPR, AP, and Reuters because they are more reliable and less biased than pretty much anything else out there in major media.

Agreed on both counts.  Honestly, outside their OP-ED section, which absolutely skews conservative, The Wall Street Journal has some very solid, fact based reporting.
Reply/Quote
And Trump's former bulldog cuts ties.

William Barr Calls Donald Trump’s Conduct “A Betrayal Of His Office And Supporters”

https://deadline.com/2021/01/william-barr-donald-trump-capitol-riots-betrayal-1234666490/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And Trump's former bulldog cuts ties.

William Barr Calls Donald Trump’s Conduct “A Betrayal Of His Office And Supporters”

https://deadline.com/2021/01/william-barr-donald-trump-capitol-riots-betrayal-1234666490/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, I think yesterday was the last straw for many.  Maybe not internally, but it looked so bad everyone will have to distance themselves from it.  Trump may have actually done the GOP a favor because this will absolutely make it easier to move on from Trump.  I've always been of the opinion that Trumpism ends once he's out of office, but yesterday sealed it.
Reply/Quote
Trump has been banned from Facebook now for the rest of his term and potentially beyond. Zuckerberg waits until he knows he is safe from his wrath to make the move.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I think yesterday was the last straw for many.  Maybe not internally, but it looked so bad everyone will have to distance themselves from it.  Trump may have actually done the GOP a favor because this will absolutely make it easier to move on from Trump.  I've always been of the opinion that Trumpism ends once he's out of office, but yesterday sealed it.

Trump has lied about and turned his mob against anyone who fails him, whether what he assigned that person to do was possible or not, as with Pence. 

Why Republicans thought they could appease and satiate Trump is beyond me.   

Also, it's funny how none of the politicians who were doing exactly what the mob wanted them to do stuck around to meet them. It's almost like they don't trust these peaceful Patriots they've stuffed full of fear and propaganda.  
Reply/Quote
[Image: ErJJDP_XUBA-a8E?format=png&name=large]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

He also doubled down that there wasnt enough evidence of widespread fraud. Which of course he got largely ignored by the rw media and forced to quit a month early.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: [Image: ErJJDP_XUBA-a8E?format=png&name=large]

A bi partisan measure to bar Trump from running in 2024 would make their lives easier. 
Reply/Quote

People in this forum often speak as if the closer to the center of the spectrum a news organization is, the more accurate and trustworthy its reporting.

That's not an especially good standard. 

"Far left" MSNBC has been telling us the truth about Trump for quite some time now, along with CNN. 

Trump "hate" is spreading.  I have a feeling that many former enablers who spent years biting their tongues and swallowing daily humiliation will now feel free to let it all out. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump has lied about and turned his mob against anyone who fails him, whether what he assigned that person to do was possible or not, as with Pence. 

Why Republicans thought they could appease and satiate Trump is beyond me.   

Also, it's funny how none of the politicians who were doing exactly what the mob wanted them to do stuck around to meet them. It's almost like they don't trust these peaceful Patriots they've stuffed full of fear and propaganda.  

They probably would've met with them if Trump had followed through on his promise to go with them to the capital building. He was probably still changing into his walking shoes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 07:57 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Tucker Carlson knows who to blame . . . he finishes up, "It's not your fault. It's their fault." Nowhere does he assign blame to Trump.

I don't know how, but I still get shocked that people believe Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham whenever I peak into their shows. It's not the "facts" that they say . . . it's the facts that they leave out because they'll lessen the impact of their partisan bullshit if they tell the entire story. Every topic dances around certain facts so they can amplify the facts that can push their agenda.

I watched Tucker's entire segment last night.

He assigns primary responsibility for the Capitol breech to the liberal media (as did Hannity in his segment). 

He argued that we need to ask WHY all those people came to Washington and stormed the capital. They were not like BLM/ANTIFA types but real "ordinary" Americans who felt betrayed by their leaders, institutions, and most of all the press. (This mirrors the question "the left" media were asking about the BLM and Floyd protestors--what social/political conditions/inequities could motivate so many to protest and for so long.) 

Because the liberal press lied so much and so often, those Trump supporters could not trust anything they said. They had no secure source of authority to tell them what was really happening during the elections, and naturally felt the election had been stolen.  

If the MSM had been a trustworthy source of truth, this would not have happened. 

Most irritating to me was how Tucker spoke as if the Trump crowds, and Fox audience in general, have been motivated by desire for "the truth" and abandoned the MSM because it was untrustworthy. Fox and Trump have been feeding them fantasy for years to steer them away from the truth about Trump--which the MSM has been duly reporting since the '90s at least. 

Hannity and Ingraham took similar tacks, with segments on "liberal hypocrisy" and claims the Dems all found rioting ok when it was BLM etc., thus breaking down civic norms. "This is what 'the left" does. Stop behaving like 'the left'." As if Biden had called ANTIFA and BLM supporters to Washington and promised "something big" would happen when they got there. None of these shows assigned Qanon conspiracy theories and Trump's election fraud disinformation a causative role in the events of yesterday.

On the good side, Fox's News segments did a much better job and their few real reporters did not shy from linking the mob's incitement directly to Trump. 

NB: Tucker also warned his viewers that the new regime would be using this incident to further limit their freedoms. E.g., censoring their Twitter and Facebook accounts, as "they" had already done to Trump's. The incitement continues.
Reply/Quote
Trump is going to lose the GOP label and he wont be a political factor and if he's in no position to further the neo con agenda or he gets in the way he's going to turn on Tucker and Hannity. No one stays on Trump's good side.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I think yesterday was the last straw for many.  Maybe not internally, but it looked so bad everyone will have to distance themselves from it.  Trump may have actually done the GOP a favor because this will absolutely make it easier to move on from Trump.  I've always been of the opinion that Trumpism ends once he's out of office, but yesterday sealed it.

Trump done them a favor and they very well may have expanded upon it. It's possible that many people were complicit in allowing the horde to get as far as they did. It was known that they'd be at the steps of the Capitol, so why not allow it to be worse ? It drove a nail into Trump and gave the GOP a golden excuse to break their ties from him. You know security and I'd wager you've been to the Capitol. There are multiple layers of security and it is heightened when a large group has planned to gather near. It is possible that this was allowed to happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Trump done them a favor and they very well may have expanded upon it. It's possible that many people were complicit in allowing the horde to get as far as they did. It was known that they'd be at the steps of the Capitol, so why not allow it to be worse ? It drove a nail into Trump and gave the GOP a golden excuse to break their ties from him. You know security and I'd wager you've been to the Capitol. There are multiple layers of security and it is heightened when a large group has planned to gather near. It is possible that this was allowed to happen.

You missed a word in there:  "try" to break their ties from him.

Guys like McConnell are skilled enough to do it.  Much as I find him distasteful and a danger he knows how to play in the system.  

Guys like Graham will have a harder time and his ties will be brought up repeatedly when/if he runs again.

Guys like Jordan, Hawley, Cruz, Gaetz, etc will try to use the same playbook without invoking Trump's name too often but again every opponent will bring up how they enabled him.

They will try...hopefully they do not succeed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: You missed a word in there:  "try" to break their ties from him.

Guys like McConnell are skilled enough to do it.  Much as I find him distasteful and a danger he knows how to play in the system.  

Guys like Graham will have a harder time and his ties will be brought up repeatedly when/if he runs again.

Guys like Jordan, Hawley, Cruz, Gaetz, etc will try to use the same playbook without invoking Trump's name too often but again every opponent will bring up how they enabled him.

They will try...hopefully they do not succeed.

I'm hoping folks have a long memory, but the general public are often successfully distracted.
Reply/Quote