Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump begrudgingly commits to orderly transfer of power & Tucker knows who to blame
(01-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm hoping folks have a long memory, but the general public are often successfully distracted.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rba76qrlnkm7gynfbk...=giphy.gif]

Maybe without the constant Trump Chaos Distraction Machine in motion people can learn to focus again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Trump done them a favor and they very well may have expanded upon it. It's possible that many people were complicit in allowing the horde to get as far as they did. It was known that they'd be at the steps of the Capitol, so why not allow it to be worse ? It drove a nail into Trump and gave the GOP a golden excuse to break their ties from him. You know security and I'd wager you've been to the Capitol. There are multiple layers of security and it is heightened when a large group has planned to gather near. It is possible that this was allowed to happen.

That seems a bit to conspiratorial.  

Who ever "allowed" a Capitol breech to occur would know he would be sacked as a result.

It is likely that that security did not take the crowd seriously, expecting a normal protest, not an assault on the building, and many might have been sympathetic, as indicated by the selfies that police took with the rioters.   

In my view, the more "normal" folks in the security hierarchy still had difficulty taking seriously the degree to which Trump supporters believe Trump's conspiracy mongering. They did not see this crowd of "true believers" as intrinsically more dangerous than 20,000 women peacefully protesting wearing *****-hats. 

I agree with Biden--"We could see it coming" if we'd duly noted the danger signs of authoritarianism.  For years, Americans as a whole have been in denial about Trump's instability and contempt for rule of law, and transference of this to his followers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:57 PM)Dill Wrote: That seems a bit to conspiratorial.  

Who ever "allowed" a Capitol breech to occur would know he would be sacked as a result.

It is likely that that security did not take the crowd seriously, expecting a normal protest, not an assault on the building, and many might have been sympathetic, as indicated by the selfies that police took with the rioters.   

In my view, the more "normal" folks in the security hierarchy still had difficulty taking seriously the degree to which Trump supporters believe Trump's conspiracy mongering. They did not see this crowd of "true believers" as intrinsically more dangerous than 20,000 women peacefully protesting wearing *****-hats. 

I agree with Biden--"We could see it coming" if we'd duly noted the danger signs of authoritarianism.  For years, Americans as a whole have been in denial about Trump's instability and contempt for rule of law, and transference of this to his followers.

It should be viewed as conspiratorial, as there is no way it should have happened.

I'll also concede that "It is possible that many people were complicit" is pretty wide open. 
It still wouldn't surprise me that a Senator or two were involved with 4-5 in security, however.

Btw... I've had personal a experience with security in DC. It was only my wife and I, on our honeymoon, and we were watched for hours.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mostly agree with you. CNN is left-leaning, but not close to MSNBC.

I believe CNN has become more left leaning due to the personal attacks from Trump.  Still far from the level of propaganda Fox provides for the right.

Just heard Lara Ingraham say that the fact that Biden got millions of more votes than Obama was "prima facia proof" that the election was rigged.  That is the kind of BS that Fox viewers actually believe.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:42 PM)Dill Wrote: Hannity and Ingraham took similar tacks, with segments on "liberal hypocrisy" and claims the Dems all found rioting ok when it was BLM etc., thus breaking down civic norms. 

As proof that the left supports violence he posted clips of Cuomo on CNN saying that protestors "don't have to be polite" while never showing any of the quotes where Cuomo actually criticized the violence and looting that marred the protests.

And, as usual, multiple mentions of how the claims that Russia interfered with the 2016 were "proven false".

And warnings of how the left will use this mob action to justify "stealing our personal liberties".  How the hell can they argue BOTH that the left allows violence and that the left will suppress protests and personal liberties?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Trump done them a favor and they very well may have expanded upon it. It's possible that many people were complicit in allowing the horde to get as far as they did. It was known that they'd be at the steps of the Capitol, so why not allow it to be worse ? It drove a nail into Trump and gave the GOP a golden excuse to break their ties from him. You know security and I'd wager you've been to the Capitol. There are multiple layers of security and it is heightened when a large group has planned to gather near. It is possible that this was allowed to happen.

It's possible, but I don't know that there's any credible evidence of this.  Yesterday was certainly the dagger in Trumpisim ever growing within the GOP.  I certainly won't miss the possibility of Ivanka or Don Jr. running in the future, because that's DOA at this point.
Reply/Quote
Trump has confirmed that he will be the first President since 1869 to not attend his successor's inauguration when Andrew Johnson, who was also impeached, did not attend Grant's after Grant refused to sit with him on the carriage ride in.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump has confirmed that he will be the first President since 1869 to not attend his successor's inauguration when Andrew Johnson, who was also impeached, did not attend Grant's after Grant refused to sit with him on the carriage ride in.

I really wanted to watch him try and behave while the whole world knew he was a loser, but I also knew he didn't have any class so he'd duck and run like he's done from everything in his life.

Nothing but a coward and child. A sore loser and small "man" to the end.

And people wanted to promote him as a "alpha male"!  Good times, good times...
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
The non-liberal media needs to decide if these rioters are patriots, or if they are so awful that they are clearly ANTIFA. Also, Trump gave a speech to antifa members who then did what he wanted and then he made a video saying he loved them. Even on Trump planet that ship don't sail.
Reply/Quote
Well Trump learned nothing from timeout.

Who could have imagined?  Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The non-liberal media needs to decide if these rioters are patriots, or if they are so awful that they are clearly ANTIFA. Also, Trump gave a speech to antifa members who then did what he wanted and then he made a video saying he loved them. Even on Trump planet that ship don't sail.

Valid questions I too have had. Mind if I steal this and add it to a few of my tRump friends on FB?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 08:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Valid questions I too have had.  Mind if I steal this and add it to a few of my tRump friends on FB?

Sure, everyone sees the light once they're heard from me...or so I've heard.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well Trump learned nothing from timeout.

Who could have imagined?  Mellow
He's now perma-banned.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It should be viewed as conspiratorial, as there is no way it should have happened.

I'll also concede that "It is possible that many people were complicit" is pretty wide open. 
It still wouldn't surprise me that a Senator or two were involved with 4-5 in security, however.

Btw... I've had personal a experience with security in DC. It was only my wife and I, on our honeymoon, and we were watched for hours.

Roto, upon further reflection I think you've got a valid point. 

I'm going to keep my mind open to that possibility, given all the info coming out about Qanon supporters among security personnel, including the Secret Service.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 12:25 PM)Dill Wrote: Roto, upon further reflection I think you've got a valid point. 

I'm going to keep my mind open to that possibility, given all the info coming out about Qanon supporters among security personnel, including the Secret Service.

Thank you.
The flow of the situation made me extremely suspect. 
Certain people went directly to certain offices. 
The Capitol is huge.
I felt like some people knew exactly where they were going, or were led. 
Reply/Quote
The q-anon rep has been accused (on line) of tweeting Pelosi's location DURING the attack.

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote